Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: [U227] [RELEASED] The Chronicles of Weedrow Vol. 1

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 02:44

yeah that's what i've been doing to test. As awesome as this was I don't want to play through the whole thing over and over just to verify a bug :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 03:44

Yeha but I mean, youre not loading the third map from a savegame? :o

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 13:05

nope. Running through the console. start/open cow-03-xxxx (sleepy, can't remember the actual filename + command :P)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012, 13:36

Really enjoyed this pack, but I think I found a slight BSP issue, but I can't remember what map now..:(

[spoiler]Is the part on the right supposed to be different from the rest?

[/spoiler]

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012, 00:31

Im guessing no :o

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012, 11:03

This is more or less how it was intended to look:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012, 07:42

Not sure how to start this, or it don't work or I don't know how to pick the map in ugold.
It's pretty cool, but if I save a game it starts me out at the very beginning and the rock is already slid over but the doors are not open.I died once and got to where I was and could still see me standing there not moving.I got to be starting the game wrong.

see, I can't find a place to refresh the map list in ugold, and I have to pick multi player of which it says single-player,unlike UT I can start a "new" SP game.
(wish 227 was for UT)

So, I resorted to having to use ghost mode then go through the teleporter from the blob guy, and I save the game but it won't work.

Nice work, it could be a little more serious for all the work that went into it, but is still good. !

So far it reminds me of a perverted (in a good way) mix between Duece X and Unreal, and is not such a bad story line it keeps me playing.

but having to ghost to the area and have to use the last teleporter then save my game , I can't believe you would set it up like that.

Using UGold 227 I am at the part , just got the jump boots.

And even in UT it's a pain trying to find that damn refresh button in the menus, in Ugold (or old unreal) all I see for "new game" is Unreal or RTNP so I see no way to start the game properly via the menus.
I mean why the fuck MUST 227 not make the same improvements as when they did UT for the menus..They insist on making better things for old Unreal, well then make it better than UT436. !!!!!!! just causing confusion.

For example, put a map refresh selection, I can put this stuff in 227, but the menu is so antiquated, and less maneuverable than UT's menu that could also use some improvement.

Like this, click on FILE top corner, slide down to Refresh maps, then click FILE again hit new game, and bingo it shows up in new game menu, and done.Now that would be better than UT.
Last edited by redeye on 30 Sep 2012, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012, 12:40

redeye, your posts are starting to infuriate me. UT99 does not even have any in-built singleplayer game support, which is added by the unofficial Oldskool mod. Meanwhile, Unreal 227's menu is based on Unreal Gold's original, official implementation of a single-player environment under the UMenu system. Instead of whining and bitching about how UT99 does everything better (when the feature you so praise is implemented by a MOD) and why 227 isn't for UT (which is due to the fact the 227 team has the U1 SOURCE CODE, not the UT99 code) you could, at least once, take a second to THINK before posting so that you can check your facts and stumble upon ideas such as politely asking or requesting improvements/changes/new features rather than complaining and whining whining whining. Jesus.

But it's interesting that somebody has that save bug even in the original Weedrow... we are currently experiencing that problem in Weedrow 2 development. I wonder what causes this?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Semfry

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012, 14:08

Since the save issue has happened in two maps with similar design (extremely high actor/scripting density) maybe it should be brought up with the 227 developers as a potential issue to look at?
Formerly Mman

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012, 18:43

Well if it works, it works, and maybe needs a little whining.If it is so impossible then how did the oldskool MOD pull things off to MAKE it work. !

It just seems too me that I am starting the game wrong, I have no idea if it's has bugs or not.The only reason I settled on Ugold is because they improved the menu and while still being able to run 227.

Regardless, can someone tell me how to start games that are not stock in Ugold, the proper things too pick.Do I run it by just clicking the file? must i pick it under multi-player as I don't see any other way.I thought for sure that I would just see a "new" game under start new game, I thought that was those .int files that makes that show up.Or some kind of refresh button, or command or something.
Just ban everyone

User avatar ebd

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012, 20:10

redeye wrote:Regardless, can someone tell me how to start games that are not stock in Ugold, the proper things too pick.Do I run it by just clicking the file? must i pick it under multi-player as I don't see any other way.
Open the console and type "open cow-01-ahib"

Alternatively, start unreal from the command line with "unreal cow-01-ahib"
sana wrote:But it's interesting that somebody has that save bug even in the original Weedrow... we are currently experiencing that problem in Weedrow 2 development. I wonder what causes this?
I've only ever been able to reproduce the save issues in Weedrow2 when running the map from the editor (autoplay.unr) as opposed to running it normally. I suspected that if the level was modified after the saved game was made it would cause problems. I could be wrong though.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012, 03:15

Didn't someone make a select window for SP maps for UGold that functioned similarly to Oldskools? I could've sworn...

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012, 05:02

Couldn't the 227 botpack mod be used to make Oldskool run like it normally does, assuming it's compatible?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012, 08:19

I knew it, by using the command line method in the console, the game saves and reloads now.I never use "typing" if a game has an interface, and always go through the interface, unless it's for DOS.
Just ban everyone

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 04:02

AlCapowned wrote:Couldn't the 227 botpack mod be used to make Oldskool run like it normally does, assuming it's compatible?

Damn near everything has to be recompiled from source and slightly modified most times. The main issue however is that there's no LocalMessage class in unreal, which makes conversion a pain in the ass.

tl;dr possible, but why even bother with olskool when you can just remove it? olskool is meant to make UT like unreal, unreal shouldn't have to be made like olskool.

Mister_Prophet wrote:Didn't someone make a select window for SP maps for UGold that functioned similarly to Oldskools? I could've sworn...

Use botmatch and select singleplayer or coop gametype

Previous Next