Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

WTF Series 1 RELEASED!!!

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 21:51

Hellscrag wrote:There's more to life than Unreal/UT.

Amen to that.

UT is enough for me. I can play Unreal 1 and RTNP with it, plus all the UT contents that are unique to the game (and which I really like). Having two "almost identical" games would lead me to crazyness somehow; plus, I'm now into other things such as real life.

There was one day when I was really interested with the N-Team projects, but there has been no words about them for a reeeeeally long time. Aside the latter period, I say the same for this and the other U1 map packs.
ImageImage

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 22:06

I find it interesting that Hellscrag got it running in UT OldSkool w/o problems. I'll have to consider testing DPA's MP0 under UT OldSkool before releasing it so you guys can have that option as well.

The best solution is to make the pack (ie content) compatible for both games. (even if it requires the UT player to load up oldskool first)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 22:25

Shivaxi wrote:HellScrag: Sorry bout all the trouble...and i'm glad you were able to complete the maps, and glad that your glad you did, that bit makes me feel like it wasn't a big mistake posting here :P

Oh, question: Did you see the credits? Some people told me they did not venture further than the light beam in order to trigger the credits map :P

It certainly wasn't a mistake posting here. There's no need for YOU to apologise; if anything, the rest of us should be apologising to you for creating a scene in your thread.

I didn't see the credits. I did approach the teleporter beyond the light beam, but maybe Unreal was too wrapped up in failing to load wtf4 to actually notice.

jackrabbit wrote:I find it interesting that Hellscrag got it running in UT OldSkool w/o problems.

I didn't. It doesn't work in UT. See above posts re my playing it under my RTNP install.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 22:38

UBerserker wrote:There was one day when I was really interested with the N-Team projects, but there has been no words about them for a reeeeeally long time. Aside the latter period, I say the same for this and the other U1 map packs.

I also haven't received anything from Kajgue in a long while.

Theorically I'm still on the N-Team, and will compose tunes for it until further notice.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:29

Reviewage
http://www.unrealsp.org/community/revie ... ries1.html

Well, that was quick, wasn't it!

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:32

Hellscrag wrote:
Hyper wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:
Frieza wrote:I don't have Unreal installed either, when I play it, I play it through UT

So do I, and I don't have Unreal installed either.

[...]

Go shame yourselves. And Hellscrag: you may need to rename your site to UTSP.org instead of UnrealSP.org with this attitude. :shake:

I have a great deal of respect for you, Hyper, but that attitude is idiotic. I choose to play Unreal through Oldskool as there is no loss of functionality and it enables me to economise on hard disk space. The first time I made that choice, it was because Unreal didn't even RUN on the WinXP machine I was using at the time.

I also have a RtNP 226b install, so you could say I do have Unreal installed... after a fashion.

Get some perspective, friend!

Don't take my post too seriously, but please get my point: Don't forget that the roots of Unreal are with Unreal (1). As long as you can do anything with UT then that's great. But personally, everytime when I run UT and especially coop I miss the Unreal community and it's online world.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:36

Hyper wrote:Don't take my post too seriously, but please get my point: Don't forget that the roots of Unreal are with Unreal (1). As long as you can do anything with UT then that's great. But personally, everytime when I run UT and especially coop I miss the Unreal community and it's online world.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm not a coop player. If I were, doubtless I would have made more of an effort to keep a functional Unreal install. I fully accept that the coop community remains linked primarily to Unreal rather than UT.

I certainly haven't forgotten Unreal's roots. Have you SEEN my travelogue thread? :P

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:45

Hellscrag wrote:Reviewage
http://www.unrealsp.org/community/revie ... ries1.html

Well, that was quick, wasn't it!

God I want to play through the acid trip. Cool.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:48

Waffnuffly wrote:
Hyper wrote:Don't take my post too seriously, but please get my point: Don't forget that the roots of Unreal are with Unreal (1). As long as you can do anything with UT then that's great. But personally, everytime when I run UT and especially coop I miss the Unreal community and it's online world.

Yes, the roots of Unreal are within Unreal 1, but within the Unreal 1 content, not the engine. And what does coop have to do with anything? You can play Unreal coop just fine under UT.

None of your points make any sense. You seem to have misplaced your nostalgia and love of the game in the game's engine instead of the game itself.

I think it's a fair point that most coop (Hyper's speciality) is played in Unreal rather than UT. That's the community to which I think he is referring.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 00:17

I must say that review got me pretty interested.. maybe I should install Unreal just for the heck of it..

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 01:41

oh god....i'm nervous bout the review...well...here goes... *click* :P

EDIT After reviewing review:
Well, I was hoping for something over 50%....and 54% i can live with :lol:

I like the "bad acid trip" lol....i know it was bad, that level was made before i was even a teenager. I tried makin' it more acidy....but the ammount of movers made the level extremely buggy....so i had to keep it the way it was unfortunately.

I'm impressed and very happy with the score for Gameplay Awe...and glad that i can awe people with my map pack 8)

About the lighting: I thought in the second map that it was normal for that indoor type, since lighting inside is usually dull (just take a look in any office building :P )

As for the bugs: i will absolutely start fixing them all, and hopefully a newer release will be in the not-so-distant future.

P.S. What does Technical Execution grade upon? Because i was a bit dissapointed that it was givin a 2 :/

EDIT: P.S. Oh....when i had beta testers testing this....they said that there was not enough ammo...which is why i added more...if you think there is to much...i suppose i can get rid of some :/
Last edited by Shivaxi on 21 Nov 2008, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 02:08

Oh Hellscrag...u want to get on my server sometime and show me where that BSP is in the first map? I can't seem to find it :/
Last edited by Shivaxi on 21 Nov 2008, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 03:27

After "all of the above" I joyfully have Unreal (the ONE and ONLY) installed on my system and have just started WTF. I have so many old DM maps, sp mappacks and mods that I would have it no other way. Then again my box has 3 harddrives so space is not an issue. Everyone has an opinion and position on this one and well versed by all...but for any new projects touching the Unreal world I am most grateful and do not find it such an inconvenience to have the original game installed...especially given the system HD capacities of today....many thanks Shivaxi for this...I'll post more as I play through a bit on the weekend :tup:
Old as Dirt

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 04:59

Your very welcome zbreaker...glad to hear your opinion on things 8)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 07:06

I think the reason you've got a 2 for technical execution would be because your mod is extremely buggy... Technical execution is whether everything works as it is supposed to, whether there are any massive BSP errors that could easily have been avoided. etc.

Previous Next