Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Unreal 97: (Almost) Identical Remakes

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Master_Unreal
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Unreal 97: (Almost) Identical Remakes

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 04:16

The original Skaarj '97

Check the Unreal Archives on Hyper's site, then go to the Unreal Tech page to see that green skaarj,
it's been included here too.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 13:37

Holy crap, that was interesting. Dragon doesn't seem to like to move around and stalk you as viciously as you would expect (like the warlord), but it was an interesting thing to see. Great work so far!
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 02:25

Awesomesauce.

As for the dragons being removed before final release...Unreal was originally going to be like a wizard and magic kinda game...which I think dragons would then fit in :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011, 10:32

They were supposed to be Skaarj creatures before being removed.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011, 05:30

wheres that pic of that huge dragon? that was like...actually a dragon dragon...it was red with a white under-belly...anyone got that pic floating around still and willing to post it here? where is that model dragon? i want :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011, 14:05

Working on that now, but damn its hard to retain that old '95 look with paint.net

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 05:29

Tried my best with photoshop, here's a first version

its somewhat evident that its a re-color, i tried (for about 6+ hours) to get that 95 vibe incorporated into it but its not quite exact, still, the fact that it's here should mean something

I'm positive there is someone out there more photoshop experienced than I am, if anybody would like to give some tips or ideas for me to improve on this, any ideas will be considered

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 11:48

Reference please: Texture you've started with, texture you've ended up with and a reference picture where are you going to. Then I can try helping you somehow. (You can PM me)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 14:12

dude, this is awesome! How many more alpha + beta things are you going to be pulling out? Would you be able to get that original player model from ages and ages ago?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 14:19

Does this stuff work for both U1 and UT?
ImageImage

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 14:54

TheIronKnuckle wrote:dude, this is awesome! How many more alpha + beta things are you going to be pulling out? Would you be able to get that original player model from ages and ages ago?

Hehe, everyone will see soon enough :D And yes I planned on doing that model next

I just tried it in UT and it does not work yet, I will definitely make a separate version later on

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 16:20

I'm not sure how to contact him, but Daewon from BU/OU made the textures for his Dragon model himself. His skins were pretty good, considering that he didn't have very many screenshots to use as references.

If you post these updates on BU/OU, somebody might be able to help. I would probably think those shots were from the alpha if I didn't know they were remakes. :tup:

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 21:05

Qtit gave me some tips on how to improve the dragon skin, i only did the arm and a bit of the head so far, on top of that.....

Original

Remade

The betamag skin was recolored a bit to look like the one in the old alpha shots

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011, 12:37

Liking what you've done already MU!

A quick note on the HUD, I think the number 1 should be moved a little to the left and maybe made a bit bigger?

Also, you might want to look at the U1 translocator hand texture...I'm pretty sure it's the same as the one in that picture, except with an orange colour to it rather than the black one seen in the alpha shot there. I'd try it myself but I'm at uni at the moment.

Also, as for Daewon and his Dragon, I still have OldPawn.u floating about somewhere. I can ask him if I can release it (In its uncoded form) if you want.

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011, 14:15

@Gizzy: Changed the 1 and I did take a look at the translocator hand, its pretty similar so I'll use that as a base for any hand skins that will be done

I'm really gonna need some feedback and ideas, anything that helps the outcome for what I'm about to do next, since I'm really left in the dark as I only have 1 image to go from

This is a bit of the head that I got done for the Gargoyle, i still have to add the bit with the teeth and on top of that, do a skin almost from scratch for it

Previous Next