Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[u1] Mission Pack Zero

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 22:50

Waffnuffly wrote:
TheIronKnuckle wrote:i can believe it is coincidence and find humour in the joke at the same time. Don't worry. And the only media that matter counts don't cover things like obscure mods for old games so you don't need to worry really.

Actually, more small sites cover stuff like this than you might think. I googled for EXU2 and found a number of sites covering the recent Demo 3 release in some way or another that I never had heard of.

GameFaQs!
ImageImage

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 23:21

Why not "Team VERSUS", versus as against criticizm...

(serious)Joke aside, glad new mappack comin, want moooaaarr.

Edit:
Or, "Team VVerteks"

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 00:55

after having another in depth conversation about the team name with the members, we ultimately agreed that "Team Vertex" is in fact too closely related to the existing "Team Vortex". We have carefully chosen a new name for the team:

Team Axis

On behalf of the team, we thank this site for so quickly including our project in the Upcoming Maps portion of the site. This could very well be the key to trigger some of the much needed support for our project. Thanks :)

Waffnuffly wrote:Anyway, the first screens look interesting. Are you going to post more info in a project thread or use this one?

Well, I think this thread is better suited for updates. I think the way the forum works now is a tad bit confusing because of the two separate topics.. but maybe we can convince someone to delete the other one and only have this one listed in the forum.
stick around... more news to come....

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 01:19

:tup:

What I would (and did :P) do, though, is post a Projects thread full of info. Since this thread is meant specifically for the upcoming maps page, you can't edit the first post as much with info and such--you can really only update a few things, and you can't provide download links directly when the project is done.

If you make a new thread in Projects, you can control everything that goes into the first post, and then just have THIS thread refer to that and keep all the commentary in one place or another. It may help keep info more organized, and there's much more flexibility in how you present information in your own thread. You can include lots of screenshots and details and stuff that otherwise might not fit here. :) If you did that and wanted to keep discussion in one place, I'm sure Scrag or another mod would split and move posts from this thread into your projects thread.

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 09:56

Good to see new projects in progress! :tup:

Loke
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 15:07

Awesome, nice to see some new projects pop up. Looking forward to it.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 19:37

jackrabbit wrote:...but maybe we can convince someone to delete the other one and only have this one listed in the forum.

I don't fully understand. You only have the one thread.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 01:12

Hellscrag wrote:
jackrabbit wrote:...but maybe we can convince someone to delete the other one and only have this one listed in the forum.

I don't fully understand. You only have the one thread.

not sure about that Hellscrag. The post count on the other thread is 8 and on this one its 21/22 (my post in mind). This means they are functioning as 2 separate threads in theory. I find this a bit unorganized, but as Waffnuffly said, this one can be basically put aside while the other is used for project updates.

I would honestly keep Projects section as a temporary "holding cell" for Map projects in Upcomming maps and delete those topics when moved while keeping those "other" projects like Doom, Deus Ex, and Unreal->UT2KX conversions in the Projects section. After all, its not like I have to update the first post with project updates directly, when I could simply just post a reply here with project updates.
Last edited by jackrabbit on 11 Mar 2009, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 01:16

That is the "moved" thread, which is just a ghost linking to this one ;)

Scrag you may want to prevent those from appearing. I am pretty sure phpBB can hide Moved: thread placeholders.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 19:13

Waffnuffly wrote:That is the "moved" thread, which is just a ghost linking to this one ;)

Scrag you may want to prevent those from appearing. I am pretty sure phpBB can hide Moved: thread placeholders.

phpBB provides the option to not leave a ghost thread in the first place. I've been leaving them deliberately, as I assumed that people would want to a retain a link across from the general projects forum. Having said that, it is starting to look a little untidy...

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 22:50

Are any more places other than Vortex Rikers going to be visited, like going out into Nyleve, or is there completely new areas?

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 01:11

Thats a good question, but the awnser is not yet certain. What I can tell you is that you will not be replaying the old maps at all (with the exeption of the modified Vortex Rikers ship). At best, you will see part of one of the original maps off in the distance to give a timeframe between you and 849. As for Evelyn, you might catch a cutscene in that map after you exit the Vortex Rikers. Were not sure.

As the project goes along, we may pick a map out of the original game to create some sort of connection between the events of 849 and your following journey. As I said, none of this is certain..

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 16:27

Wouldn't it make sense to utilize NyLeve as well, seeing as the Vortex Rikers crashed there? :P
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 18:32

sana wrote:Wouldn't it make sense to utilize NyLeve as well, seeing as the Vortex Rikers crashed there? :P

jackrabbit wrote:....As for Evelyn, you might catch a cutscene in that map after you exit the Vortex Rikers. Were not sure.

NyLeve = Evelyn
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 18:35

Holy crap, I never noticed that before. Does that mean NyLeve's Falls was named after someone related or close to the Unreal designers?

Previous Next