Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[u1] ChasmVille

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: [u1] ChasmVille

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011, 14:10

Developer: Bleeder91

Image Image Image
Image Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWZ-Uc0v5M

Synopsis: The small town of ChasmVille is believed to be under the curse of a murderous Count, it's time to find out what is going on! Learn about the history of ChasmVille, discover the true identity of the Count and uncover the truth about the Curse.

Features: RPG like gametype that involves completing quests before you can continue. Custom HUD with film grain, giving that old horror movie feeling. A minimap shows where quests are, and a SearchLight serves as a weapon. Going deeper into the bowels of ChasmVille will screw up your GPS though...
The creatures that roam around are attracted by UV light, so throwing some flares from the Flare Pack will give you a chance to sneak past them. Don't get caught though, because they will hunt you down. The Fox's Tail is a safe zone, and the Entrance heals you and will prevent any damage. The SearchLight doesn't do much except lighting the place up, although the creatures do tend to back away as if they're blinded by the light.

Latest News:
- Reworking the map because editor has no sense of humor. Current map will be a bit different: beach on one side, volcano on the other. Count's Castle will be somewhere up a hill.

Links:
Project page

Demo:
http://www.multiupload.com/R1MBJK6A80
A part of the story is written in translator messages in the nearby library.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [u1] ChasmVille

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011, 18:54

Sounds very interesting. You're really breaking new ground with your projects.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011, 19:10

wait...i played this lol...did u send this to me before? xD

Didn't realize it was unfinished :P Good start though :tup:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011, 19:43

It was unfinished, because editor began to give trouble by duplicating every brush.. gave up on that. I'm in a 'productive' mood right now though. :P

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 11:18

This pic.

Is that a statue of a human with a skaarj razik? *level of interest rapidly rises*
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 13:34

The name makes me think of the book by Alastair Reynolds, Chasm City. Hope the pack is as good as the book :P
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 15:43

This rock'in... and,great avatar ^^
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011, 22:12

the video wrote:Will it's horrors be revealed?
:wink:
I'm not an amateur of RPG-like games but the description raises my interest (throwing flares to lure the enemy away, nice!).

I read somewhere that the story can be read in books in the library: I take it that this will be with in-game messages. In order to avoid unfortunate constructions like the one in red (above), make sure it's proofread.

edited on July 15: to correct one of my mistakes :shy: releaved != revealed
Last edited by salsaSkaarj on 15 Jul 2011, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 06:52

This "throwing flares to lure the enemy away" like Alan Wake...but this is a fantastic idea...pls dont stop... that statue...what shows a human with :tup: razik :D excellent
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011, 14:12

makemeunreal wrote:This "throwing flares to lure the enemy away" like Alan Wake...but this is a fantastic idea...pls dont stop... that statue...what shows a human with :tup: razik :D excellent

No, in Alan Wake the monsters ran away from the light! Although using flares as bait sounds fun.
Could I lure them in with an EXU2 flare and blow them all to hell?! :o :twisted: :lol:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011, 18:25

hehe :D flare rock'in

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011, 23:40

Just tried the demo map posted here, not really reading the description or following the thread :P

But i was in for a surprise, very interesting map, i had alot of fun exploring the "inn" part, talking with people around there, very nice concept.
After i left out into the field, i did one quest for a person, but after that i kinda got lost there. I visited the town hall(?) and read the interesting backstory, but after that i couldn't find any exit.
All in all, very refreshing concept, i'm looking forward to this in the future!

The map had a bit of a scary feel to it, starting with the very suspicious townspeople, to the eerie looking field, pulled off quite nicely.
[spoiler]Not to mention i didn't have any guns and i didn't know flares distract enemies, i spent a while evading that skaarj, until he ran into the hills and got stuck somewhere.
Oh, and is it supposed to end in the cavern with the river below? some scripted effects start there, and then i fall to my death :\[/spoiler]

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011, 00:56

Yeah it's still a concept. It's a buggy piece of rubbish right now, made with cheap floor lofter stuff. Working on a new map that has a beach on one side, volcano on the other. The layout of the houses will be roughly the same, with the small add that there'll be several roads that keep going to higher ground towards the volcano. At the top the volcano will be entirely visible, with the Castle there making a (hopefully) spectacular scene with some minor eruptions going on.
Also have to finetune the enemies so that they will go to flares unless they are 100% focused on you. I was also thinking about adding some epic bossfights with just flares and lights. Will see how far I can get this week, I will post some screens here when the lay-out is complete.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011, 12:59

Update:
Entrance is somewhat complete, working on the tavern now. The beach is as good as done, there's a boat rocking on the water, a lot of plants and trees.. A bit more to see than my usual maps :)

Screens:
Image Image Image

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011, 00:55

Looks very nice, can't wait to play this version, i really enjoyed the demo :)

Next