Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

WTF Series 1 for UT Released

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:31

redeye wrote:Well, when things are pitch black, it don't help, I had to

The map in question has a flashlight that doesn't run out. The map is pitch black for a reason - it's meant to be scary / unsettling, and you will have ruined the effect of large parts of it (especially the very end) by playing it in rmode 4.

Seems a shame to me.
Life is what you make of it.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 02:26

Hellscrag wrote:
redeye wrote:Well, when things are pitch black, it don't help, I had to

The map in question has a flashlight that doesn't run out. The map is pitch black for a reason - it's meant to be scary / unsettling, and you will have ruined the effect of large parts of it (especially the very end) by playing it in rmode 4.

Seems a shame to me.

Well more to it than that, I don't want to spend 3 days trying to figure out how to fix the weapon problem.So I used only enforcers of which I used Godmode.Then considering I can't get the full benefit of the maps, I just blew through it with romode because it was way to dark, but at the same time I wanted to see it.
Plus it runs like a DM.

Has nothing to do with disrespect

I would like to go through as it was meant to be played.I did nothing different than any other map-files, all copied over, right down the line, it should work.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 12:11

redeye wrote:Well more to it than that, I don't want to spend 3 days trying to figure out how to fix the weapon problem.

redeye wrote:I would like to go through as it was meant to be played.I did nothing different than any other map-files, all copied over, right down the line, it should work.

Still I think the others are right and you accidently misplaced a file or two. Check the console/log, it should state what the problem is.
redeye wrote:Then considering I can't get the full benefit of the maps, I just blew through it with romode because it was way to dark, but at the same time I wanted to see it.

And, as Hellscrag pointed out, I think you spoiled the mod for you. Because in all (non-WTF) mappacks everything has the reason and purpose. The corridors are pitch black, but you have infinite flashlight to travel through them. Skaarj wrote some messages in previous map (suppose you didn't bother to read them...) stating that something is hiding in the shadows and once the lights go out the place becomes spooky. And really, playing it in daytime mode spoils the effect IMO.
EDIT: Censored past this point.
Last edited by Jethro on 29 Nov 2008, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 12:13

As loading like a DM = gametype, not the game style :P
ImageImage

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 12:24

UBerserker wrote:As loading like a DM = gametype, not the game style :P

Dumb me then, didn't understood that :)
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 18:43

OK, changed no files

opened in ued (UT)
made gametype "Singlplayer2"
Rebuilt map, not paths nodes
ran from editor
translator worked
guns worked
saved map, different name
closed editor
doubleclicked on map file
worked perfect

as a test for it, although other things like lighting was much different, it made the bandages show as bandages not vials, and had the stock unreal gun.
Troopers dropped old unreal weapons, not UT weapons.

The first gun was missing on the floor

why people don't use UT99 for mapping is beyond any logic these days.
but hey what do I know.

How you guys got it to work, I dunno, or possibly I downloaded the wrong version, mabye.

"UTWTFSeries1.rar"
Just ban everyone

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 18:59

redeye wrote:How you guys got it to work, I dunno, or possibly I downloaded the wrong version, mabye.

Probably a simple matter of launching the game through the Oldskool menus rather than by double-clicking on the map file. However, it would have been better if the mapper had set the defaultgametype up correctly - it would have avoided you having this problem.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 21:42

well like i said....i didn't plan on this being for UT99 anyway...it's not meant to be played with UT or UT weapons or UT health viles...but since so many people complained that they couldn't even load the maps in UT....i figured out what as wrong and fixed it to work with UT....

I played it in UT myself and had no problems...and i stated in the readme how the maps should be loaded...and UT single player people should know to run it through oldskool....im not going to write a whole new tutorial for UT99 when this wasn't supposed to be for UT in the first place...

I rest my case :P

EDIT: And to answer your qusetion RedEye....I don't use UT99 to create maps because personally i find it easier to use the original editor...and i also find more functions available to me (example: disabling the grid)

I know u might say "But Unreal Ed has soooo many bugs and crashes alot." But in reality, it is all how you use it. If u abuse it....it will crash....if not....it won't. The editor has not crashed for me in almost 2 years since the last time i accidntly vertex edited a square polygon out of a square shape and rebuilt it like that :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:17

I had no problems with the UT version. Did you refresh the Custom Map list on the Oldskool map scroller, Red Eye? That's really all you need to do.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:24

I had no problems and I just did what the readme said. I didn't have health vials instead of bandages or anything like that.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:27

It works like any other UT mappacks.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 00:07

Mister_Prophet wrote:I had no problems with the UT version. Did you refresh the Custom Map list on the Oldskool map scroller, Red Eye? That's really all you need to do.

hmm, it sure seems something like that, lol,

I will try again, cuz everything else works, and everybody else had no probs.

WTF
Just ban everyone

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 00:34

Proph wins :tup:

Who would have known a button that says "refresh" on it, it works now heh........dang thing.
Just ban everyone

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 11:08

@shivaxi: Funnily enough, i prefer the old Ued's texture browser....
My first outing in Ued was a simple retexture job on dm-deathfan. Good times: my first HOM, bugz that occur when the map is not rebuilt, frustration because i wanted to make a new room but had no clue what BSP was until 2 years later etc.

lol, i might still have the map on my oldoldold computers hard drive. Just need to find where my old comp is hiding in that mess which is my basement.
Ah well, i've been more productive with UT's Ued....... It's probably better, have engine updates done anything to make it better? meh.
but i still love that Ued1 texture browser..... Nostalgia of the good and bad kind right there.

Hang on, this is the WTF1 thread! :lol: Sorry for the OT reminiscing

Previous