Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Project Xenome : Interloper

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Project Xenome : Interloper

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017, 23:53

salsaSkaarj wrote:@UB, you played on Unreal, was that including the 115% speed + another of your favorite enhancements?

Unreal and 115% speed, nothing else. Things got very mechanical but again, I stopped spamming DP only and went all out with the weapons which is why I had almost no trouble.
ImageImage

wwof
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017, 20:42

Jazz,
I just wanted to thank you for producing a truly great map pack. I finished it last week and loved it all...well all except for the Cobalt levels. Waves and waves of spiders and dragon flies get old quick for me. The massive underground skaarj facility was stunning and the gameplay was wonderful. Great job. I am looking forward to playing the third installment of the Xenome series.

User avatar Preki
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017, 22:33

Finally I've reached the teleporter in map "Critical Transfer", but it doesn't work as it should. Teleporter's destination is... the same teleporter itself, apparently, so I'm stuck.

User avatar jazz
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017, 23:49

Preki wrote:Finally I've reached the teleporter in map "Critical Transfer", but it doesn't work as it should. Teleporter's destination is... the same teleporter itself, apparently, so I'm stuck.

I had a look at the map and everything works as it should. Nobody else has had a problem so far. I'm Having a quick think about this and I believe you may have mistaken the teleporter room with another as they are virtually identical in design apart from the main room where you jump to the next map!

Is this the first teleporter room you've come across?

User avatar Preki

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017, 22:46

It is the teleporter you're supposed to activate, I think. There are two green energy pillars in its room and a window from the control room opposite the teleporter. There are also two smaller teleporters that look like pillars of blue light, but these are transporting only to other areas of the map.

User avatar jazz

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017, 23:06

Preki wrote:It is the teleporter you're supposed to activate, I think. There are two green energy pillars in its room and a window from the control room opposite the teleporter. There are also two smaller teleporters that look like pillars of blue light, but these are transporting only to other areas of the map.

The main teleporter is activated in the control room where the window is. As you look through the window at the teleporter it is activated via the Skaarj symbol in the middle console. It just means a bit of a trek to and fro.

Hope this helps.

User avatar Preki

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017, 12:25

I forgot to post the screenshot:
This is the teleporter in question.

User avatar jazz

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017, 13:09

Preki wrote:I forgot to post the screenshot:
This is the teleporter in question.

Once activated you should be able to walk into it and hey presto!
I dont know what else to suggest except maybe start the that level again

User avatar Preki

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017, 14:51

I finally found out what prevented me from teleporting! Upon looking what's up in UnrealEd, it's supposed to be fine, tags are set up properly. But somehow a Skaarj Warrior teleported and did nothing afterwards, blocking target teleporter in the process. Why couldn't I telefrag him is beyond me. Dunno if property bPlayerOnly would help here.

Yeah, I had to outrightly cheat and ghost through the level.

User avatar jazz

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017, 15:21

Ahhh... Thx Preki, been thinking about this one for while and couldn't figure it out.
Another one for the notebook of things to look at.

Edit: Seems strange how a Skaarj can get to the next map without it being loaded in! :?

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017, 07:59

Edit: Seems strange how a Skaarj can get to the next map without it being loaded in! :?

You successfully found a way to teleport a Skaarj to a parallel dimension! Maybe one of us will find a Skaarj roaming the city streets in real life...
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017, 11:28

Lightning Hunter wrote:

You successfully found a way to teleport a Skaarj to a parallel dimension! Maybe one of us will find a Skaarj roaming the city streets in real life...

No problem, I carry my DP with me all the time 8)

User avatar Preki

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017, 21:27

But the thing is, that Skaarj didn't reach the exit teleporter, just the one that leads to beginning of one of those... "tunnels".

User avatar jazz

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017, 22:13

Preki wrote:But the thing is, that Skaarj didn't reach the exit teleporter, just the one that leads to beginning of one of those... "tunnels".

That makes a lot more sense. Changing bPlayerOnly in the navigation tag will only be noticable if a Bot tries to run into it.

Edit: Still, it's worth a try! Thx Preki, It's in my list of all the things that people have picked up on.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017, 20:07

jazz wrote:...
UBerserker wrote:Some of the secret areas are really hard to find, few of them require at least shock-jumping and there's a super secret one which requires rocket jumping. However if you find them, power to you.

I would agree they are hard to find unless you stumble upon them. The hardest of all is in 'Cobalt'.
'On thin ice' is another where it'll stretch your brain thinking of how to get to the goodies. I wonder who will figure that one?

The Cobalt secrets were relatively easy I thought. 3/3
The Thin Ice one (you'll know once you get a glimpse of it) is a difficult one to notice but there are 2 giveaways for the attentive player who stays alert even when the next map is near. :D (I don't want to give too much away because it's well hidden but not unnoticeable). I actually found 2 solutions: the first one didn't work at first due to a lack of technique but UB helped me execute my plan (with success), the second one is a relatively easy solution but it requires some daring thought (and action).

Previous Next