ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Open promotion for projects/services on UnrealSP Vault

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Open promotion for projects/services on UnrealSP Vault

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2008, 06:59

The Vault is on the verge of returning.
There's several things I want to try to engage visitors more and encourage growth in the community. Yes, ads are now going to be run on the site. They will appear near the bottom of every page, below the content and above the header. As a visitor I can understand what an eyesore a banner advertising Virtual Girlfriends can be on a site that's purpose is to host singleplayer content. For this reason you won't find any such ads. Every banner in rotation is going to be promoting new singleplayer/coop content or services offered from the community. Right now I'm looking for teams, devs, or admins that want to participate in a new ad system. All I'm asking for is a 468x60 jpg/gif and a url to link it to. Be it a site, moddb, download link, or forum post; whichever leads to the best description of your offering. The only requirement is that it must be strictly related to singleplayer. Maps/TCs are fairly straightforward. Mutators and mods can be somewhat ambiguous. The requirement here is that mut/mods must be designed to enhance the singleplayer/coop experience. A weapon mod or player model is often hard to classify it as a singleplayer enhancement as it can be used in any other gametype as well. Coop servers are open to this invite as well granted they are public and dedicated.
This is a fairly long winded post but if you're interested in some free promotion get working on that banner. If anyone has any objections about showing banners for singleplayer mods and related content/services on a site that hosts singleplayer maps I'd also like to hear it.
Last edited by zYnthetic on 22 Mar 2008, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2008, 10:01

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2008, 20:01

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 19:17

http://www.moddb.com/mods/9974/unrealto ... nsion-pack - ohh.. but it's also aiming on coop/mp, does that doom it anyway?

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008, 22:29

I wouldn't mind adding any sp/coop projects that use it.

User avatar Lone Wolf
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008, 20:09

Shadow wrote:http://www.moddb.com/mods/9974/unrealtournament-extension-pack - ohh.. but it's also aiming on coop/mp, does that doom it anyway?

:tup: I like your avatar :tup: Kosh and B5 rocks.

LW
My little corner of the net
www.lone-wolfs-den.com Stop by the farm and see what we are up to.
www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 19:32

Unsticky, Offer will stand. Should have something soon.

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 21:40

Lone Wolf wrote:
Shadow wrote:http://www.moddb.com/mods/9974/unrealtournament-extension-pack - ohh.. but it's also aiming on coop/mp, does that doom it anyway?

:tup: I like your avatar :tup: Kosh and B5 rocks.

LW

yeah, I love B5