UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[Released] RTNP:UE v1.1 HD [UT]

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: [Released] RTNP:UE v1.1 HD [UT]

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017, 07:22

Developer: Lightning Hunter

Synopsis:
A polished conversion of RTNP for UT, with additional subplots that accompany 10 new levels - now complete with high-resolution skins!

Features:
Fully polished Return to Na Pali conversion for Unreal Tournament with all the great features of oldskool. It also contains the cut Unreal Beta maps in a finalized form, together with the RTNP adventure. Here is a full list of features:

-RTNP conversion to UT, without the pesky bugs that have come with previous RTNP conversions.
-The original 17 RTNP levels with bug fixes, texture alignments, game play enhancements, and more. Some maps have been given the treatment they should have received when the Expansion pack first came out!
-10 new levels, completely restored from Beta content of Unreal. This content was originally cut from the official game. It has been modified to fit right in with RTNP, including proper transitions between levels. All of it feels right at home in RTNP!
-Restored beta content has been completely revamped. This includes better lighting, enhanced game play, new stories, added RTNP content, texture alignments, technical revisions, and much more. None of it is in beta form any longer, but finalized.
-Restored music from the beta releases, which are used in the new maps and even some of the old maps.
-Implemented Oldskool features, including permanent carcasses, weapon decals, scoreboard with kill counts, and more.
-A great menu system created by Integration.
-More of a challenge when used with the 'Limbo Difficulty Mutator', which has been included with this conversion. This is recommended for veteran players who found the original RTNP to be too easy!

What is new with V1.1 HD?
Not long ago, a High-Res Skins mod was released that replaced all the low-res skins of Unreal & RTNP with high-resolution, detailed versions. However, the high-res skins mod did not contain replacements for all the great beta and custom skins of RTNP:UE. Version 1.1 HD remedies that.

Here is quick list of added features to V1.1 HD:

-50 new high-resolution skins to replace the old low-res beta skins and custom skins of RTNPUE.
-Never-before seen beta skins have been introduced in this release, as well as a few new custom skins (all in high-res)
-A few new stories have been added.
-Some very minor game play tweaks and bug fixes, including quieter footstep sounds.

Important: Make sure to read 'RTNPUEv11_HD.txt' found within the ZIP file very carefully for installation and playing instructions!

DOWNLOAD Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD

Also don't forget to download the High-Res skins pack, which is meant to be used alongside this release of RTNP:UE (although not required):
DOWNLOAD UNREAL HD
Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 07 Jul 2017, 09:08, edited 2 times in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [Released] RTNP:UE v1.1 HD [UT]

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017, 11:37

Now that's a HIGH DEFINITION post

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017, 19:53

UBerserker wrote:Now that's a HIGH DEFINITION post

I figured it wouldn't make sense to release an HD project and have a post about it with low-quality images. :P

User avatar J-Rts
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017, 23:12

Good to see this released. Fantastic work and effort, LH !!! Sorry, I wasn't much of a help. Life and family got in the way.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 18:34

It is also quite huge. Ignoring all the side stuff and not stopping to read anything I think it's still 5-6 hours. Great job.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 23:41

This is timely, LH. I've been making one of my roughly annual replays of Unreal lately, with my son watching this time, and I will be due to switch to the mission pack soon. Thank you so much for continuing to support this game!
Life is what you make of it.

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 23:47

Hellscrag wrote:This is timely, LH. I've been making one of my roughly annual replays of Unreal lately, with my son watching this time, and I will be due to switch to the mission pack soon. Thank you so much for continuing to support this game!

Awesome! Don't forget to grab the high-res skins with it. I kept them looking as faithful as possible, so they don't stand out or look out of place (unlike some of the S3TC textures). I figured people like us who are diehard fans of the original would appreciate that. 8)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 23:52

Lightning Hunter wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:This is timely, LH. I've been making one of my roughly annual replays of Unreal lately, with my son watching this time, and I will be due to switch to the mission pack soon. Thank you so much for continuing to support this game!

Awesome! Don't forget to grab the high-res skins with it. I kept them looking as faithful as possible, so they don't stand out or anything (unlike some of the S3TC textures). I figured people like us who are diehard fans of the original would appreciate that. 8)

Yep, got them too. My first impression is that they are very subtly done. At fighting range the enemies don't look that different, but once they die you get a much better sense of their teeth, the buckles on their armour etc. The change is more apparent on decorations and inventory items with naturally crisper lines.

Overall, very nice work.

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 23:58

Thanks! My goal with these skins was not to change their appearance at all. Rather, I just wanted to detail them so there was no more blurriness up-close. I was especially tired of how blurry the Titan looked (man, I spent a long time on that skin).

By the way, you have a son now? How old? I have a daughter who is now 1. :)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017, 23:45

Lightning Hunter wrote:By the way, you have a son now? How old? I have a daughter who is now 1. :)

9 years old. Just about ready to cope with the violence and gore in Unreal.

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017, 03:12

Haha, that's about the age I started playing my first fps: Heretic. I would argue that Heretic has more blood, although very pixelated.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017, 13:45

I wouldn't let him play it himself just yet, nor watch games such as UT that are very dominated by violence against humans rather than monsters. Watching me frag Skaarj is just about ok though!