ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[U227] Chronicles of Weedrow Episode 2 [Released]

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [U227] Chronicles of Weedrow Episode 2 [Released]

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016, 19:55

Just played through this after giving the first pack another run. And I am very impressed by what you all managed to put together! I kind of miss some of the zany randomness of the first one, but making a thematically and narratively consistent pack with 11 authors is certainly an impressive feat in itself. The horror atmosphere was pulled off expertly, I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of this (I am kind of a wuss about horror though) but thankfully the trademark Weedrow humour was still present. I actually found myself caring about finding Takk, I miss that guy!
This map again demonstrates how good the firetrucks tools can be, with things like the crime scene investigation bit and the other puzzles (some stuff I can't even begin to imagine how it was constructed). The build and visuals were consistently good, whether you're pulling off a relaxing resort or a spooky manor. Each area was used very well, the rooms connected up logically and it didn't ever feel like you were forced to backtrack too far.
Weedrow 1 is one of my all time favourite packs for Unreal, and this sequel is certainly of that same level of quality. It's a shame about the abrupt ending, but with how many packs are stuck in development limbo I'm just thankful I got to play the wonderful content that's already here.
And as a side note, all the levels ran fine for me, I didn't bump into any of these game-breaking bugs some people are having (although I didn't try to save in the second half of map 1 as suggested).

Previous