Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Was Zephon ever patched?

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009, 07:03

Who was Zephon's team leader?

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009, 07:33

Derdak2rot :o

User avatar Derdak2rot
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 13:46

hard times for me lately , i cant get much work into the editor like i used to do in the past .. but i wont complaint , its part of life and i take it how it is :)

subject is , im still thinking of upgrading zephon , but others projects im working on are prior to that for now .. this also bring some changes and differents feelings over the 2 years we were working on zephon , that was long and harassing work , a break is better to come later with fresh ideas on it .. no need to stress everyone out for now :)

the SP is indeed in need of fixes , regarding that we were concentrating on coop aspect first , we ( or i ) forgot to spend enough time on the difficulty and gameplay for SP experience .. apologies for that .

when other of my commitments are done , i would be glad to rework on it , and maybe set up a new team to expand the mapcount and interest for SP .
all the great work made by the team will not go to waste , after all , it was our first try at true mappack , and i dont think it was that bad , there is a good base for something more interesting :)

sorry again for not being in touch with community more often , hopefully motivation will come back and work on the project will start again :)

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 May 2009, 00:26

Well I've basically dropped off the face of the Earth, but I'm free for this week since I have no obligations on my hand. If there would be some people willing to do some extensive testing for the difficulty curve, I'm sure we can work on at least as much so that the basics for the mod are fixed, i.e. sufficient health and ammo for the SP campaign. I'm free this week so I can try to do my best, but if someone else could help with the maps it'd be great (Carthage?). We'd also need a few people to send updated versions of maps to, probably to their e-mail addresses. It's not much, but it's a start. Zephon could then be released as the 2nd version of the mod, instead of the current 1.2 version. I don't know, any ideas?
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 May 2009, 11:33

I've played Zephon and really enjoyed it until just before halfway (on Unreal difficulty) but (I don't remember exactly where) once the transition took place from really hard but doable to impossible for mere mortals like me, I Godded through the rest and later tried on easy (which wasn't much better).

A revamp (and extension) would certainly renew my interest in Project Zephon.

(and for the record - some of the architecture seen in Zephon IS awesome - no complaints in that area at all)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 May 2009, 13:45

Would like to contribute (again) to check and test the updated maps, if possible.
ImageImage

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 May 2009, 20:40

If at least half (or a quarter) of the team assuredly re-assembles again, count me in here. :) I'm going to be a little overburdened but I'll try budgeting my time. I'm likely to need clearance from a few other mods for this at the very least. Whoever's soul is willing enough can help us test each of the difficulties of every map keeping track of inventory and enemy balance.

cornel001
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 19:04

I dont see whats too difficult in rebalancing that fucked gameplay. Its not necessary reworking arhitecture and stuff...
So beautiful mappack, so bad screwed. gameplay fine (normal diff) until certain point.
If youre making a map for general public availability please dont make it while you are drunk. If that, please keep it for yourself.
Unreal addict

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 19:40

How about getting some less shitty attitude and think that every person has their real life outside Unreal?
ImageImage

cornel001

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 19:46

If you think that "If cant make it properly then dont make it" is a shitty attitude, then I dont have an answer.
I'm sick of ppl make me shitty after I already get frustrated by that SHITTY gameplay.
Unreal addict

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 20:30

cornel001 wrote:If you think that "If cant make it properly then dont make it" is a shitty attitude, then I dont have an answer.
I'm sick of ppl make me shitty after I already get frustrated by that SHITTY gameplay.

Shut up. Making good gameplay is not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination. It takes LOTS of time, patience, trial-and-error, and experience to do it right. And even people who are good at gameplay design make mistakes. Even professionally-made retail games struggle with this!

Telling people not to even release projects because the gameplay isn't up to spec is no way to help mappers improve their skills.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 20:40

Sure, you have the rights to define Zephon's gameplay being shitty (because, right now, it pretty much does in the second half of the pack), but I don't think any of the mappers were drunk when making the maps. Trust me, if they were sadistic enough, the results would have been FAR worse. Like Unreality, for example (if you want to know real shit gameplay, check this latter pack).

The work on the patch has been halted almost two years ago due to RL problems (I am/was a helper for the patch - also: see the previous posts).
It's not like we're taking three months just to delete a Skaarj Warrior; plus, making good gameplay in a map, by taking in consideration all the difficulties, filters, events and also any type of bugs isn't an easy task. There's much more than that.

Of course, you can join if the team re-assembly once again (which I don't see it happening soon) and be of help.
ImageImage

cornel001

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 21:11

Sorry, I was too nervous.
Unreal addict

Previous