UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[UT] - Operation Na Pali Retranslation

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [UT] - Operation Na Pali Retranslation

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014, 21:46

I have to agree with Mr. Prophet here. While ONP has its faults, there are no "perfect" maps, let alone perfect large map packs. The messages and voice acting, while certainly poor, never really took much away from the pack for me, as I guess I was just more amazed at the architecture and lighting (especially for the time).

I'm also unsure of how many people would actually want to play a large map pack again just for some largely superficial edits. What made the release of the Ultimate RTNP so successful (imo) was the large amount of content that many people had never played before.

In short, I agree that your efforts are probably better served elsewhere with new content. The release of decent maps has slowed to a trickle lately.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 20:40

Doublez-Down wrote:I'm also unsure of how many people would actually want to play a large map pack again just for some largely superficial edits.
The release of decent maps has slowed to a trickle lately.
I agree with superficial edits, and the lack of decent released maps.. BUT, that being the case, what unreal maps are there to play BUT the older maps???. that's all there is for now, and some major reworking of some would make a huge difference in replay value.. waiting for maps 7 years in the making, and still being worked on perhaps for years more is not for everyone..

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 20:43

I should hope you're not talking about RTNP Episodes there :twisted:

SZ

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014, 05:09

SteadZ wrote:I should hope you're not talking about RTNP Episodes there :twisted:

SZ
In reply to Me? :? then nope, I wasn't..

Previous