UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[UT][U1] Mr. Paci's RyS (Lightning Hunter's Cut)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [UT][U1] Mr. Paci's RyS (Lightning Hunter's Cut)

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017, 10:33

New decorations thanks to Brett Lampson:

For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017, 13:29

Looking very nice.
AFAIR this was the last map I played in RYS (I have no idea how far into the campaign).

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 19:44

salsaSkaarj wrote:Looking very nice.
AFAIR this was the last map I played in RYS (I have no idea how far into the campaign).

That is map 33 out of 47, not including the secret levels (which, btw, are even more creative than the main levels I think).

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017, 09:57

Lightning Hunter wrote:
salsaSkaarj wrote:Looking very nice.

That is map 33 out of 47, not including the secret levels (which, btw, are even more creative than the main levels I think).

Map 33 ? Wow!!, I can't even remember getting so far. The thing I do remember is that by the time I reached this map I didn't have enough heavy ammo for the close encounters. But that was long before campaigns like Xidia, 7B, Zephon, Xenome, etc.. I should be able to handle RYS a lot better now.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018, 18:43

Any news on the project?
M'nali

Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018, 20:38

The project will still be finished, but real life has prevented me from working as much as before. I have just purchased and moved in to my first home with my family, and there are a lot of projects/fixing to be done (it's an older home). As such, most of our time has been spent on that. The few minutes of spare time I do have is typically spent blowing up UT99 bots and unwinding. :P

Don't worry though, this will be completed once we get settled in our new house. :)

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018, 01:33

Lightning Hunter wrote:The project will still be finished, but real life has prevented me from working as much as before. I have just purchased and moved in to my first home with my family, and there are a lot of projects/fixing to be done (it's an older home). As such, most of our time has been spent on that. The few minutes of spare time I do have is typically spent blowing up UT99 bots and unwinding. :P

Don't worry though, this will be completed once we get settled in our new house. :)

I completely forgot about your map change, sorries. I kinda regret not asking you earlier to release the beta build since it was fairly complete by itself. Maybe if it takes more time than expected?
M'nali

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018, 02:20

Diego96 wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:The project will still be finished, but real life has prevented me from working as much as before. I have just purchased and moved in to my first home with my family, and there are a lot of projects/fixing to be done (it's an older home). As such, most of our time has been spent on that. The few minutes of spare time I do have is typically spent blowing up UT99 bots and unwinding. :P

I completely forgot about your map change, sorries. I kinda regret not asking you earlier to release the beta build since it was fairly complete by itself. Maybe if it takes more time than expected?

I don't want to publicly release the beta build, because it really had nothing in it minus new custom music tracks. It also had no documentation or proper credits. This new version isn't even comparable. It has a complete gameplay overhaul (we're talking dozens of new action sequences and an AI that is 10x smarter), completely re-written translator messages, new sound effects, fixed bugs, better hints, new boss battles and lots of new enemy pawns, new skins, better lighting and visuals, custom decors, and much more. The other version didn't even have 10% of what this version has.

Don't worry, this won't become like Firestorm. All of my projects have seen the light of day, even if they go through minor delays. If I have to, I will just cut back on the custom decors like the stuff seen in the last few posts I made (although this stuff shouldn't take too long once I get more spare time).

User avatar UberPwnr
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019, 00:12

Any updates Lightning Hunter?? I dont want this to be rushed or anything, It'll be done when its done. I'm excited to see this finished tho, because I've never played thru all of RYS due to the awful monster closet style gameplay.

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019, 19:56

Hey UberPwnr, this project is still on hold for now. It was eating up too much time from my current busy schedule. Nowadays, the only stuff I ever do for gaming is minor (like updating my HD Skins pack, which is coming along nicely). Big projects like this will have to wait until I have a schedule that is not so chaotic. I think people here can tell you this is not normally like me; I have never put a project on hold or cancelled anything before, but I also have to have a healthy balance of my family life, work, and my projects!

I would certainly like to get back to this project one day, but I cannot say when that will be at the moment. Of course, if anyone would like a zipped up archive of everything I have accomplished to pick up the work, I would be happy to send it to them. I will not abandon the content in the hope that I or someone else can pick it up one day.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022, 23:30

RYS is my favourite mappack to play in Co-op. Probably my most played mappack to this date. It ranks lower in visual quality compared to most other packs, but is hard to beat in terms of gameplay. Only thing that comes close are, ironically, the Csejte maps (I'd love to see remakes of those), followed closely by the Skaarj Tower/Castle maps.

I'd appreciate to play at least some of the remade maps. I hope those will work with UT.

medor
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022, 07:39

Psychomorph wrote:RYS is my favourite mappack to play in Co-op. Probably my most played mappack to this date. It ranks lower in visual quality compared to most other packs, but is hard to beat in terms of gameplay. Only thing that comes close are, ironically, the Csejte maps (I'd love to see remakes of those), followed closely by the Skaarj Tower/Castle maps.

I'd appreciate to play at least some of the remade maps. I hope those will work with UT.

yes that work with UT
all files RySPakUT and more here http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... er/RySPak/
[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

Previous