Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Work in Progress - The WIP Thread

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Work in Progress - The WIP Thread

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016, 20:51

We're back to this EXU2-G59 EFNP remake, front entrance

The castle has been "expanded" so to say. Now you can explore various inner locations (basically forcing in my view of how NaliC maps should have been)
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016, 09:43

What's the fun in taking stuff just lying around when you can kill things and take theirs?

Loot tables + weighted rarity + weighted rerolls + RNG.
The harder something is, the chance that will will drop something increases, as does the number of things it could drop, and the value. Some things will never drop certain items, some always will. If the will of our Lord and Saviour, RNGesus bestows gifts on you, be thankful.

Some minor bugs with flag indicators not showing on a couple items. Plus I don't like the way the look right now. Also, replication isn't working at all for them. Built as a way to feed starving coop players and going into CoopSuite but I'll probably make a standalone version too so that it can be used without dependencies referenced by other classes.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016, 19:37

LOL, this is like a way funnier version of the old Pinata mutator. The movement of the items being smoothed out makes it so much more satisfying.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016, 20:43

This is going the be the final version. I actually used Pinata as a starting point and added loot tables and an RNG system that controls what tables to use and how many rolls to make in each based on defined weights per enemy. There also exists a 1:1000 chance for any enemy to produce a "Super Drop" and 1:10000 chance of a "Super Duper Drop", which you see several at the end. The physics code is actually the same but I increased the force some. Replication is currently an issue with the flags due to the way the engine culls (destroys, replaces with a reference) actors for clients.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 02:26

42000 nodes

Pic from other thread

I really hope saving/loading in this map will work perfectly. There was an issue that the map would crash by saving it in the editor if I did put more than a certain amount of teleporter actors. Perhaps I did just hit 1116 navigation point actors of any type or something?
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016, 11:14

Cross-posting new G59 shots there.

I'm truly super nervous of the last map but I'm sure I get used to more complicated/weird architecture and be done with it.
Last edited by UB_ on 17 Sep 2016, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 17:37

The carpet texture on the wall seems odd to say the least. The outside screenshot is beautiful though.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 19:48

Awesome screenies, UB!

I didn't look at the pics too hard as I intend to savour this the right way when it's ready :D
However, to bring another opinion on the "carpet texture" on the wall: I thought it looked good, very suitable even, it should be noted that a lot of real, medieval/Renaissance castles do that kind of thing (in Europe anyway), sometimes displaying an elaborate painting of some scene but also with abstract motifs (sometimes used like wallpaper).

The last screenshot (with that dark, cool, techy/other-worldly feel) is particularly intriguing...
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016, 15:15

Sat42 wrote:Awesome screenies, UB!

However, to bring another opinion on the "carpet texture" on the wall: I thought it looked good, very suitable even, it should be noted that a lot of real, medieval/Renaissance castles do that kind of thing (in Europe anyway), sometimes displaying an elaborate painting of some scene but also with abstract motifs (sometimes used like wallpaper).

Maybe, but here the texture isn't framed, and it's even abruptly cut off. Just seems well out of place, but maybe that's on purpose. I'm sure someone who has reviewed as many maps as UB would recognize that. Not really a fan of the 45 deg angle floor texture by the light either, but it's passable.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016, 20:47

I changed the two textures now, I guess these should work. Also updated the third screenshot.

Finished this today. Still a long way to go for this area and I need to optimize it as much as possible.

Making this just makes me want so much to get a better PC and starting playing around with UE4.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016, 13:43

That last screenshot is great, I love the feel of that area.
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016, 18:59

Archi done. Sounds and gameplay left and then it's time for the interior.

I wonder... does U227 has any sort of texture shading? Like U2 does with certain Drakk textures - using unlit panned textures.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016, 23:37

You made all of that from scratch? Seriously impressive work, and a huge improvement over older stuff!

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 03:32

Been experimenting.

Animation is a WIP.
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 22:36

Kajgue wrote:Image

Been experimenting.

Animation is a WIP.

That's cool! Actually I know that one day (not right now, too busy!) I'd be interested in learning about animating models and such, so out of curiosity - which programme do you use? Is it skeletal or vertex-based?

Previous Next