ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Starting a coop server

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Starting a coop server

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 16:13

Guys I run a site/servers for UT99 Monsterhunt at www.ultimatemonsterhunt.com and I'd like to add a coop server to the mix. Is there a decent step-by-step guide to accomplish this from a dedicated server perspective? I'm quite familiar with server management, but the running of a coop one is not familiar to me.

Thanks for any input!

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 18:53

For UT, you will need to use the Oldskool mod to create a Coop server. Unreal, however, provides a coop mode as standard.

Having got the server started in a coop gametype, you might want to look at our own Coop Server guide:

http://www.unrealsp.org/community/serverguide.html
Last edited by Hellscrag on 10 Jul 2009, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 18:55

you will need to find a way to change the game type between map packs. many Oldskool packs use the included Oldskool co-op mode, like old Unreal maps and the Unreal campaign itself, but several UT99 campaigns like 7 Bullets and Operation Na Pali have their own co-op gametypes
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009, 19:14

Gentlemen, thank you! I will be researching this heavily the next couple of days.

Im curious, can mapvoteLA cover the mod issue, or can you declare it in the level info? Surely someone has overcome this.

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009, 00:03

UPDATE....

Got the server sorted. It's running Na Pali and also Attacked (thank you Waff) and I will add more later. If anyone needs help on setup, I pretty much figured it out. I won't post the IP as I'm not sure if that is allowed.