A random sentence for a random mind.

Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 21:56

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p1wfx93mz4aud8/Dimensions%20%28Pre-Alpha%29.unr?dl=0
Developer: Xankon
Synopsis: Still bond to the speed of causality, human is limited to how far light goes. The year is 2056 and still no way to create positive space curvature was sucessfully found...
During a cargo export betwen the Sol system and Alpha Centauri a Ship ran into a strange artifact floating in space. The ship´s chief of security insisted on checking it for himself as for what he found there...
Features: Exploring what the vanilla mechanics of UT can do with some imagination, puzzles very much like Anti-chamber or Portal and a cinematic intro to my new project : "Codname: X " witch will feature chapter (episodic) releases.
Latest News: Sarted 14/12/2017 Despite the original release date of 1/1/2017, the map had a 360º change, and instead of being a simple stand alone puzzle map It actually made me want solidify all upcoming SP campaigns into a single One divided by Episodic Chapters. Turns out I will take the oportunity this map presents to make it the Prologue and begin the Exposition of the plot for the so called "Codname: X"
I´ve decided to release the Pre-Alpha version (where this map stands of now) since it won´t compromise the end Version.
Last edited by Xankon on 14 Dec 2017, 13:31, edited 5 times in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Dimensions (WIP)

Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017, 15:27

I'm not a fan of these "relax solo projects" when something is already being worked on. Both times I tried ended in absolute dumpster and overall wasted time that I could've put into my main project.

But if you can, that's ok then!
ImageImage

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017, 13:11

Well, I have a time schedule. Until the end of the month to finish this one, and a Month to finish the first of Frosbite. So I dont think this will stall much the process

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017, 19:42

Just finish it! :\ So many nice stuff got canned...

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017, 23:02

Puzzle maps are rare, looking forward to this.
M'nali

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017, 00:58

UBerserker wrote:I'm not a fan of these "relax solo projects" when something is already being worked on. Both times I tried ended in absolute dumpster and overall wasted time that I could've put into my main project.

But if you can, that's ok then!

Well I really really needed to just relax, plus I took this time to play and finish Underhell (Half-life2 / Source SDK 2007), strongly recomend it for those who love Single player.
This gave me a relaxed schedule, got new ideas and with this particular map I am actually studying some puzzle mechanics and player guiding (teaching players about the mechanics) that I will use in Frostbite

watcher_of_the_skies wrote:Just finish it! :\ So many nice stuff got canned...

Don´t worry my dude, a deadline is a deadline! Steady wins the race and progress over perfection allways!
So I allways finish a product \o/

Finally got the idea for the Arquitecture style (still a new thing in maps for me tbh), wich will make me retexture and remake the geometry of each room but that´s the final brush of the painting so to say.
90% done with the 4Th room and then only the 5Th and last remains 8)
November the 1st this pizza is out of the oven for you to try ;)

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: Dimensions (WIP-UPDATE!)

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017, 00:14

Updated the first post

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017, 14:45

How is it goin' ?

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017, 22:25

watcher_of_the_skies wrote:How is it goin' ?

For the time being stoped until I finish DM-Lords_of_TheVoid 2.0, since i think we have 2 weeks to make a final version that will go into a mappack,so I´ll focous on that first.

Meanwhile i would say this map is at 70% of completion as it is...

some pics:

User avatar Xankon
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: Dimensions (Canceled! Pre Alpha released!)

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017, 13:30

Post Updated! Download available

There has been quite a few things that I´ve learned since I began this map, that will definetly improve the final version under the "Codename X" project.
I sincerly apolozige for those that where paying atention to this, and so I decided to release the map as it is. Some things will change in the next version, others will be used and you will recognize them. Although it is not finished I do hope you enjoy \o/