Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[u1] Wasteland House ][

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: [u1] Wasteland House ][

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 05:05

I fancy the idea of a basement. Kind of like the last fallback place. I've always wanted to see the "Rec Room" from Tremors realized in an Unreal level :)

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 05:14

The basement is where all operations is housed, it's also the only location to access the said scripted texture radar.

Teamwork is achieved by someone monitoring the radar and reporting to others where the enemies are located and how many of them there are.

Though like I said the radar can be destroyed by a well placed explosive and if it goes out, the monitor will explode spectacularly and either totally kill or severely injure the person(s) monitoring it.
“I am the dragon without a name...”

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 11:45

Draco Nihil wrote:Though like I said the radar can be destroyed by a well placed explosive and if it goes out, the monitor will explode spectacularly and either totally kill or severely injure the person(s) monitoring it.

Sounds like a pretty bullshit mechanic unless there is some warning, to be honest. You could make a short window (like 2 seconds or so) where the monitor starts throwing electric sparks etc. before detonating, so that there is SOME chance to react.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 13:22

sana wrote:
Draco Nihil wrote:Though like I said the radar can be destroyed by a well placed explosive and if it goes out, the monitor will explode spectacularly and either totally kill or severely injure the person(s) monitoring it.

Sounds like a pretty bullshit mechanic unless there is some warning, to be honest. You could make a short window (like 2 seconds or so) where the monitor starts throwing electric sparks etc. before detonating, so that there is SOME chance to react.

Exactly my thoughts :tup:

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 15:41

Make the radar repairable.

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 15:59

sana wrote:Sounds like a pretty bullshit mechanic unless there is some warning, to be honest. You could make a short window (like 2 seconds or so) where the monitor starts throwing electric sparks etc. before detonating, so that there is SOME chance to react.
Oh there is a warning, yellow dots denote projectiles. If one is at at trajectory moving towards the radar, a alarm will go off. The center of the radar is the center of the array itself as well, NOT the center of the playing field. A alarm will also go off if terrorists enter the building.

Z-enzyme wrote:Make the radar repairable.
It can be repaired with a repair tool item but doing so during a wave is not recommended.
“I am the dragon without a name...”

Previous