Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

WTF Series 1 RELEASED!!!

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 00:37

Waffnuffly wrote:If I were you, I would dump all the infiltration stuff.

The buggy M16 as well as Howitzer are from U4E IIRC. And I'm pretty sure of it because U4E despite interesting gameplay offered rather fugly visuals. Grenades are from Infiltration.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

Ryanx69x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:17

Yeah the M16 is definitely from U4e.

Actually about the doors, I looked in UED and saw that you made the doors triggered, so you could just move the trigger for the last door back a little bit and make the radius a bit smaller so the player cant trigger it from the other side. It might work except for the fact that the last door would open a bit earlier than usual. Or you could just make the trigger for the 2nd to the last door open the last door also. Lol I dont know Im makin too much of a big deal out of it. Its still fine as is, you dont have to change it. :tup:

EDIT: Woah I just realized you made the radius for the triggers big as shit lol. NM what I said probably wouldnt work.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:20

Err, U4E then; point still stands.

And U4E has like ten .u files for some reason. What's the deal with that?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:33

The deal with that is that it is because i actually use all of them :rolleyes:

And some of them are binded together...but i still use all of them...and theres not 10...theres like 5 :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:37

Shivaxi wrote:The deal with that is that it is because i actually use all of them :rolleyes:

And some of them are binded together...but i still use all of them...and theres not 10...theres like 5 :P

I wasn't asking why you used them; I was asking why the author of U4E didn't just make one .u file, or three (one for code/models, one for sounds, and one for textures).

Anyway, the door thing was really cool! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in a map before.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 02:07

Waffnuffly wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:The deal with that is that it is because i actually use all of them :rolleyes:

I wasn't asking why you used them; I was asking why the author of U4E didn't just make one .u file, or three (one for code/models, one for sounds, and one for textures).

Anyway, the door thing was really cool! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in a map before.

Well thank you....i suppose it was well worth the 5 hour effort creating those since everyone seems to like them so much :D

And they were not all put in one .u file because they were not all made at the same time...there were several versions of U4E way back in the days...U4EBeta5 is the last release from the creator as far as i know...and those files are from that :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 03:41

Ok...i heard how people did not really like the terrain in Wtf1...so tell me...is THIS better? :P

EDIT: Ignore the tree placement....it's temporary :P

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 06:01

MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!!!! :tup:

Just work on the texturing a bit more.
but seriously, that's a really big improvement there. Are you going to touch up some other areas of this pack as well?

also, in regards to the original terrain area... Is this new version designed to follow the same general layout as the original terrain? It looks quite different.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 07:58

TheIronKnuckle wrote:MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!!!! :tup:

Just work on the texturing a bit more.
but seriously, that's a really big improvement there. Are you going to touch up some other areas of this pack as well?

also, in regards to the original terrain area... Is this new version designed to follow the same general layout as the original terrain? It looks quite different.

Thanx lol...I did not even know about or how to do vertex editing until after i made the maps for wtf series 1...which is why i used terra edit in the first place :P

and i'm not changing the original map...WTF Series 1 is what it is...i did not mean to give the impression that i was re-doing wtf1...

This is...well....call it a sneak peek at WTF Series 2 :P

P.S. The textures are temporary...everytime you edit a vertex in the geometry...the textures reset...so i was just lazy and didn't touch it up for the screenie :P

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 14:47

You should seriously use another grass texture, specifically the standard Unreal one. Apart from that the terrain looks good, albeit still a bit bland! You should put something in the middle to break the area up, for example a building or some crates or whatever fits in the plot.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 17:10

yeah i know just ignore everything else but the terrain...its all temporary...and me and LOL_PEANUTS are going to be making our own grass texture...something more high res than the crappy low res grass textures Unreal has to offer :P

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 19:00

Looking good. But I have to say I'm glad that you'll be replacing the grass texture. I never have liked that particular "green slime" style grass texture.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 20:23

Haha....yeah me neither :P

Previous