Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Frostbite

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Frostbite

Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 18:30

I am currently working on my first SP campaign wich is named Frostbite. It will feature 3 levels taking place in a Liadri mining ship where you just woke up in the med bay, you learn you are Adrien Clark the ship´s comander, and you were declared dead when you touched an alien artifact.
The setting for this SP is given majorly by the movie "Pandorum" and the Dead Space games.The objective is to be as limited as possible, so very few costum textures, music and or other resources will be used.

This will be realeased for UT under the Oldschool SP mod.

In terms of mechanics the story will be given through the game play itself (no cinematics), very much like the gameplay mechanic of Half-life 2 and will feature a series of puzzles and a few unexpected enemies.
This is itended to be a practice of Level Design and will be the first SP in the set of 3 that takes place in my personal take of the Unreal universe (so tecnically counts as fan fic), the next two tittles will be "Xan" and "Awaken", the later being my actual intent and last SP on Unreal before moving on to other games.

Levels will take inspiration from QuakeI, the Half life series and from some Unreal SP campaings (Return to napali and Project Xenome, the later being my favorite and very much the style of maps i majorly want)

I´ll leave you with some screenshots of how the project stands right now :B (1st level : Late for the party)
(for now ill just show editor shots, when i finish the current DM map im making for the ut99 Chaos contest ill make this a more professional exposition):

Last edited by Xankon on 06 Oct 2017, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Frostbite

Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 19:33

Very interesting. I take the lighting isn't meant to be dark or is it?
M'nali

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 20:59

Ingame doesn´t look as much dark. But it is the intent, and to force you to use the flash light so that your view is narrow and feel more exposed :shy: this is going to be a terror experience \o/

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 07:46

It looks very interestin' so far. Don't give up!

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017, 08:22

Xankon wrote:Ingame doesn´t look as much dark. But it is the intent, and to force you to use the flash light so that your view is narrow and feel more exposed :shy: this is going to be a terror experience \o/

Yeah, because that worked out well for Doom 3. :)

Looks interesting. I look forward to playing!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017, 17:18

This looks pretty fine, I'd love to see an SP pack breaking the mold and going for a more exploration-type approach.
ImageImage