This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Nali Weapons II X

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Nali Weapons II X

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009, 12:27

Well, I released this weapon pack for some time now, but I didn't want to spoil them here in these forums since I am developing a SP with them, and I would like to introduce them here only when I finished my entire project. It happens that this pack had a much bigger success and apreciation than what I expected to say the truth, and so some SP mappacks developers already know these and there's already one mapper that is using this pack to develop his own SP (who you know by the nick of zacman).
So, since this pack will be known to some anyway, and since the 80% of new things (models, coding, etc) will be only known once I release my SP, I decided to finally introduce it here in these forums. Enjoy:

For the ones who still don't know what is this about, here's:
- The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1HoD5u3es
- The nuclear explosions video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFC6v8Fa2sM
- And the official website with everything you need to know: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/

Now if you are know what this pack is about, then check the list of changes, fixes and addons of this new version here: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/index.php?page=NaliX

And finally, the downloads:
Nali Weapons II X version (Client): http://www.filefront.com/NaliWeaponsIIX ... einfo.html

Nali Weapons II X configured inis for MH (to work properlly with UTJMH v2.9): http://www.filefront.com/13547429/MHSer ... ingsX.rar/

Enjoy :)

Last edited by Feralidragon on 28 Jul 2009, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009, 13:32

I tried to download this, but it downloaded it as a windows media player file. Is this normal? Will it all still work? :/

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009, 13:37

Sorry, outdated download link. Edited my post, there are active links in moddb.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 16:08

Sorry for double post, but just to say I updated the download links (first post):
they are now set to filefront (did the same in ut99.org, since they were dead).

Also, here are some screens:

For videos go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1HoD5u3es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFC6v8Fa2sM

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 05:47

UltimaProtos=FUN

Also, I used the Megaton in a room with about 200 Skaarj (A map now cut from TUT, but megaton still used) and there wasn't even bloodsplats left!!!
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 16:02

Just got round to using it. Here is what I think of the weapons:

War Ready Enforcer: A bit big for a normal handgun in my opinion. Shame you can't hold 2. I got a headshot with it.

Flame Tracker: He he he. It's a flamethrower. :tup:

Bolt Rifle: Not quite the same as the ASMD, but good in it's own way. The combo is really good.

Gravity-Thingy: I can't use this very well in combat, but I love playing SpaceNoxx with this, so I can just drop my opponents into space. :twisted:

Freezer: Name reminds me of the thing you store food in. I love turning people to ice & then they shatter to peices. Alt fire is like the stinger but cooler. cooler, get it? Sometimes my own jokes scare me...

Vulcan: Yeehah! My favourite weapon by far, I love running around ripping everyone to bits. :twisted:

Miner: I can't use this one very well & no one hits the mines so I tend not to bother with it.

Multi-Rocket Launcher Thingy: fun, although I prefered the original.

InfraRed Sniper: I kept trying to shoot people the other side of walls. It'll take a while to get used to, but otherwise a very useful weapon. :)

Mini Robot Firing Thing: eat my little robots opposition.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 04:22

Have you tried the Uber Weapons yet? (UltimaProtos, Megaton, Nuke Launchers)
You have to Enable them in the options screen. THe Redeemer will cycle through them and the Cybot Launcher.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 00:20

Tried all the weapons out. Nucleur Launcher LV5 + god mode + allammo = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :tup: :tup:

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 07:29

Legendslayer222 wrote:Tried all the weapons out. Nucleur Launcher LV5 + god mode + allammo = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :tup: :tup:

UltimaProtos is better... The blast lasts about 2 minutes :lol:
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 10:41

zacman wrote:
Legendslayer222 wrote:Tried all the weapons out. Nucleur Launcher LV5 + god mode + allammo = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :tup: :tup:

I know, but the nuclear launcher fires rockets at normal rocket launcher speed... Who needs rocket jumping now? :P

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009, 10:46

zacman wrote:

Actually, both UltimaProtos and Nuclear Launcher Lvl5 have exactly the same explosion effect.
The only difference is that UltimaProtos one has zoom, with core range drawing, and shoots a straight energy, while the Nuclear Launcher uses a missile, than can be locked to go to a specific location after a certain delay time.

