Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 05:06

"Use botmatch and select singleplayer "

Is precisely why it didn't work right, cuz that is what I did.

If they can't get the code or use the code (Ugold) why not just make in add-on for 227 for Ugold to select a "new" game.
Problem solved.
Just ban everyone

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 20:49

redeye wrote:"Use botmatch and select singleplayer "

Is precisely why it didn't work right, cuz that is what I did.

If they can't get the code or use the code (Ugold) why not just make in add-on for 227 for Ugold to select a "new" game.
Problem solved.

Notice that I said "singleplayer or coop". Keep in mind coop gametype is effectively singleplayer when in NM_Standalone on default settings.

Notice that this image shows single player maps, stock, packs, and custom. {This should show all maps}

Is reading really that hard? Problem solved.

Note that maps that use custom gametypes will not like this. But you can use that to find the map name and use the open command at that point. (This also applies to UT, using botmatch in general forces a gametype.)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 21:24

By this point I think it is more important to understand the whys of that save bug that plagues weedrow 1 and 2.

How much badly coded is the Unreal/UT Save system anyway
ImageImage

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 21:59

UBerserker wrote:By this point I think it is more important to understand the whys of that save bug that plagues weedrow 1 and 2.

How much badly coded is the Unreal/UT Save system anyway

I actually am going to investigate that, I'm curious myself honestly. The only things that I know of that can stop a property/actor from saving is the "transient" flag

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 22:30

UBerserker wrote:By this point I think it is more important to understand the whys of that save bug that plagues weedrow 1 and 2.
This is literally the only time I've heard of save issues with Weedrow 1 and the only observed save issues with Weedrow 2 occurred when the map was modified between game saves. If anyone knows anything about save issues in Weedrow 2 I'd appreciate if you shared so I can at least make sure it isn't related to the firetrucks code base.

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 23:53

I have no issues with Weedrow 1 on the first level, except for loading my save throws the flare {probably a State bug, not a weedrow bug}

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012, 02:37

Ahh, ok I will look through the menus again , not for this last issue but so I can see the maps, and or play, thanks.

Are you sure that menu is correct ?, is it GOLD can you prove it !!! :twisted: :P
Just ban everyone

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 09:59

Hmm.. Ive been replaying this in 227i and Battlebeasts seem to be broken for some reason, even in normal difficulty. Any idea what AI changes could be responsible for that? (Right now the moment I open the door from one of my battlebeasts they immediately turn to eachother and have a staring competition of some sort (not attacking)

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013, 22:14

Working link for it?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013, 21:52

WeedrowVol1.rar - Dropbox
WeedrowVol1.rar - KlanKAOS

Enjoy.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013, 11:46

Thanks, I will.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Semfry

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 01:47

With the upcoming release of Weedrow episode 2 I've decided to take measures to make this set playable on the newest 227 without cheating again. The current solution is pretty much the bare minimum effort (the Battlebeast part is skipped with some minor dialogue changes), but it works and, beyond the text, I only had to change some trigger names so it's easy to revert in the future in the worst case that the old version gets lost at all.

Here's the link to "version 1.1", I guess it still needs checking that it's downloadable and works for others (and after that it can hopefully go on other download sites):
Edit: Removed due to fix.

Edit: Of course if you're on an older version of 227 or don't mind going back then the original version is the recommended one.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 13:13

Heresy I say!

User avatar Semfry

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016, 20:05

Thanks to Frieza the Battlebeast part has now been tweaked to work in the newest versions of Unreal 227 (and hopefully future ones). It might be slightly more shaky but there's already a warning to save at the start so it doesn't matter much.

So here's 1.2:
(edit: Superseded by new version)
Formerly Mman

Ironword
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017, 11:33

Battlebeasts is still undoable for me in 227i even with 1.2. The game runs, but most of the time the two green-wire fighters either lock up OR fight each other hand-to-hand only, and when they do that they never do any damage unless its my titan--he seems to be able to do damage with his hands no matter what. But once the titan starts inflicting hand damage, the opponent begins using ranged attacks. What it works out to is that in every fight where damage is inflicted, ranged attacks are used. In every case where no damage is inflicted--and this is the majority--no ranged attacks are used.

And then after some successful combats (eg Blob's brute vs. my Skaarj), the Battlebeast routine fails to reset itself. The fallen fighter just lays there, the victor just stands there or keeps walking in place, and the game stays in limbo. The upshot of all this is that Battlebeast Arena still doesn't work. Of course I saved my game before starting, but I've been at it for almost an hour cuz I'd really like to get through it--I love the concept--but I'm outta time and am going to have to figure out how to cheat my way past the bug somehow.

Hate to sound like I'm complaining. The rest of the pak has been fabulous. Love the approach. Lots of funny moments, though my personal fave was the Windows Sewer Version GPF. Spot effin' on.

EDIT: OK, figured out the problem. After the first round, fights were no longer getting formally triggered. when I ghosted into the arena, rematerialized with "walk" and then started running around, the clock would start and the announcer would do the countdown, and then hand-to-hand combat would cause damage just like missile combat; everything would work. The problem seems to be that the countdown wasn't being triggered past the first round unless missile weapons were being used. For some reason, my presence down in the arena made the countdown start the way it's supposed to.

Previous Next