Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[u1] ChasmVille

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [u1] ChasmVille

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011, 09:17

Me too (: i can't wait...and the unreality too :o
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011, 11:33

Halloween's getting near again..

Progress:
Not much done, although the Inn is almost complete, gotta fill it with some NPCs and furniture. Also made a new video of the map + HUD preview. HUD's far from complete, it just has the basic things without any parts that it might need such as health bar, map and quest list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3L4bzVA8Rg
The vid's quality is not high enough to show the tiny details the HUD has, but ima list it here anyway:
- Film grain: no horror game/movie can go without it :D
- Scratched/Dirty view: when you're looking at a dark spot, film grain is the most visible, but when you're looking at something bright the scratched view becomes more clear. It kinda looks like it's being recorded with an old camera.
- Panic Events: If you don't know Left 4 Dead, panic events happen when things get dangerous. Keep in mind that you're on an island with a volcano nearby, anything can happen. Panic events can be recognized by the film grain turning red.
Screenshots which hopefully are clearer to see:
Image Image

Still having some troubles figuring out what's the best way to show health and light charge. For the light i can probably draw the battery charge onto the light itself, but dunno about health yet. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;)

Also on a side note, I thought I'd be nice to record the whole map making process and upload it. Sux to have only 50 gigs of free space cuz this takes up a lot of time and space, since I have to edit all vids and fit them together, ah well.. Preview anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuoISpd4Og
And yes, that's UED1 :P

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011, 15:02

Looking pretty good so far!

Bleeder91<NL> wrote:And yes, that's UED1 :P

Your patience is legendary. Image

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011, 15:31

I like how you made the searchlight into a "weapon"; I think it adds to the atmosphere.

Keep it up! :tup:

Previous