I'm still working on a huge project for Unreal 1. I'm reworking and updating the whole singleplayer campaign to the inofficial Unreal 227 Patch.
Some of my friends are asking me, why the hell are you doing this? This game is old this make no sense!... what a waste of time!
I love Unreal. I started to play this game since the release and creating new levels for it since 1999.
My thoughts where... 227 includes so many cool stuff and effects like Distance Fog, Dynamic Coronas, Emitters and and and...... it would be a shame when this stuff still exist but no one who plays the regular Unreal campaign knows about it.
I'm not only planning to change the visuals of the levels, I also will improve the gameplay with some changes...
We all know Unreal, we all know where the enemies are hiding, we all know: "okay I will find in the next part of the level Flakboxes, Rocketcans.... I'm shooting now with those weapons because I can refill ammo in the next room.'
Imagine ... this will be random... Enemies will spawn in there area but on random places... The player will find less ammo as before but killing enemies or searching dead bodies with the "grab" key will drop ammo, health and inventroy randomly....
EVERYTIME when you replay the updated version it will be not the same.
Here is a small list what I am planning to do:
- - Adding tons of emitters
- Distance Fog
- Better Lighting
- Sunlight coronas
- Outdoor Maps will have two versions ( Sunshine and Raining ) The gameplay of both versions is the same. The Map will randomly load after leaving the level you played before
- Small changes on the levels geometry
- Pushing the atmosphere
- Interactivity ( triggering buttons, levers or what ever with the "grab" key or using computer panels ( qComputers ) to activate events. // removed
- Players can search deadbodies for random ammo, health or armor
- Translator messages from dead humans are also displayed on a "Translator Mesh" next to the carcass // removed
- Adding quadshot
- Enemies will spawn in their area but on random places
- Enemies will drop random items
- Better Enemy projectile effects
- Changes on some effects
- Dig and Dug will be one level
- Terralift and Terraniux will be one level
I also have some screenshots of the the first three updated maps.
To be honest.. this project will take a very very long time and I will work on this but i can't promise if I ever can finish it.