Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:42

Or use the latest version from DieHard's UnrealTexture -- should look a lot better.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:45

Aside the fact that DH's textures weight a lot of MB, do those work in UT UED with SR/Direct 3D? They never did for me.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:52

Havn't played yet, but I uploaded it to my file site

http://www.4shared.com/u/zFPb2AET/UT-Unreal.html
Just ban everyone

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:53

You never use S3TC textures in editor, not even the Epic ones. End of story. The reason behind this is different actual size, which causes them to tile differently if the S3TC ones are placed instead of the regular ones on maps. Ingame, I haven't seen the bug depicted on Edge of Na Pali with DieHard's work -- which can happen with Epic's S3TC tex's due to certain textures having errors.

So, ingame, with OpenGL by Dohnal and S3TC activated, these textures should NOT show the bug depicted. Epic's... another story.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:58

Delacroix wrote:You never use S3TC textures in editor, not even the Epic ones. End of story. The reason behind this is different actual size, which causes them to tile differently if the S3TC ones are placed instead of the regular ones on maps. Ingame, I haven't seen the bug depicted on Edge of Na Pali with DieHard's work -- which can happen with Epic's S3TC tex's due to certain textures having errors.

So, ingame, with OpenGL by Dohnal and S3TC activated, these textures should NOT show the bug depicted. Epic's... another story.

What is odd, is I made plenty of DM maps only using the hi-res textures and they have worked offline, online, in the editor, never a problem, I don't get it.
People loged on from home server who had no textues installed, or other servers running my maps they played on.

they always worked no matter what, what exactly does go wrong ?

The only trouble I ever had was the black texture, and see sliding bots or frozen movement if ,me, the client, goes to servers with that stupid epic server pack.
Just ban everyone

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:59

DH's S3TC textures still don't allow the original ones to be used (unless he did it in a last update or something) if you turn the S3TC option off. If you open the editor with anything except OpenGL all the DH textures will look like white/black/lols and the editor will eventually crash. This doesn't happen with the Epic S3TC textures since both S3TC and original versions are placed into the same UTX files and you can modify them in the editor without problems.
ImageImage

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 23:02

Skating bug is caused by Epic's S3TC skin texture packages... restore non-S3TC ones for everything that has 'skins' in name.

RoccoRolo
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 23:53

Delacroix wrote:Or use the latest version from DieHard's UnrealTexture -- should look a lot better.

Any idea of a reliable place to find the latest "low end" S3TC textures from Diehard? I've been looking for a fair bit now, even using a well-known search engine which shall not be named, and I've come across a lot of dead links or lack of links, per these URL's

viewtopic.php?t=349
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1274112474
http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Dow ... xtures.htm

Get a 404 Not Found on the download links posted in those threads, and the uttexture.com page I refer to has no links showing whatsoever.

I also found this link:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=176064

... which links back to uttexture.com where there are downloadable links to what are referred to as "stock master" files which is a bit confusing -- when referring to "stock" I automatically think of the S3TC files that came on my original GOTY CD disk two. A nod in the right direction would be appreciated.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 23:57

ImageImage

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 23:58

Well. UTTexture is a bit tough to navigate. Bottom line is that you click Unreal Tournament, and then from the left: Projects, UTRProject, Textures, S3TCLowEnd and then either Master Files or Stock UT.

RoccoRolo
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 00:37

UBerserker wrote:http://www.uttexture.com/UT/Website/Downloads/Textures/LowEnd/MasterFiles/MasterFilesLowEnd.htm

Get 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Yeah, those are the "stock UT master" files I mentioned above. Thanks for confirming that they're the correct ones.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 06:32

Delacroix wrote:Skating bug is caused by Epic's S3TC skin texture packages... restore non-S3TC ones for everything that has 'skins' in name.

Right, but, every map DM or other ever made by me using ONLY hi res texture files with unrealEd from the second disk has NEVER failed.
So what is the problem ??????????????????????
Just ban everyone

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 10:34

redeye wrote:
Delacroix wrote:Skating bug is caused by Epic's S3TC skin texture packages... restore non-S3TC ones for everything that has 'skins' in name.

Right, but, every map DM or other ever made by me using ONLY hi res texture files with unrealEd from the second disk has NEVER failed.

I said it already

EPIC S3TC texture packages have both the S3TC and original textures.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 18:21

UBerserker wrote:
redeye wrote:

I said it already

EPIC S3TC texture packages have both the S3TC and original textures.

Ahh I see, says the blind man, so I don't need to worry using epics second disk textures while mapping.Took all these years to hear an answer to that. :tup:
Just ban everyone

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012, 05:35

And if you happen to see funny squares in the sky while using the S3TC textures, then these should work: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2209&hilit=s3tc+updates+for+unreal+tournament
It should fix the tiling clouds bug.

I'm not too sure if DieHard updated the masterfiles with these, but if not, then there they are.
Image Image

Previous Next