Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013, 21:19

Galas peak I'd still love to see those ice skaarj. Next time I've got access to the editor I'll see if I can effectively swap some in. The only thing I'd be changing is the difficulty pawns appear on, and make it so that if any skaarj see any mercs they'll fight each other (I believe you just have to set their team-tag...?). The only way a merc/ice skaarj fight would happen is if you retreated and caused a skaarj to follow you into a room full of mercs. Otherwise everything would be as you left it.

I think it should be either all Skaarj, all Mercs, or staged fights between the two - like I did with the pirates vs. mercs. Otherwise, It looks like they are just roaming the peak oblivious of each others presence. :P If the Skaarj had control of the base, the Mercs would be raiding it rather than just standing around or patrolling. Some well staged fights might spruce things up.

I think the only mutator I was using was the one to get old weapon sounds back. (That's the only one I use for SP games)

Are you using Waffnuffly's V1 sounds mod? If so, then that is definitely the culprit. The mod reverts some things back to Unreal version 1 behavior, causing strange side effects. It causes some monsters to not pick up their weapons, as well as removes permanent decals in Old Skool (and probably RTNPUE). In order to get the old weapon sounds back in my own install without other side effects, I simply made a copy of botpack.u, modified it to have the old Unreal sounds, and created a batch file to swap them in and out accordingly. So if I'm playing UT multiplayer, I click on "V1 sounds uninstall.bat", and it replaces the V1 sounds botpack.u with the original.

Anyway, thanks for keeping me in the loop if you update anything. Let me know what you come up with if you do. :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Gameite2260
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014, 01:22

It's so cool that you made this! It seems to work perfectly so far.
Gameite; "Shit sounds like a fable to me", till he jumps out the fuckin toilet when you're takin a pee.

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 12:32

Awesome work Lightning, this looks incredibly good and professionally done. I will spend this weekend going through this. I look forward to it! And, just a massive thank you for creating this Na Pali "enhanced edition", it is really appreciated.

User avatar pl1982

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014, 19:20

Just finished RTNP: Ultimate edition. Very impressive! I must say, I really loved Nexus, it was an awesome map; it's a pity they left it out of the official release. I encountered a big bug in the velora cellars map however: right as the map starts...I could not proceed no route that I could find; I suspect the grate at the top was supposed to open, but it never did, so I just noclipped through it and finished the rest of the map without any problems. I did miss the voice overs though, but that is a minor gripe. Overall, an excellent pack and the extra restored maps are well worth it, even if you have already played through RTNP. Thank you Lightning; had a great time.

NaPaliShore

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014, 12:04

pl1982 wrote:Just finished RTNP: Ultimate edition. .... I encountered a big bug in the velora cellars map however: right as the map starts...I could not proceed no route that I could find; I suspect the grate at the top was supposed to open, but it never did, so I just noclipped through it and finished the rest of the map without any problems.

I think I know what you were supposed to do at the beginning of the Velora Cellars map...

[spoiler]If I'm not mistaken, you just swim to the adjacent room and shoot out the 4 electrical wiring panels (in the picture below, the one on the left has been shot out, and the one on the right is intact). That should open up a way to get out through the "roof" of the room you are in.

Image[/spoiler]

User avatar pl1982

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014, 16:20

@NaPaliShore: haha, you are right; yeah I clearly missed that. Probably spent like 20 minutes there wondering "what the hell am I missing". Guess I found out now. So no bug, just me having missed what I was supposed to do. Thanks for the feedback napalishore.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 21:46

So, bit of a dumb question I guess, but has anyone tried converting this for Unreal 1? and if not, would I be allowed to? Would love to run this for my RLCoop server.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014, 21:03

Had a chance to play it finally :). It's insanely coo, although I was a bit disappointed I couldn't just lunch it from OldSkool :(
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014, 22:57

I'm currently playing this for the second time and am enjoying myself a lot. I have just survived the three crypt maps. Of the three, I think Soledad outstays its welcome the most. After the endless stream of Krall Lords, the map by rights ought to finish, but you still have to survive a squashing trap, a stream of pupae in a confined space, an ambush by two Skaarj Lords and sundry other smaller fights, not to mention a load more aimless wandering. I think the fun factor temporarily went out of the window at around that point. I'm glad to have these maps to play now, but I'm still not sorry they were cut from the original game.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014, 00:37

Though, didn't RTNP:UE involve gameplay tweaks to make these maps more palatable? I wonder in what way the crypt maps were changed.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014, 00:49

Mostly general bug fixes for Soledad/Morose. Nexus required a lot of work because it was unfinished in its beta form (the lava pools were harmless, for example).

Soledad and Morose were great maps and flowed spectacularly, even in comparison to custom maps from last decade. Good ol' Cliff.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014, 03:56

Most of the work with the Crypt maps involved ambient sounds, lighting tweaks, bug fixes, texture alignment, and story additions. As Uberserker stated, Nexus took the most work. It was in a barely playable beta state before I fixed it up. The lighting, sounds, and story were almost non-existent. The game play consisted of a few Krall and Skaarj randomly placed throughout the map (there were no scripted sequences or ambushes). The beta map only consisted of architecture with full-bright lighting. The Lava Zones, doors, and skybox didn't even work at all. I had to guess where things might have been had the map been finished. The story of Nali imprisonment - including the torture areas - were all added.

The only major game play addition to Soledad was the Krall Lords. I personally look forward to that battle every time I play the map, but I understand why some people might not like it. To me, the map previously felt too void and empty of good, hard battles.

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016, 02:55

I may as well announce this now. I am going to release an "HD Edition" of RTNPUE after the HD Skins pack comes out this Friday. The HD Edition will likely be released in 3-4 weeks. Most of the pack will remain exactly the same, except with HD Skins for all custom & beta content, as well as a few surprise skins. However, one change I thought about making to the pack was with a few music tracks. In particular, there were at least 3 opinions on this thread that Newmca12 (Unreal#12) did not fit in Temple of Jrath (Morose). As such, I thought about possibly moving this track to Glathriel Village part 1, SpireLand, or Eldora Well (since all these maps use official tracks already heard in Unreal). I then considered using the beta track "SkyCity" in Jrath. This track actually has kind of a dark feeling, which people might find more fitting than Newmca12. However, I want to get quite a few opinions before making such a change. Any other suggestions/recommendations are welcome!
Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 02 Nov 2016, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

yrex

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016, 14:02

Well, SkyCity is, as the name suggests, for Sky City (the unleaked Eric Reuter's maps). So in my opinion it should be reserved for skycity themed maps (or the original maps if they ever leak).

Why not use "Moros (dark presence)" (Cyrene.umx)? It seems to be made particularly for this map. I once added it to the older 97 version of Moros(e) and it was fitting very well.

Then I would add Newmca12 to Nexus.

Either way, my opinion is that from the four candidates:
- Seti (as it was in the original beta),
- Newmca12 (was this in RTNP:UE? Can't remember),
- Cyrene (could be the original song), and
- SkyCity
the SkyCity is the least fitting song for this level.
e-mail: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016, 15:11

Newmca12 to Nexus.
ImageImage

Previous Next