Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Dead Star Map-pack (Completed)(Unreal; 16 single/multiplayer maps)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UTupi
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: Dead Star Map-pack (Completed)(Unreal; 16 single/multiplayer maps)

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016, 01:20

\o/

Ta! Avanti poppolo...

Edit: Damn, spoke too soon. Still no dice. So I have been inside there already. I thought I just missed something obvious but now I still can't figure it out.

► Show Spoiler

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016, 23:21

UTupi wrote:\o/

Ta! Avanti poppolo...

Edit: Damn, spoke too soon. Still no dice. So I have been inside there already. I thought I just missed something obvious but now I still can't figure it out.

► Show Spoiler

Hmm, honestly it's weird you're having trouble with this, I don't remember anything special - cool level, average difficulty. I certainly didn't get lost, that's for sure. Maybe the translator logs can help (in case you tend to skip them). Maybe try and get on top of the ship, or "hug" (touch) every single terminal inside. The problem is I cannot really help any further for now, because I basically told you all I could from memory, and I can't check out the map now because it's been 4 weeks since I've been without a computer for Unreal/UT (can't use the PC from the office obviously :P ) and I probably won't get my gaming PC moved to my new place before another month... Here's one last thing I remember: you should enter a canyon (actually Serpent Canyon, with a new texture job and no water) after this business with the Mercs, and if you take the ship as a reference point, then the canyon is in the opposite direction compared to the cave with the Slith. That's assuming I'm not mistaken about the Slith area being optional, but your trouble has made me less sure. But it really shouldn't be mysterious - if anything, maybe reloading the map and playing through it again in a straightforward way can help, in case some special trigger didn't fire the first time round. The editor would obviously help but I am assuming you're not comfortable with it.
Another thing that doesn't help my memory is that this pack came with LOTS of maps that are usually rather small... so I sometimes have trouble recalling where one map begins and where one ends.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UTupi

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 07:41

Thanks for the effort to help out! I tried reloading and then hugging everything but again nothing happened. I usually read all the messages but didn't see a clear clue there. You assumed right, I'm nonexistent with the editor. I know a little bit about console commands. Ghosting all over the map doesn't show that canyon. So I guess I'm not triggering some event that's needed to advance, or something like that. (That's why I suspected some kind of "engine failure" as an easy explanation.) What was the console command that shows portals (or what you call the endpoint) in the map? Maybe I just keep walking right past it. :P

Edit: I'm an idiot. Sure enough there was one more cave entrance (how did I miss that ghosting all over everywhere? LOL) and that was exactly as you described. Continuing... You solved it, muchas gracias. :tup:

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 23:24

UTupi wrote:Thanks for the effort to help out! I tried reloading and then hugging everything but again nothing happened. I usually read all the messages but didn't see a clear clue there. You assumed right, I'm nonexistent with the editor. I know a little bit about console commands. Ghosting all over the map doesn't show that canyon. So I guess I'm not triggering some event that's needed to advance, or something like that. (That's why I suspected some kind of "engine failure" as an easy explanation.) What was the console command that shows portals (or what you call the endpoint) in the map? Maybe I just keep walking right past it. :P

Edit: I'm an idiot. Sure enough there was one more cave entrance (how did I miss that ghosting all over everywhere? LOL) and that was exactly as you described. Continuing... You solved it, muchas gracias. :tup:

Glad to hear this! Have fun :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UTupi

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016, 19:18

That quicksand is so evil. :D I can imagine a large map full of only that and those plank catwalks, with plenty of Skaarj with ASMD :B

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016, 20:11

Why was the download removed from the start of the thread?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016, 21:07

evilgrins wrote:Why was the download removed from the start of the thread?

Read the thread: content copy-pasted from custom mappacks.

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016, 21:19

For anyone interested: I uploaded the map pack to my website where it can be downloaded.

Previous