Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Quake to Unreal project

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Master_Unreal
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Quake to Unreal project

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011, 17:49

Rob_KC wrote:I know a guy named Master_Unreal who ported the fiend, zombie, knight, and atleas one other quake pawn. I can send that to you.

What I want to know, even though I already know the answer to this, is how you got it, where you got it from. I don't believe I ever sent this to you aaand I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you this could be released.

Not to make a big deal out of this but still, I wouldn't mind a heads-up when you decide to post unfinished stuff
Last edited by Master_Unreal on 22 Feb 2011, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011, 18:23

Master_Unreal wrote:
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:That mod isn't finished people, what Rob posted is a merely a cache rip leak obviously. Wait for the final version, there is thread about it at BUF. In fact the link should be perhaps taken down.

The mod wasn't sent to Rob at all and he wasn't allowed posting it.

What I want to know, even though I already know the answer to this, is how you got it, where you got it from. I don't believe I ever sent this to you aaand I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you this could be released.

Not to make a big deal out of this but still, I wouldn't mind a heads-up when you decide to post unfinished stuff

You quoted wrong person there, I guess you wanted to quote Rob (the way it was quoted looks like if you are talking to me and not Rob).

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011, 18:32

Not exactly, what I meant was I was going along with you, but I could see where one would think what you said

Edited

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011, 01:33

Welcome to the forums Master_Unreal. I love the work on the pawns so far...even if it's unfinished =)

EDIT: Noticed you joined last year...so uh...welcome back to the forums then lol
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011, 12:58

Lol ty :)

I've been absent for a bit the past weeks, a good friend of mine passed away a couple weeks ago and with the move and everything else going on, I haven't felt like doing much

Because I feel like I should though, I may release an unfinished beta of QuakeMPak.u soon, i want to fix a couple major things before I do think about a release and get the next monster I'm working on done :)

User avatar BuddhaMaster
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011, 05:32

jackrabbit wrote:here is the unreleased mod by Gyiyg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mb3sa6-RQ

Thats nice, gives me instant feel like playing Unreal on the Quake Engine.
Well done.

Whats next? Still developing?

I think this would be the proper "Quake" rendition of Deck-16 using Evil-Lair textures I built 2004 ;)
The map is about as big and got a few unique twists- gameplay is mediocre, visuals however were on the higher level...
Image Image

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011, 12:22

:shock: Give us a link!
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

replay88
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 00:00

As far as I'm concerned anyone who thinks Quake to Unreal is a bad project are the scumbags of the earth pure muther fuckers slimeballz dumbshits moronic assinine dillweeds who don't realise Quake 1 is the GODZ of all games !!!
(especialy the "Painkeep" mod)

I don't even want to hear about this copywright shit, it being redone for UT trumps all reality.(or laws)

lol, damn it !!

Speaking of painkeep, hey Waff, can you do a lightning gun that if more than one is standing around the bolt branches out to the other bots-players and fries them all, for EXU ?.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 00:48

Why does this topic keep getting posted on? You guys know this project is totally dead and will probably NEVER happen right? :P

Adaghar doesn't even play Unreal anymore lol.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 01:38

replay88 wrote:...who don't realise Quake 1 is the GODZ of all games !!! (especialy the "Painkeep" mod)

While I don't have any problems with someone doing the conversion (well, apparently they aren't any more) this is kind of it; why would I play a mod of Quake in Unreal when I can just load Quake in a sourceport and have no issues playing it on a modern system along with having access to thousands of mods and maps? Unless it's something quite different like that "Quake in Doom 3" mod I posted here ages ago.
Formerly Mman

replay88
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 04:16

Mman wrote:
replay88 wrote:...who don't realize Quake 1 is the GODZ of all games !!! (especially the "Painkeep" mod)

While I don't have any problems with someone doing the conversion (well, apparently they aren't any more) this is kind of it; why would I play a mod of Quake in Unreal when I can just load Quake in a sourceport and have no issues playing it on a modern system along with having access to thousands of mods and maps? Unless it's something quite different like that "Quake in Doom 3" mod I posted here ages ago.

YaYa I know, still could be done, ya? no?

NO MORE EXCUSES !

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:56

replay88 wrote:As far as I'm concerned anyone who thinks Quake to Unreal is a bad project are the scumbags of the earth pure muther fuckers slimeballz dumbshits moronic assinine dillweeds who don't realise Quake 1 is the GODZ of all games !!!

... Are you calling me a "scumbags of the earth pure muther fuckers slimeballz dumbshits moronic assinine dillweeds" or doesn't that apply to those who think Unreal is the Godmother of all 3D games?

Seriously, I played Quake 1 and it was OK but nothing astounding. It became really interesting when AlienQuake was made. Unfortunately distribution was disallowed and development was stopped (and I still have it on one of my hard disks).

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:15

Oh well at least he didn't say Quake TWO :p
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 15:21

Unreal > (Quake1 + Quake2)

like (visually):
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011, 10:25

Darkon wrote:Unreal > (Quake1 + Quake2)

like (visually):

Uumm... Like...
1999 Epic's epic game graphics > (1996 Id's epic game graphics + shitty-game graphics)
Duh...

Quake is a great game, it is the precursor of all 3D First Person Shooters. The first Real 3D and not pseudo 3D like D3D or Doom.

So, no, I do not agree with "Unreal > (Quake1 + Quake2)" statement.

Unreal != Quake.

Previous Next