Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 - Discordulator: off [6-9-

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010, 19:54

Sounds like 30% of the enemies is going to benefit by Telefragging immunity :p What happens if said pawn walks over an already placed translocator module? Does he crush it?
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 - Discordulator: off [6-9-

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010, 19:56

The player spawns outside the pawn's collision space no matter what, so un-telefraggable enemies are impossible to kill with the translocator. And 30% sounds like an extraordinarily high estimate :p So far there's only about a dozen classes that are immune, including bosses and stuff like the Hellfighter.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 - Discordulator: off [6-27

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 05:45

I wanted to comment on the flaregun for a second here. The animations are fine, but the reload anim on the drum looks too fast for a part that size. I don't know if you could change that (anim rate or something) but hopefully it'll be even better with some updated sound effects as apposed to the ones I was able to see on your stream. Aside that, I wanted to ask for some serious yet enthusiastic words that could sum up your concept for EXU2 taking into account not simply the hilarious part of it, but the genre type of FPS you're planning on pulling out of it in the final where gameplay varies in later segments and the like, plus, for the concept in general regarding things like story and plot, how would you compliment what you've done with words pertaining to their theme?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 14:14

Regarding the anim rate, I don't think I could slow it down without reducing the ROF, and I have a feeling people will want the higher-than-you'd-expect fire rate for the flare gun :p

About the other... what are you asking, exactly?

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 17:53

Well, I was sort of joking when I asked for it to be described strictly with words, but generally, what I was wondering was, in the vaguest and least spoilery way possible, how would you describe both the gameplay and conceptual directions you are going in the majority of the areas listed above, including story and location, along with specific moods you wish to convey from the player's later experiences in the pack, if at all possible. How the later levels will derive from the first 15's art and gameplay style, and how they might differ in some ways, or be taken into a whole new direction. Generally speaking, how would you describe your perspective of EXU2 in a way similar to how a professional game might be described by its creators to hype the enthusiasm for their potential demographic, while still keeping the majorly important things out of sight until the final?
ModDb Portfolio

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 18:14

I guess: Maximum badassery, Maximum discord, Maximum carnage, Maximum obliteration would be a start. That and this sums it up surprisingly well for being both hilarious (video) and awesome (music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClChdixj ... rm0v6DiBuw

[Edit] lol holy shit 800 posts, god damn, how about Maximum not-shutting-the-fuck-up-on-the-forums

[Edit2] Maximum GPF

Maximum Engine-Limitation-Hitting-Bullshittery-of-Doom

Maxint

Maximum Pissing-Off-UArchitect-With-My-Shitty-Code
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 30 Jun 2010, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 18:17

Maximum overload.
ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 23:33

Waffnuffly wrote:Maximum Pissing-Off-UArchitect-With-My-Shitty-Code

Way to slip that one in there.
ModDb Portfolio

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 13:11

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:Way to slip that one in there.

That's what she said.

Waffnuffly wrote:Maximum Engine-Limitation-Hitting-Bullshittery-of-Doom

Once 227 becomes final, I'd like to see UT get the same attention. (Which might/might not/probably won't happen*)

*If people stop gibbing on about how "THIS NEW PATCH WILL BREAK UT, Y U DO DIS? /cut"

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 17:00

It probably won't happen. If it does, it will be long after I've quit working with UE1 anyway :p

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:29

Well, Smirf already made a proposal to the UT community for another patch (475) but they pretty much told him to STFU and GTFO since nobody believed he has the source to make such a patch.

UT with 227's features would rawk, I can't seen any reason why people wouldn't want such a patch. StaticMesh Support ftw.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:42

Or maybe nobody believed that he had the permission from Epic for another thing.
ImageImage

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 19:14

Gizzy wrote:Well, Smirf already made a proposal to the UT community for another patch (475) but they pretty much told him to STFU and GTFO since nobody believed he has the source to make such a patch.

UT with 227's features would rawk, I can't seen any reason why people wouldn't want such a patch. StaticMesh Support ftw.

What FOOLS! Since when is bugfixing wrong! I don't believe this! I'd tear such "geniuses" apart...

I do hope that Smirf goes ahead nevertheless.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15

OK whatever guys this is all totally irrelevant to everything

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 19:33

Son of a bitch, I hate cardigan sweaters! Stupid pieces of cloth that don't even deserve to be called clothes, that's what they are. I hate them bad.

I do have a relevant question, though. I was wondering, after seeing some of the things that have been done to the EXU2 Vortex Rikers, what will the final product of the Batshit Insane campaign consist of in terms of creature types and level themes. Essentially what I'm asking is this: in the final, is it your intent on replacing most of the creatures from earlier maps with demon creatures and the other creatures that generally associate with their given level themes, like hypers, shockers, shitters, bios, and others, plus the ice creatures in the terraniux levels, or will some of the less theme-driven pawn classes still be kept in for certain situations such as arrow brutes and other updated derivatives of the original EXU1's oppositional forces?
ModDb Portfolio

Previous Next