Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[UT][OldSkool] Coop Beacon

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: [UT][OldSkool] Coop Beacon

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016, 04:31

This is a mod that places beacons over coop players heads only when they are a comfortable distance away or obstructed from view. Player names will only display beside the beacon, obstructed or not, for players far away enough to otherwise be difficult to identify.

------------> D o w n l o a d <------------
Coop Beacon RC1

Requisites:
This mod requires OldSkool and will only work in Coopgame2 and derivative gametypes (dejavu, xidia, 7b, ect..).
Bugs:
Due to the way obstruction works, beacons will float around the hud when there are players behind you. I kind of like it and while it would be nice to confine it to the edges, I can live with it.
Beacons don't persist on Vortex2 because vrikersgame is bad and I hope whoever wrote it feels bad.

I don't have plans to make any changes. The RC1 title is just a formality, or if something actually has to be fixed, it can with better clarity. I haven't done a lot of testing other than making sure it works where it's supposed to and not where it isn't. This was mostly in preparation for some coop I plan on running over the next several weekends and thought it would be a good idea if everyone could tell where everyone else was.

I'm currently running a server if anyone wants to see firsthand how this works. Right now it's DejaVu with this mut and the weapon respawner from 7Bullets. I may/not be there but my clone should.
server password:
► Show Spoiler

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [UT][OldSkool] Coop Beacon

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016, 06:40

Would be cool if there was a build using 227 and the HUDOverlay additions , as there really is no such beaacon mods existing for the platform.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016, 06:57

bob wrote:Would be cool if there was a build using 227 and the HUDOverlay additions , as there really is no such beaacon mods existing for the platform.

I might look into it. I did try but didn't investigate the build problem. It's either using a different kind of method to draw the HUD (in which case I won't be bothering with) or uses a different spectator class (excluded as beacon target. Easy fix).

Krull0r
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016, 14:17

Looks cool :) now we need a life bar above the monsters to see their actual health