UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Map release - Oceanside Mansion thing

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Map release - Oceanside Mansion thing

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 17:28

Sure, I'll reupload it. Let me see if I've got the map on hand (at work currently); if not, it'll be when I get back home.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 17:29

thx! :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 17:42

This SHOULD be the right version... I think. Can't remember if the original archive had a readme file. If anyone has the original, feel free to reupload it and I'll double-check to be sure I didn't miss anything. There was also an EXU2BI dependency in this map which I removed, possibly also in the original, so let me know if you can't load the map due to missing package errors.

[Edit] Here, updated readme a bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ow2or9lefzecrj

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 02:14

thx!
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

dntt
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015, 17:14

Does anyone have a working link? I'd like to try this map, it looks pretty nice.

I know it's been a long time, sorry for the bump.

Btw, does anybody know why I can't read the reviews in the news section @ http://www.unrealsp.org? I get a "you are not authorised to read this forum." message.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Argentina.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015, 06:33

I don't have the map, but I know those reviews not being readable is a site bug. You can still go to the legacy page to look at the older reviews, though.

dntt
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015, 16:04

I get the same error @ legacy, it seems to redirect me to the new site no matter what. Tried several links to no avail.

It happens with Chrome, FF and IE. I'm on WinXP SP3, maybe that's the problem (lol).

Anyways, thanks AlCapowned for replaying so soon.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015, 21:05

Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

dntt
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015, 23:43

Yes, it works just fine. I have already read all the reviews on that page. But I can't do the same with the ones posted on the news section. Like these ones, for example:

forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3198
forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2979
forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2005

It's not such a big deal, but it is a shame. I love reading about other people's take on maps I've already played (to appreciate finer details), and it's a great way to discover some forgotten gem that managed to slip through my attention.

Unreal is such a lovely game, even after all these years.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015, 09:21

Oh, yeah, sorry. I just noticed that you already wrote in the previous post that you want to see the reviews from the news section. Actually, I have been wondering the same, if there's a possibility to view them :D
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

dntt
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015, 15:39

So it's not just me? That's weird. Since those links don't work even at the legacy site, are all those reviews lost? If they are not, a simple "search and replace" should be enough to fix them.
Maybe publish them as separate forum threads?

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015, 03:37

I'm sure they are not lost but rather the site is kind of in between verison 2 and version 3. Making matters worse, version 2 was never fully finished.

If you want to encourage ividyon to work on the site more try to be nice to him - he finances the site out of his pocket and works on it in his previous little free time. Maybe link him this video.

Also wasn't there some other person who was supposed to help ividyon and got a gold name out of it, even those the only code they contributed got thrown away? What was that slacker's name again?

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015, 04:24

The Fifth Vortex's review can be found in the thread in project presentation, but I think that's the only one.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015, 18:13

ebd wrote:Also wasn't there some other person who was supposed to help ividyon and got a gold name out of it, even those the only code they contributed got thrown away? What was that slacker's name again?

Hehe :D
Well I'm still waiting for Star Shoal Chronicles: Episode Infinity, and I can tell you I like your writing style, if that's any encouragement!

► Show Spoiler
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Previous