Also, I am going to improve all the weapons for my SP (I will keep the models (althought I planned to do all the models again, but I won't do new ones now), I will just enhance the skins and effects, performance wise of course).

I will change also the UltimaProtos explosion to something way better and faster, since the effects doesn't look as good as I wanted to and I have new ways and new ideas to make more realistic shocks, including dust rings, and it lasts to long (and 3 shocks I think it's too much, so I will take one out).
For me, UltimaProtos must give the player a feeling of max power, and for me it doesn't give you the right feeling yet, it must feel you're holding a "ready to explode big volcano in the center of a city", but I don't know even with improvements if I can achieve that effect.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009, 04:02

Feralidragon wrote:
zacman wrote:

Actually, both UltimaProtos and Nuclear Launcher Lvl5 have exactly the same explosion effect.
The only difference is that UltimaProtos one has zoom, with core range drawing, and shoots a straight energy, while the Nuclear Launcher uses a missile, than can be locked to go to a specific location after a certain delay time.

Also, I am going to improve all the weapons for my SP (I will keep the models (althought I planned to do all the models again, but I won't do new ones now), I will just enhance the skins and effects, performance wise of course).

I will change also the UltimaProtos explosion to something way better and faster, since the effects doesn't look as good as I wanted to and I have new ways and new ideas to make more realistic shocks, including dust rings, and it lasts to long (and 3 shocks I think it's too much, so I will take one out).
For me, UltimaProtos must give the player a feeling of max power, and for me it doesn't give you the right feeling yet, it must feel you're holding a "ready to explode big volcano in the center of a city", but I don't know even with improvements if I can achieve that effect.

Nooo! Don't take out one of the rings :(
ImageImage

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009, 15:36

zacman wrote:Nooo! Don't take out one of the rings :(

Why not? Personally I think the explosion looks a bit stupid with 3 shocks.
I mean, there are true nuclear weapons that release 2 shocks (not just one like most of you think, some nuclear explosions release 2 shocks, where 1 catches the other and merge, rising its destructive power and range), but now the 3rd shock should be the EMP wave also released from a nuclear weapon, not a fully destructive one.

While the explosion effect time will be faster, there will be some aftereffects I wanted to add when I first developed this weapon, problem was I had no effects skill of that level, and now I have some (practised when I made the effects of the XPickups powerups, such as UDamage for example).

But no worries, since I will release then 2 final versions of this pack (one for MH and normal matches, and another specially integrated for SP mapping with a less filesize), I might keep this explosion and just fix the bugs, but the sp one will be really changed, since I don't want the explosion to look that ugly in my honest opinion.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 02:45

Feralidragon wrote:
zacman wrote:Nooo! Don't take out one of the rings :(

Why not? Personally I think the explosion looks a bit stupid with 3 shocks.
I mean, there are true nuclear weapons that release 2 shocks (not just one like most of you think, some nuclear explosions release 2 shocks, where 1 catches the other and merge, rising its destructive power and range), but now the 3rd shock should be the EMP wave also released from a nuclear weapon, not a fully destructive one.

While the explosion effect time will be faster, there will be some aftereffects I wanted to add when I first developed this weapon, problem was I had no effects skill of that level, and now I have some (practised when I made the effects of the XPickups powerups, such as UDamage for example).

But no worries, since I will release then 2 final versions of this pack (one for MH and normal matches, and another specially integrated for SP mapping with a less filesize), I might keep this explosion and just fix the bugs, but the sp one will be really changed, since I don't want the explosion to look that ugly in my honest opinion.

aye, now I think of it, three is good in MH, but in an SP... Just Onew would anihalate an entire platoon of Scarred Ones :shock:
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 20:57

interesting vids.. I'll give it a try and summon the bunch into unreal.. and see what mess it'll make...

Next