Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Unreal Evolution for UT3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 16:58

Sir_Brizz wrote:We haven't decided what to do on the music front, but I'd love to hear what you have in mind. Sign up over on BU and PM me. I'll give you access to our private forum over there.

I'm an artist of music, and i have actually created Unreal music from scratch making it sound 50 times better...

If you remember the ending song to end movie sequence when you beat the game...listen to it....then listen to my re-mastered version of its....

http://boomp3.com/listen/173gun6y8_z/unreal

I made that COMPLETELY from scratch....just by listening to the song and then recreating the notes and sounds in the program i use...

hope u like :)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 17:10

I don't want to rain on your parade but saying that sounds 50 times better is an insult towards the original song.

Tal Rasha
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008, 19:15

Shivaxi wrote:
Sir_Brizz wrote:We haven't decided what to do on the music front, but I'd love to hear what you have in mind. Sign up over on BU and PM me. I'll give you access to our private forum over there.

I'm an artist of music, and i have actually created Unreal music from scratch making it sound 50 times better...

If you remember the ending song to end movie sequence when you beat the game...listen to it....then listen to my re-mastered version of its....

I made that COMPLETELY from scratch....just by listening to the song and then recreating the notes and sounds in the program i use...

dude, i love unreal main title (end game song)
and whe you said you made it sound 50 times better, i coundnt wait to hear it myself. So i donwloaded it, and before i could listen i had to rename it, placing .mp3 in the end.
....... you forgot the intro, which already destroyed the song for me. The sound quality seemed worse than midi... you even changed some notes i personnally disliked.
there are like 2 instruments on your version, while in the original there is 10...
you made no use of strong basses, reverb or delay effects
ill stop here before i turn this too personal

as for unreal revolution, damn this must not die

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008, 19:38

pfft.. better off converting GoW on that damn engine.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008, 23:31

Tal Rasha wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:

and whe you said you made it sound 50 times better, i coundnt wait to hear it myself. So i donwloaded it, and before i could listen i had to rename it, placing .mp3 in the end.
....... you forgot the intro, which already destroyed the song for me. The sound quality seemed worse than midi... you even changed some notes i personnally disliked.
there are like 2 instruments on your version, while in the original there is 10...

Sorry u didn't like it...everyone else i had showed it to loved it...and i know i left out the beginning...i did say that i only remade a part of the song....not the whole thing...

And im not sure what u mean when u say i only used 2 instruments....i used atleast 5 or 6 im sure =/

and i don't know why u didn't hear any bass...check ur equalizer settings?

and i made sure i kept every note the same as it is in Unreal....although it perhaps the sequence is heavily modified as to when and where they come in the song in my version....my version is more of a remix really
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Tal Rasha

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008, 23:48

yes, there is indeed 5 or 6 instruments, i probably got the impression of eptyness comparing both becouse in the original the instruments sound alot more distinct and unique. And still, you remix sound like it was made for doom or duke nukem 3d, i mean, it sound like midi

XepptizZ

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008, 17:07

Shivaxi wrote:
Tal Rasha wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:

Sorry u didn't like it...everyone else i had showed it to loved it...and i know i left out the beginning...i did say that i only remade a part of the song....not the whole thing...

And im not sure what u mean when u say i only used 2 instruments....i used atleast 5 or 6 im sure =/

and i don't know why u didn't hear any bass...check ur equalizer settings?

and i made sure i kept every note the same as it is in Unreal....although it perhaps the sequence is heavily modified as to when and where they come in the song in my version....my version is more of a remix really

Since you've posted the song in a forum, Assumptions should be made that you want an honest to god opinion without any pats on the back, or pats on the back disguising the big jagged dagger thrusting it's way through your spinal cord. And that's good, that's bald and daring. I applaud you for that. And in reward:
I......Don't....Like......It
And apperently no one else with the slightest hint of taste.

Now not to be harsh, I'm pretty sure all your buddy friends who you go kegging with every friday night indeed said they lilked it, but at a certain point this friendship bond is forged where you could show them a dead cat with vomit on it, and they'd still say they liked it.
So whenever you want to feel good about yourselfe and show-off your new found proof of being prodigious, go to your chaps.
For real critisizm without sugarcoated pink fluff, hit the real internet.

As for improvements, everything is told better than I could put it down by others. Now for the cushoning part:
It's a start, you'll get better, everyone starts somewhere, blablabla you get the point. Good luck.

[/rant]

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008, 17:15

XepptizZ?
Still alive?!?! :shock:

How is the unreal playground mod coming? :P

@everyone: As for ranting.. Please be humble when you create something and post it and expect all kinds of comments as constructive ones to help you improve your skills & work.
As for responses.. Please be constructive. Tearing down someone leads nowhere and I'm sure you won't want to be treated likewise.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008, 00:43

Well, i reckon the remix was more of a poor emulation of the original song, BUT i did enjoy it in an 8bit kind of way. It was pretty good that you cou7ld emulate the song note for note, i applaud you there. But otherwise i don't think it could be called a "remix".
Emulating the song note for note does not count as a remix. You need to put your own spin on it. Include some new tingly jinggly sounds in the background. Throw in a totally new dark sounding section to the song. make the whole song sound dark.

You need to add your own flavour to it! :P

Tal Rasha

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:22

jackrabbit wrote:

pfft.. better off converting GoW on that damn engine.

gow is already on UE3
wth you mean?

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008, 15:38

Hey Shivax, Isn't that First part of HardkoreMix part 1 made by Marilyn Manson? http://boomp3.com/listen/bzeq1kw5u_o/hardkoremix-part-1 if you wonder.

iLikeTheUDK
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: Unreal Evolution for UT3

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011, 12:28

Are you making a remake together with BeyondUnreal? If not, then a quite amusing coincidence I've found is that they're doing a remake of U1 using UT3 and it has the exact same name!
They're doing some good job on it, might want to merge with it?
:^3

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011, 13:16

Pointless bump

iLikeTheUDK wrote:Are you making a remake together with BeyondUnreal? If not, then a quite amusing coincidence I've found is that they're doing a remake of U1 using UT3 and it has the exact same name!
They're doing some good job on it, might want to merge with it?

Sir Brizz IS the same one from BeyondUnreal. It's also the same project.
ImageImage

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 06:56

I might have to actually get my copy of UT3 to run worth a damn on my computer if this gets made. Right now it looks worse than Unreal 1.....in software mode.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012, 00:24

A Unreal remake on UT3!?! Cool, but damn, I wish I could get it but I only have UT3 for Xbox 360.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Previous