Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Unreal Texture UT site and S3TC release

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Diehard
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 16:42

Nah is ok, but thanks anyway.

I did have a look at those in the past and can have a look at it again, but i concider UT2004 is also Low Res, as they use 512 pixels x 512 pixels pretty much as a base, while some textures go up to 1024 or even 2048(but those a rare)

The base for all the S3TC textures in Unreal and UT is 2048 x 2048 or even 4096 x 4096 which would mean i have to scale them up, which is not good to achieve the quality we want. But needs to be said, theres a bunch of very cool textures inthere.

Than there is another reason to stay away from those textures and thats copyright. All the textures i made from scratch, i can do whatever i want with those. But when i use bases from any company i always have to calculate in that i only share copyright, and on occasion this limits to what i can do with those.
DìèHárd»§ÇW§

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 18:29

BTW dou you really want to remaster the ut04 textures as well? I guess not, I mean thats nearly impossible... thats to much.

User avatar Diehard

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 19:04

No, i stick with Unreal and UT :)

But i had plans to release those textures as high resolution textures for UT2004 and UT3 in a similar project. Which basically would be a port from all Unreal and UT textures to those games.
DìèHárd»§ÇW§

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 19:08

Yearh that would be pretty nice if anybody would remake a ut1 map like DM-Zeto for ut3 and use your highres textures for that. Overall it would be a pity not to use those textures for that, they are to good. :)

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 20:35

:lol: already attempting one map (dmroute66), but my UT3 editor got fried. Can anyone assist trying to fix my UT3 editor?

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008, 18:59

A question only: What S3TC tutorial do you suggest if anybody want to make a custom map with an own S3TC pack?

User avatar Diehard

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008, 00:50

When its all a bit calmer for me i will see if i can write a decent tutorial for it, which is what i should have written ages ago... Its just i got too many things on my hands always.

But a short explanantion would be.

For UT you can use the S3TC Make tool from Uarchitect. The other way is to have me convert the packages into S3TC. And i am setting up a program for that (which needs the tutorial you speak of).

The all time problem is that the Mergertool isnt public(and never will be) due to the fact it creates netcompatible packages and can easelly be abused by hackers(read botters)

Doing it with S3TC make means you can make packages independ from me which is a huge plus obviously. Downside is you are limited in the S3TC size, you have to stay within safe limits to make sure everybody is able to use the packages regardless how good your videocard is.

And that safe mode(so to speak) should not exceed the sizes used for the Low End packages.

But in time i hope to have a workable setup on the site where people can submit their work so i can process them with the least amount of hassle for me and the creator. And thats all i can say about it for the moment. I know it, aint much :/
DìèHárd»§ÇW§

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2009, 17:02

A question:

Texture: GenEarth.Rock.Rock1b

If you will start your work on this one.. will you keep in mind that this texture was/is used in Aztec as a treebark texture? So more wood than rock.
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

Previous