Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Work in Progress - The WIP Thread

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Subject: Re: Work in Progress - The WIP Thread

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 22:46

Sat42 wrote:That's cool! Actually I know that one day (not right now, too busy!) I'd be interested in learning about animating models and such, so out of curiosity - which programme do you use? Is it skeletal or vertex-based?

Blender is the tool I use for modelling, and the model is skeletal based rather than vertex based because it could lead to other possibilities in the (near?) future.

I'd say give it ago, as Blender is free. There are some simple character animation (that includes rigging a character to a skeleton) tutorials that explain how to set up the process. All of the stock Unreal models packed into the games files are without any skeletons/animation sets though, unless you do something to attach every frame independently to the skeleton to make sure the original animations remain 100% accurate (where i think you could be better off redoing all of the characters animations yourself). So you will also, need to create another skeletal structure for that character in an appropriate fashion.

But yeah, go for it when you get the time available, also do a search for the 12 principals of animation. Hopefully this helps. :tup:
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016, 16:47

Kajgue wrote:
Sat42 wrote:That's cool! Actually I know that one day (not right now, too busy!) I'd be interested in learning about animating models and such, so out of curiosity - which programme do you use? Is it skeletal or vertex-based?

Blender is the tool I use for modelling, and the model is skeletal based rather than vertex based because it could lead to other possibilities in the (near?) future.

I'd say give it ago, as Blender is free. There are some simple character animation (that includes rigging a character to a skeleton) tutorials that explain how to set up the process. All of the stock Unreal models packed into the games files are without any skeletons/animation sets though, unless you do something to attach every frame independently to the skeleton to make sure the original animations remain 100% accurate (where i think you could be better off redoing all of the characters animations yourself). So you will also, need to create another skeletal structure for that character in an appropriate fashion.

But yeah, go for it when you get the time available, also do a search for the 12 principals of animation. Hopefully this helps. :tup:

Thank you for the detailed reply, Kajgue! I will definitely be looking into Blender, the tutorials and the 12 principles of animation etc. :) looking forward to it! Cheers :tup:
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016, 17:57

ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017, 23:19

Played around with a simple custom skin today.

ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Kajgue

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017, 01:46

Grass, alot of it.

N-Team leader

tzaero
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017, 06:12

I guess I'd show some solidarity from the DX community with you fellas the Unreal-Community.
Will probably ask for some Unreal editing tips when I resume this project in a weeks time.
Mostly just experimentation over the last few months in my spare time with styles and textures.

Also have there been any SP packs released that featured more human sized architecture? Project Xenome was one I stumbled across.

User avatar Kajgue

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017, 21:41

tzaero wrote:I guess I'd show some solidarity from the DX community with you fellas the Unreal-Community.
Will probably ask for some Unreal editing tips when I resume this project in a weeks time.
Mostly just experimentation over the last few months in my spare time with styles and textures.

Also have there been any SP packs released that featured more human sized architecture? Project Xenome was one I stumbled across.

Heya,

Cool, I have to admit though I've never played the first Deus Ex (I plan to eventually) though there are alot of things I like about Human Revolution.

Can't actually think of any mappack offhand with decent human architecture ... but I'm pretty sure there are one or two and I just can't remember them.

Otherwise, I planned on showing this here at some point.

This is some stuff i've been up to lately, it would constitute as a human environment, though the environment and all relevant assets themselves are not in a 100% finished state.
N-Team leader

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017, 10:40

To continue the theme of human themed maps here's a random something:
Textures are my own - awesome chair deco is courtesy of ebd (trashbag.u).

SZ

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 00:04

DM-CMC-Letitia

User avatar Kajgue

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017, 03:17

@Watcher of the skies, looks like a Greek holiday resort :P

And blarf >

N-Team leader

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017, 14:17

You've got a handsome Skaarj there!

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017, 08:51

Ever wanted a high-res Ninja Skaarj Warrior? I thought so... They will be making an appearance in my rework of Redeem Your Space. Project thread coming in the next few weeks. It will probably take me another few months to complete the project.

Video:
https://youtu.be/-9XdTPxL-K4

Pic:

And just for kicks and giggles, a diseased Trooper:

For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017, 13:50

WIP screenshot of DM-Carbonium

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017, 21:02

Seeing Na Pali from a very different perspective:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest