ividyon will never get this done, will he.

New RTNP Conversion for UT in the works

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: New RTNP Conversion for UT in the works

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011, 13:47

What music did you add to Nexus?
ImageImage

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011, 14:34

UBerserker wrote:What music did you add to Nexus?

Inter.umx

Ok, so maybe not. I have it set to Cyrene for now, but that could change. It's not set in stone yet.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011, 19:18

About the other beta maps, what happened with Fhub6? That is another level I converted in G59 and gave it a quite heavy visual make-up.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011, 19:33

UBerserker wrote:About the other beta maps, what happened with Fhub6? That is another level I converted in G59 and gave it a quite heavy visual make-up.

I decided to use Dimwitty's rain idea, and added generators across the whole map. In Dinwitty's conversion, he had just a few incredibly laggy rain generators at the start of the map. I added them across the whole map successfully with minimal lag, and added ambientsound actors to accompany the rain. The visuals of the map itself were only changed by making it darker and night themed. Textures were also aligned, and many battle sequences added. Oh, and a few decorations were placed. What did you do with your version? Can I possibly see it for some ideas?

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 20:07

Lightning Hunter wrote:Can I possibly see it (...)?

Do you happen to have any more pics? :P
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 20:14

Oh yeah no LH my FHUB6 won't be of help in any way since you're going for a rainy and darker version. Mine goes totally opposite to that (see my G59 thread) :P
ImageImage

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 22:14

Here are some screenshots of Nexus and NexusEnd. Mostly showing off the new lighting and effects. You can click the pics to make the screenshots even larger:

Nexus:

Nexus End:

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 22:55

I need some ideas for music to use in the action sequences of the crypt maps. So far, the only music that even gets close to this theme is Seti section 1 and Nali section 1. I was thinking of using EverSmoke section 1 and WarGate section 1 for longer battles. Any other ideas? So far, this is what I had in mind for music in the new maps:

Nexus - Cyrene, with WarGate section 1 for prolonged battles. I need another action track for quick battles. I originally thought about using Hub2 section 1, but I believe this track doesn't quite fit the theme. Any ideas?

NexusEnd - Silence will be used (lots of ambient sounds), with Nali Section 1 for the Skaarj Boss battle.

Soledad - Music will go unchanged. Soledad1 is used.

Morose - Newmca12, with Seti1 used for action sequences, and possibly Eversmoke section 1 for prolonged battles.

Fhub6 - Black, with Black section 1 used for battle sequences.

Velora Cellars - Magnus; no action sequences used in this map.

Aztec (outside section only) - UnrealT, with New3 (secret area) section 1 as action music.

Cryox - No changes; Inoxx used.

I could really use input on some of this. If anyone has ideas of music to use for the cryptic sections especially, it would be great.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 23:24

I'd remove Eversmoke 1 from Morose and let SETI 1 do the job for battles. I really despise the Bluff tension track, way too forced and it feels better for like "big sad escape moment" or something. In the temple of Jrath you just kick the hell out of Skaarj and Krall.
As for FHub6 the only thoughtful replacement would be that unused Starship One track (it even has other songsections). Isn't Black the same thing as Boundary.umx?

Lastly, UnrealT for the outside section of Aztec is a waste; it feels more like a proper boss battle theme. I'd stick with Suspense as the main ambient track - it was one of the coolest moments of the beta discovering that Aztec was the full version of Velora Temple with that song playing on. New 3 for battles is fine.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 23:52

UBerserker wrote:I'd remove Eversmoke 1 from Morose and let SETI 1 do the job for battles.

I really like the Bluff tension track, but I'll go ahead and take you suggestion and leave Seti 1 for action by itself.

As for FHub6 the only thoughtful replacement would be that unused Starship One track (it even has other songsections). Isn't Black the same thing as Boundary.umx?

You know, you are absolutely right! I thought I had heard it somewhere in the official maps, but the name threw me off. I'll look into using Starship One.

Lastly, UnrealT for the outside section of Aztec is a waste; it feels more like a proper boss battle theme. I'd stick with Suspense as the main ambient track - it was one of the coolest moments of the beta discovering that Aztec was the full version of Velora Temple with that song playing on. New 3 for battles is fine.

The only problem is that I used just the outside area of Aztec as a transition between Soledad and Morose. It no longer connects with the old version of Velora Temple, which means it's not really long enough to enjoy Suspense. I could use it I guess, but it feels more like a track for a longer temple level. Aztec is currently just a very short outdoor transition level. Another option would be Tarwel. It has that "outdoorsy" feel to it, with the drums that fit the semi-Aztec theme.

Any ideas for the action music in Nexus?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011, 00:00

So you did that way with Aztec. Well then, but UnrealT still feels overly epic; tried the other two Alpha tracks?
As for Nexus, I've no idea what battles did you put in, and Cyrene is a rather long track to be constantly stopped by battle themes. Hub2 definitely is out for me, feels quite cheesy for such a dark place. Wargate 1 can go in perfectly. Dasa Cellars battle theme? But it's too Krall dungeon-y.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011, 00:23

UBerserker wrote:So you did that way with Aztec. Well then, but UnrealT still feels overly epic; tried the other two Alpha tracks?

Yeah, I didn't want to have to mess with the temple of Aztec, whenever Velora temple is the same thing (although slightly cut down). I liked the outside area, and felt it was a nice short transition between two dungeon maps. What are the names of the other two Alpha tracks?

As for Nexus, I've no idea what battles did you put in, and Cyrene is a rather long track to be constantly stopped by battle themes. Hub2 definitely is out for me, feels quite cheesy for such a dark place. Wargate 1 can go in perfectly. Dasa Cellars battle theme? But it's too Krall dungeon-y.

There are a few longish battles in Nexus, so I believe I'll go ahead and use Wargate 1 for them. Since there are now lots of ambushes, it makes sense to have action music. Previously, the battles were just randomly placed, which didn't need action music.

Edit: Speaking of Aztec, I need some more opinions. One thing I could always do is switch the locations of Velora temple and Morose, and make the Aztec map lead to Velora Temple instead of Morose. The exit from Nagomi passage looks more like a crypt, anyway - and could easily lead to Morose. I could also add the Titan room and Pyramid room back into Velora Temple. Thoughts?

The new level sequence could look like this, in other words:

Spire Valley
Soledad
Aztec
Velora
Nagomi Passage
Morose
Nagomi Passage (dawn)
Foundry Tarydium Plant

This would also space out the crypt levels a bit better.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011, 10:44

lol? are those beta nalis in the pics up there? :p
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011, 11:03

TheIronKnuckle wrote:lol? are those beta nalis in the pics up there? :p

Yeah, why? Does nobody like those skins? I thought Nali could have different appearances, just like people. But if nobody likes the Beta Nali skins, then I'll change them to regular Nali. I just thought it was nice to have something other than the regular Nali skins for a change.
Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 01 Sep 2011, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011, 11:04

Never said I didn't like them. in fact I'm quite happy to see someone using them! :lol:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Previous Next