Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011, 18:11

One of the best 2 hours of my life...

I don't even know what to say...this was brilliant, awesome, and hilarious...quite entertaining and worth it haha...

love that you used Cybernetika - Hydrophonics \o/ That whole scene in general was great and one of my fav's. Bah...all of it was my fav! :D

Right...shutting up now... :P :rolleyes:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011, 13:32

Just out of interest [spoiler]did E'Chee Khun'T manage to kill a battlebeast in anyone's playthrough?[/spoiler] :P

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011, 14:01

Frieza wrote:Just out of interest [spoiler]did E'Chee Khun'T manage to kill a battlebeast in anyone's playthrough?[/spoiler] :P

[spoiler]While I was doing final testing, he and the Gasbag Battlebeast killed each other at the same time (It seemed like E'Chee did crazy damage), but the sequence went on just fine despite the warning at the start[/spoiler]
Formerly Mman

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 06:39

Story was pretty funny, The battle arena was awesome and the train too. Loved the temple area, it was a really fun play

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011, 17:55

[spoiler]Did someone say E'Chee? :D[/spoiler]

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011, 18:31

WHy don't you play it and find out ;)

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 13:42

I'm sorry I disappeared before the project was finished and didn't get to polish my part or do a second part, I'm glad my part got finished off past the very hacky setup I had though. Life got a little busy and I also had trouble with the net for a while. Just finished a playthrough of the final version, and it was great that everyone else managed to finish it. Things look like they're getting steady again now, so hopefully I can do more if there's ever a part 2. :wink:

Turboman wrote:[spoiler]Originally i had the warlord being nearly invulnerable+beefed up stats to make the fight impossible to win, i should have kept it like that, serves you right for stealin mah beer and not apologizing![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I didn't realise something was meant to happen. I took the beer and walked out with no issue.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 13:46

[spoiler]The Warlord didn't attack me when I got the beer. I did it very slowly, and waited a while before going back to the Warlord.[/spoiler]
ImageImage

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 15:13

[spoiler]You can get away with stealing one beer, however.. if you steal two beers he'll attack :o[/spoiler]

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 07:52

Finally played this, it got better and better. At first it was like "nice, showing off 227 features. decent build. RCR. nothing overly special but a nice walk". But towards the end it was like "holy shit this is so epic and lulworthy and awesome". That scene where all the characters turn up at the same time and try to get at the chalice was hilarious (the bit right after the pokemon part).

Frieza wrote:Just out of interest [spoiler]did E'Chee Khun'T manage to kill a battlebeast in anyone's playthrough?[/spoiler] :P

I played twice to see what would happen if I lost. I saved the titan till last and echee blew him away in one go. I lol'd.

Currently have unreal in a window off to the side and waiting for the "hilarious" messages to start again.

just got told, "isn't this music wonderful". I can't hear any. Is that a bug? I couldn't hear any during the credit flyby too, which seemed kind of odd. That stage show at the end was classic

also, when i saved and reloaded to do the battlebeast segment again, the cybernetika track didn't play. bug

edit: checked in editor. Apparently music was supposed to play during the credits. it didn't for me.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 12:12

Hrmm, yes, the music is kinda needed for full comedy effect, since the joke is pretty much about having to sit through 10 minutes of probably the worst type of elevator music you can imagine :/

I don't know, that's the first I heard of it. I'm runnin Galaxy and it works fine for me?

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 13:32

The Mediafire link for the pack is dead.

And I enjoyed the elevator music, dammit! :x Sadly game time stops when you alt-tab away even though the music keeps running, so I couldn't bother to check for the SUPER SECRET at the end. D:
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 13:43

Those Mediafire links die quickly then, the link on EBD's website should keep working though

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 01:25

Just tried on FMOD, Galaxy and openal. None of them worked :S (Galaxy worst of all. The music didn't even play during the stageshow)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 01:45

What happens if you start fresh from map 3, still no sound? I remember during playtesting that some sounds/music would invariably stop playing when the maps were played in succession, and not when they were played seperately (the cause of this I still dont know)

Previous Next