ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: [ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 08:06

THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED; PLEASE SEE THE NEW HD VERSION OF RTNP:UE HERE

Developer: Lightning Hunter

Synopsis: A polished conversion of RTNP for UT, with additional subplots that accompany 10 new levels.

Features:
Fully polished Return to Na Pali conversion for Unreal Tournament with all the great features of oldskool. It also contains the cut Unreal Beta maps in a finalized form, together with the RTNP adventure. Here is a full list of features:

-RTNP conversion to UT, without the pesky bugs that have come with previous RTNP conversions.
-The original 17 RTNP levels with bug fixes, texture alignments, game play enhancements, and more. Some maps have been given the treatment they should have received when the Expansion pack first came out!
-10 new levels, completely restored from Beta content of Unreal. This content was originally cut from the official game. It has been modified to fit right in with RTNP, including proper transitions between levels. All of it feels right at home in RTNP!
-Restored beta content has been completely revamped. This includes better lighting, enhanced game play, new stories, added RTNP content, texture alignments, technical revisions, and much more. None of it is in beta form any longer, but finalized.
-Restored music from the beta releases, which are used in the new maps and even some of the old maps.
-Implemented Oldskool features, including permanent carcasses, weapon decals, scoreboard with kill counts, and more.
-A great menu system created by Integration.
-More of a challenge when used with the 'Limbo Difficulty Mutator', which has been included with this conversion. This is recommended for veteran players who found the original RTNP to be too easy!

Important: Make sure to read 'RTNP - Ultimate Edition.txt' found within the ZIP file very carefully for installation and playing instructions!

THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED; PLEASE SEE THE NEW HD VERSION OF RTNP:UE HERE

Download Links:
Game Front
Media Fire
UnrealTexture.com
Strategy Informer
Moddb
Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 21 Jan 2017, 01:51, edited 12 times in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Subject: Re: [ut] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 08:17

Ok, so I've put more work into this project than I ever anticipated, so I felt it was time for an official announcement. If there are any coders that would be willing to put a tiny bit of work into this project, it would be a HUGE help. All of the main work is done, but there are some features I want to add that I cannot do with my limited knowledge of uscript. I image a seasoned coder could complete what I want in a day or so. Is anyone willing to help? This mod could be out in a month or so with a little help in that department.

For fun, here is the current map list:
0) Return to Na Pali linking story
1) Edge of Na Pali
2) Neve's Crossing
3) The Eldora Well
4) Glathriel Village (part 1)
5) Glathriel Village (part 2)
6) Arcane Temple
7) Approaching UMS Prometheus
8 ) UMS Prometheus
9) Inside UMS Prometheus
10) Entering Nexus
11) Nexus
12) Nexus End
13) Spire Valley
14) Soledad
15) Passage to Jrath (originally the outside area of Aztec.unr)
16) Temple of Jrath (Morose)
17) Nagomi Passage
18) Velora Temple (with most beta sections re-introduced)
19) Nagomi Passage (dawn)
20) Foundry Tarydium Plant
21) Bounds of Foundry
22) Merc Shipping Lane (Fhub6)
23) Cryox
24) Velora Cellars
25) Watcher of the Skies
26) Gala's Peak
27) Escape from Na Pali

Anyone who has followed the old thread in the projects section will notice there is a new map, "Entering Nexus". This map is a very short transition between Crash Site 2 and Nexus, and can be seen in the first screenshot in the post above. Basically, I took lots of miscellaneous unused content from various beta maps and created this map. Lots of the detail was added myself. I think it serves as a nice transitional map.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 12:01

Damn, am I glad it's not released yet, as I'm on the verge of catching a plane to the sun. This will give you an extra 3 weeks to polish up unfinished matters 8) .
Certainly looking forward (and very curious) to this, especially after a period of (gaming) abstention. :D

User avatar Jblade
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 23:18

Screenshots show you did a bang-up job improving the beta levels to polished, final standards. I hope you find your coder because I can barely wait for this :)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 23:30

I hope you've put disco lights in Cryox
ImageImage

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 01:31

Looking forward to this, looks great :o

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 02:33

UBerserker wrote:I hope you've put disco lights in Cryox

Yup, and a Mercenary dance hall - complete with dancing mercenaries. :P

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 05:49

I hate Cryox but I love Terraniux.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 08:59

With this and G59 everyone will like Cryox, as the level will use its true potential.
ImageImage

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 20:03

Cryox was unfinished but definitely is capable of becoming a very nice level. Can't wait to see how this project turns out :tup:
Image Image

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 22:46

The only thing I dislike about it was the loooong water tunnels.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 23:20

I assume, you will have the rechargeable scuba gear?

Anyway, I never liked Cryox and I never will.

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 23:45

Those shots look great, especially first one of Nexus.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011, 10:58

Marine ScubaGear is always here. That fixes 100% of the Cryox problems once you added signs. I did the same things with my exu2 conversion.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 07:20

I need some opinions on how this mod should be installed. Since it uses a new console system, I was trying to think of the most user-friendly way of having this done. Currently, there are three options as far as I know. If anyone can think of a different way, let me know.

Option 1: The player has to modify UnrealTournament.ini, and change the line "Console=UTMenu.UTConsole" to "Console=UPak.UPakConsole". The player also has to choose a Upak player in the player setup menu.

Option 2: A batch file is included with the mod that changes UnrealTournament.ini with a pre-configured UnrealTournament.ini and User.ini file. This batch file automatically changes the player to a Upak player, and the console to Upak Console. The only downside is the player has to run the batch file each time he/she wants to play RTNP.

Option 3: This is my favorite option so far, and makes the most sense. With this option, RTNP uses it's own sub-folders within the UT folder, with it's own config files. This means you launch a separate app file to play the mod, similar to Spatial Fear. I have never tried this before, and am unsure how to accomplish this. Would this require a simple batch file that runs UnrealTournament with a different game folder, or would this require a new .exe file?

Now, I'm sure there is a way to run this mod without all this stuff, but this would require coding. I would have no clue where to begin. Once again, a coder would be VERY handy for stuff like this, but nobody has responded yet...

Next