This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Unreal Acrid - Single/Cooperative Campaign

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Is this mappack worthy to be completely done?

Yes, abosolutely.
92%
Yes.
8%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 37

User avatar Pla
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: Unreal Acrid - Single/Cooperative Campaign

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014, 17:52

Terraniux wrote:Might be late reaction, and sorry for eventually being Captain Obvious, but still here goes:

It doesn't matter what kind of Unreal Map or Pack you make. As long you had enjoy, relaxation and putted effort in it is always worth to bring out and play. No one will ever say 'I dislike this in a concrete way.' Some constructive critism is all you ever need. Reactions and feedback will follow. What could be a better place than UnrealSP to bring out a project that is dedicated to your favorite game? There isn't. Unreal SP is the best.

Other than that: You're doing a great job. Seeing forward to play it. +100. Love the architecture and terrain build there. :tup:

Wow! But for real! I like very much to read such warm comments on my creations, and always start to feel; it would be good to finish up this project. :) You know, when I get a good response, I usually make my maps forward, and get new ideas to make.

Thanks again, it was very nice. :)

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:03

Greeteing EveryOne!

Long time since i wrote here, but now, I'm back with a new announcement.

My project Unreal Acrid is actually is on the way out - to be done completely, and during my free time sessions, i spend long hours with mapping. So to say - it looks like this project is gonna be finished, and a few completely new map will be added. Screenshots of the beta maps will be soon!

Regards '1-brush-terrains' Pla :)

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:33

Pla wrote:Long time since i wrote here, but now, I'm back with a new announcement.

And a very welcome announcement. I'm reserving some free time for when your mappack comes out. :tup:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:37

I had the chance to try the maps you've made so far, and I was amazed. Keep up the good work!
:tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015, 09:50

Greetings!

As I promised, now I'm back with some screenshots of maps still is developement. I've decided to let the mysterious picture go, and show more of my mapping procedure, and maps already done, so now, I show pictures from editor aswell.

First map is a huge map actually - a canyon. Two pictures was taken in editor - one normal 3d view, and one with the terrain highlighted. Well, acually it's a huge map - take a look on the top view - it is filling the available space. Can u see the nali house anyway? :)

Pic-1

Pic-2

*The terrains avaiable to see on the pictures are completely unique, planned and shaped with 2d shape editor.

The second map I introduce is a already more complex map, but take a look at it yourself.

Pic-1

Pic-2

Pic-3

Not much to say about it yet, but it already has some surprise for the player, and i think i'ts gonna be one of the longest timeplay maps in the mappack.

Finally I'd like to introduce at least 5 new upcoming maps into the mappack - some of them has some documented artwork already, and even a major reorganisation of the story and maps may occur in the future. I'm planning to make this pack completely cooperative compatible, to ensure the maximum possible Unreal Experience, what players can have, and even got some nice idea of boosting this experience. So my motto is: "Let's create traditionally original Unreal maps - what even would fit in the original single player maps - and only boost it, if surely not ruins the original unreal experience" :)

Wish to everybody a nice day with this picture (from mappack ofc);

ui.: If anyone interested in making such terrains with 2d shape editor, or just have questions about my mappack or simply just about mapping using urealed2.1, feel free to send a pm, and i will answer as soon as I check this site.

So have a nice day, and have fun! ;)

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015, 03:15

That terrain is really impressive, especially for being made with the 2d shape editor; I never thought it was possible to make big terrain brushes by using it, but it looks like I was wrong! :o

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015, 18:51

The method Pla used is the method Epic used back then. Really impressive. :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015, 21:29

Teridax wrote:That terrain is really impressive, especially for being made with the 2d shape editor; I never thought it was possible to make big terrain brushes by using it, but it looks like I was wrong! :o

Terrain making with 2d shape editor Tutorial to come soon. ;)

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 14 May 2020, 02:19

Hiyo there. Long time has been since.

Actually, the Epic-style terrain making campaign was created, I have the video. Unfortunately, I wasnt in my best shape, so my englush wasnt that good (kept mentioning shapes on the unusual way, like square as "four-point-one", and triangles as "three-point-ones"), so I decided not to upload that.

Recently, I ended up mapping, since I had a very serious health problem, and took more than a year, to even find out, what my health issue was, and also took more than 5 months til today, to recover. I also was recenlty doing my website coding, wasnt mapping at all.

Still, I have projects, what I had, and kept thinking on "finishing" my campaign, but literally far away I am from that.

Since, I cannot upload the old images to my limited free domain, I reuploaded the .jpg versions of those (since those were .bmp format, ant it was about 5mb per image, and now in .jpg format, its ten times less, about 0.5mb per image in general).

