Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Unreal: Prisoner of Na Pali

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: Unreal: Prisoner of Na Pali

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 16:32

I haven't noticed this yet :tup:
Concept art by Vortex Convict :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 19:52

Unrealstein 3D?
StalwartUK

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 20:31

More like Doomreal :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

VortexConvict
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014, 03:27

Frieza wrote:That Brute looks so happy

His happiness is attributed to the fact that he's been in the dark dungeon too long. Just activate a flashlight or a flare on his face, and he'll be shouting like McBain in a river of acid. "The goggles! They do nothing!"

StalwartUK wrote:Unrealstein 3D?

Glad you noticed. I did use the Wolfenstein 3D title screen for inspiration, because I was imagining the beginning dungeon levels to be kind of Wolf-like. The environment itself is inspired by one of the first alpha screenshots done for Unreal.

I imagined this level in particular to convey a combined Elder Scrolls: Arena and Quake dungeon feel to it. The albino Brute is a weaker version of the regular Brute, and I imagine him patrolling the dungeons on scheduled intervals. I've tried doing a map blueprint to see how the layout of the dungeon would work: a simple design, but with multiple paths, hidden cave routes, ledges on the ceilings, and sneaky Nali prisoners who might help you find some nifty weapons and items.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 11:05

There is two version of this project, running paralelly.

a,Unreal
b,Unreal Alpha

News

Albino brute testmap for Unreal:
-The map is for testing purposes
-Try get the brute's attention, then sneak away (far enough)
->They won't see you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iksucgkm2l186jr/testmap3.unr

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 12:30

Good to see you making a come back with an earlier announced project, makemeunreal! I'll see if I can test the map with the albino brute, and report back ;)
PS: very good update to the opening post! (includes good proofreading, too :) )
PPS: in the opening post, the descriptions for the flamegun and rocket launcher are the same as the description for the machinegun.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 12:32

Ugh, It has gone out of my head. Thanks for the feedback (y)

I'll do an edit soon.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 16:03

Here's my short report on the albino brute:
[spoiler]I think he works alright. At first I made the mistake of jumping into the pond and that alerted him to my presence: he kept on shooting at me even when I was really far away, I actually "dragged" him to the farthest part of the cavern, being far from him and even being a few seconds out of sight didn't seem to stop him, but eventually I dragged him back to the pond and got him to stand more or less at the player starting point, then I ran away until I was at the far end, out of sight. That calmed him down. I came back and was able to measure how short sighted he is, and how relatively deaf he is too: both standing on the edge of the pond at opposite sides and facing each other, he couldn't see me. I sneeked up to him and short of actually bumping into him, he still wouldn't notice me - however, if you run very close to him, he'll hear you and consequently attack you. I think for what you were aiming to achieve, he works fine; but in very open spaces, it is kinda weird that he can't see you even from up close until he's alerted to your presence, after which he can aim at you even from several hundred UUs.[/spoiler]
Good luck with this campaign :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

VortexConvict
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 01:47

As collaborator, concept artist, and idea man, I want to play the level, but I don't have any guidelines for how to do it. I've patched two versions of Unreal with the Old Unreal 227 patch: Unreal Gold from GOG.com, and my original Unreal 1 cd. Forgive my ignorance, but how do I get this level to play? How do I install it? (I am very embarrassed with my lack of Unreal 1 level playing experience).

VortexConvict
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 01:54

Never mind! I finally found out what was wrong. I just needed to change the renderer from OpenGL to DirectX 9. I opened the Tesmap 3, and I am excited. Sorry for taking so long, makemeunreal! Finally, I'm in sync with the team again.

xbryan2000x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 05 May 2015, 17:25

I created the logo digitally
to support your mod...

\o/

[UPDATE]

Starting adding new sounds for the Gasbag and some unfinished ones also the flame sounds i made for the Root.ucx file

Sending the files to makemeunreal

Previous