UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016, 13:53

Lightning Hunter wrote:The only thing I cannot guarantee is 100% coop compatibility with the maps. There might be some one-way rooms or areas where you can get stuck in if you die, but I'm not sure. I can't think of any such places off the top of my head, but I would not be surprised if people found them. Hopefully it will play just fine.

Eldora is at least one, once one player exit the starting room it closes down. No idea what the hell Nivlek was thinking to be honest it makes no sense (I mean the flooded area is not the same one).
Also yeah lol the swimming sections of that level just aren't made for coop at all.
ImageImage

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016, 22:00

UBerserker wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:The only thing I cannot guarantee is 100% coop compatibility with the maps. There might be some one-way rooms or areas where you can get stuck in if you die, but I'm not sure. I can't think of any such places off the top of my head, but I would not be surprised if people found them. Hopefully it will play just fine.

Eldora is at least one, once one player exit the starting room it closes down. No idea what the hell Nivlek was thinking to be honest it makes no sense (I mean the flooded area is not the same one).
Also yeah lol the swimming sections of that level just aren't made for coop at all.

Is there a mover I can simply set to go away in coop using filters? I did this in my Deja Vu map 03 with the big rock that falls in the tunnels (it is not there online in coop). That way, I do not have to rebuild the map, which I refuse to do at this point.

Edit: I think if I just filter out the first door that shuts behind the player, as well as the rising water mover - everything would play fine in coop (at least in Eldora). Of course, it won't make sense when players visit the same area that is suddenly full of water, but that cannot be avoided. It looks worse if the players are going up that first lift through a fake water mover. I'm not sure if there are any other sections that need to be tweaked.

Zyn, perhaps you and the other players can inform me of how the playthrough goes? Let me know of all the places you can get stuck, so I can filter out the offending movers. Hopefully there are no places you can get stuck that don't involve movers, because I really don't want to rebuild any maps or modify any geometry. By the way, do jump boots re-spawn in coop? If they don't, then there is a place you can get stuck in Nexus. There is a pit with no escape except by using jump boots. Of course, the players who are stuck could just suicide and re-spawn outside the pit.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016, 01:30

Just something I forgot when I played coop - the first area of Toxic should be blocked once you get the Toxin suit. If you fall down you'll be stuck forever until suicide. Not sure if I mentioned this beforehand.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016, 08:38

Eldora is fine as is. The only problem was that I missed (disabling) a trigger that locks players in with brutes, trapping players behind. I already did this at the spawn so that mover never activates. In the latest version that mistake is fixed plus I added scubagear near the well so players dont drown.

Never filter movers. This only disables their physics, not appearance. The difficulty filtered planks and engine debris in the crash site maps will always be visible to players but they will fall right through them. I've already fixed these to be always true since they're always visible. If needed, use a set of filtered triggers instead.

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016, 09:58

zYnthetic wrote:Eldora is fine as is. The only problem was that I missed (disabling) a trigger that locks players in with brutes, trapping players behind. I already did this at the spawn so that mover never activates. In the latest version that mistake is fixed plus I added scubagear near the well so players dont drown.

Never filter movers. This only disables their physics, not appearance. The difficulty filtered planks and engine debris in the crash site maps will always be visible to players but they will fall right through them. I've already fixed these to be always true since they're always visible. If needed, use a set of filtered triggers instead.

Yes, good point. I will just let you handle everything with your mutator, then.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016, 18:33

Here's a current list of changes including what's left to be done.
General
- Created a checkreplacement mutator to swap non-coop function UPak weapons with Unreal weapons.
- Disabled the use of UPak player pawns to prevent privilidge exploits in servers.
- Repalced all UPakTeleporters with Engine.Teleporter to prevent gametype changing.
- Changed all teleporter map URLs to standard address formats (filename#entry?peer) to force spawns at PlayerStarts and prevent gametype changing.
- Made loopback map (map to switch to after completing campaign) server configurable. Default: InterIntroRTNPUE

Map Specific

Briefing (InterIntroRTNPUE)
- Is now coop functional.
- Disabled text alerts.
- Creating scripting to play breifing dialog (random male/female) when translator is picked up and teleport players to next map when done.
- Replaced UPak scuba gear with searchlight (Upak skubagear is always active in coop, always breathing).
- Replaced dispersion pistol with automag. If CoopSuite:Spawn-at-Players is running, avoids giving players several free weapons in next map.

Edge of Na Pali (duskfalls)
- Replaced non-coop functional GameTypeTrigger that closes predator ambush room doors with Engine.Trigger.
- Placed triggered teleporter than sends players from outside the predator ambush room to inside the predator ambush room when the doors close.

The Eldora Well (eldora)
- Prevented gate that permanently closes at spawn from triggering.
- Created triggered teleporter that sends players from the dry sewer to the top of the lift when the water rises.
- Disabled trigger that permanently closes doors leading to well entry.
- Placed scuba gear at the well entry.

Approaching UMS Prometheus (crashsite)
- Changed Nali house doors to ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach.
- Unfiltered difficulty filtered chasm plank mover.

UMS Prometheus (crashsite1)
- Unfiltered difficulty filtered engine debris movers.

Inside UMS Prometheus (crashsite2)
- Placed triggered teleporter that sends players at bottom of bridge lift to the top of bridge lift after a player has taken the lift up.
- Fixed SpaceMarines so they can be damaged by players in a coop game that has friendly fire disabled.

Foundry Tarydium Plant (foundry)
- Placed a triggered teleporter that sends players from one side of the broken pipe to the other after it has broken.

Escape from Na Pali (nalic2)
- Replaced non-coop functional GameTypeTrigger that opens doors past dual Warlords with Engine.Trigger.
- Modified warlord boss to trigger when tower switch is activated.

todo:
Escape from Na Pali (nalic2)
- Modifiy scripting to lock Warlord tower until Warlord boss is killed.
- Modifiy doors to exit teleporter to not open until Warlord boss is killed.
- Place triggered teleporter that sends players outside the Warlord tower to inside the Warlord tower when the Warlord boss is activated.

As for running it, the current setup is pretty flexible. CoopSuite is a dependency but it doesn't require anything to be in the launch parameters, just serverpackages. The RTNPUE extension is several mutators in one package. Spacemarines and UPak playerpawn exploits are fixed via gametype, which is a derivative of OldSkool.CoopGame2. The checkreplacement mut is independent so admins can leave it out if they have a suitable mod that fixes RTNP weapons for coop. Then there's the main mutator that performs all the map modifications. Aside from some gametype options inherited from CoopSuite, there's not much ini configuration and what is there in default is suitable imo.

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016, 20:26

Wow, thank you for all the hard work Zyn! I would love to package this with the next version, which I am now calling RTNPUEv1.1. My only concern at this point is that I am planning to release two versions of RTNPUEv1.1: The HD version, and the non-HD version. I hope people with the HD version do not get a package mismatch error when joining a coop server hosting RNTPUE with the non-HD, or vise versa. I merged the high-res skins properly, so I really hope there are no mismatches. Would you be willing to test this once I have it ready?

Edit: If there are package mismatch errors, I can just release the HD edition only and scrap the "low-res" version. The main point behind this release was for the HD skins, after all.

Previous