This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Unreal: Prisoner of Na Pali

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Unreal: Prisoner of Na Pali

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014, 22:31

Developer:makemeunreal & makemeunrealwife & Vortex Convict
------------------
Good to know.
[spoiler]Unreal 0.83 is the name for two Unreal prototypes compiled during October, 1996. Both prototypes comes from an archive of files for Emissary, an unreleased first person shooter that was going to be on the Unreal Engine. Both prototypes contain some resources from that game, but they will not be covered here because both versions of 0.83 are essentially Unreal prototypes with a few Emissary resources in the files for testing.
Note that this article will mostly refer to the 0.83 prototype compiled on October 3rd, 1996. Some parts, which will be mentioned, are based off of the October 18th, 1996 build.
Source: http://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal/0.83_Prototypes[/spoiler]
After months of developing...my project to recreate some segment's of the alpha's campaign began to take form.

Normally I didn't want it to release for public eyes, but I changed my mind.
I love Unreal, I love Epic's work. I think I won't cause any harm by releasing this:

-More info coming soon-

You'll find a few pic under...
[spoiler]Image
-
-
Image[/spoiler]
Weaponry:
Automag:
[spoiler]This little chunk of metal deals fast, devastating bullets right into your enemies head.
The weapon system doesn't need to be reloaded, and holds up to 200 rounds!
It's size and mass is perfect to perform a whip, if you are standing near the bad guys.Image[/spoiler]
Stinger:
[spoiler]This dreadful weapon shoots Tarydium crystals into your enemies skin, and cause a rather poor damage. But if you shoot your enemy once again with an Automag, or Quadshot, their bullet will trigger the side effect of the shards. THEY BURN!Image[/spoiler]
Quadshot:
[spoiler]I bet you like double shotguns. Double the barrels, double the mess it will cause. Image[/spoiler]
Machinegun:
[spoiler]It's the big brother of our automag. It's primary fire will pump lead at your enemy in a devastating rate. Secondary fire is faster, and deadlier.Image[/spoiler]
Flamegun:
[spoiler]It's the big brother of our automag. It's primary fire will pump lead at your enemy in a devastating rate. Secondary fire is faster, and deadlier.Image[/spoiler]
Rocket Launcher:

Concept arts by Vortex Convixt

Last edited by makemeunreal on 17 Jun 2014, 11:40, edited 13 times in total.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Unreal Alpha Campaign

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014, 23:02

Where's the "Like" button? I need to click "Like"! I NEED TO CLICK "LIKE"!
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014, 03:16

If I didn't know better, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between your shots and shots of the alpha. Very nice! :tup:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014, 11:17

I think you missed it...It looks like the alpha, because it is! :P
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014, 16:19

Now I'm confused. Are you planning to remake what's in those shots in the final version of Unreal, or are those areas already finished?

Anyway, it's a good idea. I like seeing the old stuff, even if I'm glad the final game is what it is.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014, 16:56

It will be a recreation of the Unreal story as it was stated in the Ubible, with the resources I have.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014, 20:20

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014, 08:58

I'll need somebody to help me with textures, since the build contains only one package.

User avatar GamesHarder
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014, 22:20

This very,very good!
Unreal Alpha & Beta picture collection:
https://mega.nz/folder/elQjRQbC#FoFU4B8rIVl4LQP90-VBIw

"The years go by, but the search never ends"

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014, 17:45

Flamegun Update!

Normally, the game would crash if you try to pick up the flamethrower(which is a black mesh at all), since it has no code.
I managed to get the max out of the build.
-Working mesh.
-Working weapon slot.
-Custom ammo I made.
-Ammo icon on the HUD.
-STILL NEED SOUNDS.
-As the texture...*sigh* I'll try tinkering with it.

Preview shot:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014, 20:55

Rather long time without any update.
Let's feast ;)

Flamegun update
-Sounds
-Working "custom" projectile

VortexConvict
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: Unreal: Prisoner of Na Pali

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014, 09:15

Yo, fellow convicts of UnrealSP.org,

I am VortexConvict, the concept artist for MakeMeUnreal. I concept art which my colleague posted here started off as fun drawings based upon images from the Unreal Aplha and Beta I studied. (The second picture in particular is based off an alpha shot with the player character and a red dragon.) I originally posted them on Beyond Unreal's forum, but they were sized wrong. After resizing it, and bringing the topic up again with reply a year later, I got the attention of MakeMeUnreal. I've done more sketches recently, mainly ideal bosses for the mod. I will also do concept art giving some idea what the level might be like. As you can see, I'm not a digital artist. I do it with the classical pencil, eraser, pen, and marker (and sometimes crayon and colored pencil), so it's a little difficult to replicate the textures from Unreal for me, but they still give the general idea of how I envision the game.

Our purpose is to do a mod that is based off of the Unreal Alpha and the original concept, with inspirations taken from Hexen and Quake. I have another game poster that I've done the basic sketch for, which might suggest some stealth play (if it's possible). Like you, I am quite excited by the progress MakeMeUnreal is making.

I look forward to talking more on this forum with all you guys. Bye! (Starts praying like Nali, and disappearing)

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014, 12:37

Oh, I am glad you registered.
Stay sharp, gameplay video is coming :D

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 16:28

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014, 16:30

That Brute looks so happy

Next