You can take a look of those old images there:

UA_SSBase2 - one of the first maps - old images - now about 90%+ completed (if will not be expanded):

UA_RockForts - alpha images - now about 60-80% completed (was continued in the last months):

Some more recent image about UA_Chizra (about 90%+ completed):

UA_NaliValley - alpha images - now about 40-50% completed:
More recent images lately:

UA_Canyon.unr - about 0-10% completed:

I recently found two rare old images about two of my maps in this project, ill post it here. The first is UA_Chizra (was mentioned above), the other is UA_NaliValley (alpha image).

Finally, not sure, when I will work on it, or where it will e available to finish, to confess, I would like to see my maps played by you guys, or streamed, but its about 30% complete even now in general. Only the Chizra map is what I fairly can say: its 90%+ completed, two other old maps were considered as completed, but I just had ideas, and at least one of those I was about tho expand more, since both are very small short maps.

Other maps, like the UA_nalivalley is halfaway completed, about 40%, even the finaly passages, structures are not completed as I made it up in my mind.

I also have maps, I mentioned earlier, like UA_Canyon, what is a huge open space, and had a lot of idea also, and it would be also a long map. Its only the terrain is completed, and a few structures.

A few interesting in-depth detail:
Since I know about RL Coops, these maps are basically made with the idea, of making impossible to shortcut in RLCoops (by going trough closed areas by RLCoops walk, or crouch), so I also fixed UA_Chizra map, since you could just easily skip a lot of the map.
Even thouth about speedruns, with not-making-dat-easy to skip areas, and run trough.

Let me know, what you think! ;)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 14 May 2020, 08:29

I really love the look of Nali Valley. A day-lit Bluff Eversmoking-like map that hopefully is as huge as it looks! If it has a lot of optional exploration areas, A++

Glad to see you're still working on this and that you got through your health stuff. Keep it up!

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 14 May 2020, 16:23

Thank you!
Actually, two images still not loads properly of my last post, what are actually 2 new images from UA_NalyValley. A few conditions have changes lot ago.
Basically, the sizes are big, yes, as you can see on the images (you can compare to the nalihouses, whose are the same size like in the original game), so you can imagine, its quite big area. All the terrain is one brush, made with the Epic terrain making method, without polyed.
But one thing - that you have pointet out - have changed: the daylight was turned in to morning light. This is what would be visible on the two new images, what are not loading properly for some reason.

I will try to link that two images again here:

For some reason, still not loads, but I upload to Imgur, so you can see there:
https://imgur.com/sXqRsAD

These images will be deleted from Imgur also in time, but now is okay.

Anyway, UA_NalyValley was basically created before I got a new idea, so I was considering renaming the map to some "Barricade" or such, since I had another idea for UA_NalyValley, what suits more the name. There are two images above, UA_Canyon, a huge terrain. Based on the idea of huge terrain, I was thinking on a map, what is actually as wide, as the editor fits, and actually creating a valley, full of nali houses, a big mountain-side like, a bit valley-like, with some ocean, or big watery area, and such, with full of actually living nalis, whos are not harm yet from skaarj. A few more ideas I had, why and what would the player do there in the mission. Also a nyleve like emotional turn (music and such, when you come out of the ship) would be there also.. but not giving more details. :)

Levelworm

Post Posted: 19 May 2020, 06:07

Hi this really looks good! Love the view from the castle. BTW only the last two screenshots are loaded.
Power lays only in Darkness

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 24 May 2020, 18:50

Levelworm wrote:Hi this really looks good! Love the view from the castle. BTW only the last two screenshots are loaded.

The images what were not visible, were uploaded to my free domain, and it was close to expire, that is why they were not loading. I fixed the issue, should be able to see all the images uploaded now. You only need to roll back to the previous posts.
:)

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 May 2020, 01:40

Don't know what you guys are talking about missing screenshots, they're all showing up on my end - could be a location thing maybe?
As Buff already said, the Nali castle shots look really nice especially with the new lighting you've added, looking forward to seeing more from you! :D

User avatar Pla

Post Posted: 26 May 2020, 17:22

SteadZ wrote:Don't know what you guys are talking about missing screenshots, they're all showing up on my end - could be a location thing maybe?
As Buff already said, the Nali castle shots look really nice especially with the new lighting you've added, looking forward to seeing more from you! :D

The screenshot problem was fixed, and they were right also, thei mages werent show up, since there was a problem with the host server of the images, what I had to fix.

Thank you, currently not mapping, thinking on, what to do with it now.
;)

Previous