Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 21:26

PREVIEW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75H1kzKC7lY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyl7xY-2HM

Weapons
ImageImageImageImageImage

Modifiers
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I can't show any nuke since I didn't got there yet, so for those who actually know the previous pack and its nukes, you can already imagine the quality difference from the old nukes to the ones which are yet to be produced. ;)

Core Features:

Implented and working, both offline and online:

* Dynamic Coronas and LensFlares (no color blending, as it's not rendered on Canvas)
* Carcasses and "chunks" FX (flames and other effects)
* BSP "chunks/debris" FX (client-side only, and only appears when Decals are enabled)
* "Shockwave" special FX: new "shake" system (more realistic than UT standard one), timed effects, shock aproximation based FX
* New water effects (including instant-hit support)
* Weapon overlayers, glows/lights and effects
* New respawn FX: the respawn color can be customized, by a specific color or team based (support in all standard team gametypes)
* Ammo animation on respawn
* New crosshairs (discrete ones this time, not those big ugly ones like in the previous pack)
* New decals
* Totally new firing/projectile effects
* Hand rendering on the weapon: optional (can be visible or not, your choice) and doesn't get affected by the weapon effects (like UDamage, Modifiers, etc)
* Dynamic color projectiles (projectiles which color fades to others with the time)

Yet to implement:

* Hand(s) on weapon rendering:
a) Skin rendering depending on model, skin and team of the player (human, skaarj, ..., red team, blue team...)
b) Hand customization support: associate custom hand skins to models (standard or custom)
c) Hand "fatness" update regarding the "Fat mutator" from UT

* Weapon/Ammo/Pickup Replacer (fully customizable, being able to choose which weapon replaces which)
* "Not enough ammo" message when can't fire weapon due to lack of ammo
* "Special Mesh System" (?): mesh based actors with the "disappearing" bug fixed (tested and working, but not sure if I will implement it in the core)

New Weapons:
This pack will feature 17 different weapons, and 6 "utilities" which will be located at the 1st weapon slot.

- Weapons:

* War Ready Enforcer (WRE): Remake (Done)
* Flame Tracker: Remake (Done)
* Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Super Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Graviton: Remake
* Freezer: Remake
* Vulcan: Remake
* The Miner: Remake
* MultiMissile Launcher: Remake (Done)
* InfraRed Precision Rifle (IRPR): Remake
* Cybot Launcher (Cybots): Remake
* MegaTon: Remake
* UltimaProtos: Remake
* Nuclear Launcher: Remake
* Nuclear Deployer: NEW
* Nuclear Remote Device: NEW
* Ionizer: NEW (return from Nali Weapons v1.4, only works if a satelite is on the air [see utilities below])

- Utilities:

* Spawner: NEW (spawns weapons, ammo, pickups, etc)
* MegaTon Decoder: Remake
* MegaTon Password: Remake
* Satelite Deployer: NEW (return from Nali Weapons v1.4, basically a satellite where an ion based attack can come and where you can see around like a camera)
* Cybot Controller - Order Giver: NEW (to be able to give orders to the cybots, like you do with bots)
* X-Binocules: NEW (to look at long distances and to retrieve info about a traced pawn: health, distance, name, team, etc)
* (Perhaps another utility? Like a jetpack or something lol, idk)

Differences relative to the old pack:

* View bob restored
* Higher quality (animations, effects, models, skins, etc...)
* Much lower pings (net code fully optimized)
* Full bot support (I really mean it, even if I have to "teach/force" bots how to deploy mines and nukes properlly)
* "Visual" lag: only in Max Detail Settings (Nali Weapons configuration file) and only having too many weapons/ammo in view

* Bigger filesize, but only regarding the ENTIRE PACK: in the previous pack, all the weapons and core were integrated into a single 80Mb pack, which was a huge mistake. This time Nali Weapons III will be divided like this:

a) Core file (about 15Mb on release, 11Mb currently)
b) One file per weapon/utility (between 2Mb and 9Mb, depending on the weapon features itself: more or less effects, projectiles, etc)
c) 3 configuration files: Nali Weapons III main ini, Weapons Configuration ini (specific weapon settings), Hands Customization ini
d) A Nuclear Pack (since the Nuclear Launchers, Deployers and Remote devices will use the same nuclear effects): perhaps around 10Mb

This brings several advantages:
- Just use the weapons you want in the server (clients won't download what you aren't using in the server, nor load them)
- New clients will see a "smaller" pack instead (with a good redirect, the clients will actually wait and won't notice the pack
size), and the ones reading this, in case they want to try it, might download it and install it first instead;
- Possibility to expand the pack without massive updates (either by me or anyone else), as well to fix specific bugs regarding specific weapon

Just one disadvantage though:
- If the core has some sort of terrible bug going on, or just an annoying one, I have 2 options:
a) Fix the core, don't rename it and release it as a patch - but people will get mismatches and that's bad
b) Fix the core, rename it and then I have to recompile every single weapon and pack associated so they can work with the new core, which means a massive version update (the whole pack release again), which is bad as well.
Last edited by Feralidragon on 11 Jun 2011, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 1 (Video and Screenshots)

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 21:57

Yes x6 to this.

Thanks god there are no Kaal in this forum :p
ImageImage

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 23:21

I've had so much fun with Nali Weapons 2, can't wait for this! \o/ \o/ :tup: :tup:

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 01:30

quite a thing indeed, the weapon modifiers and the flame tracker look particularly badass

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 01:46

Feralidragon wrote:Just one disadvantage though:
- If the core has some sort of terrible bug going on, or just an annoying one, I have 2 options:
a) Fix the core, don't rename it and release it as a patch - but people will get mismatches and that's bad
b) Fix the core, rename it and then I have to recompile every single weapon and pack associated so they can work with the new core, which means a massive version update (the whole pack release again), which is bad as well.

I think A is the way to go. Just make it very very clear what version is what, what version is current, etc. and make sure people are responsible for staying updated; post announcements in all the usual places when you do update, etc.

Also UArchitect and I have been marveling at your awesome solution for the Flametracker's steam blast thing. It really looks great; I never would have guessed it was a mesh with sync'd animations :o

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 02:13

I'm also gonna chime in say that these look good, and that the exhaust effects on the flamethrower are fucking win :tup:

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 13:12

let us wait a moment while his inbox runneth over

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 17:17

Did the modifies exist in Nali weapons 2 and where is NWI? :O

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 18:07

UArchitect wrote:let us wait a moment while his inbox runneth over

What? People actually do that? Well, anyway, NW2 was badass, really, so a "sequel" of sorts, especially after what we've seen, is awesome. Can't wait to blow shit into the sky, man, this stuff looks great, fantastic, wonderful, and, um, epic, man, really great stuffs and all.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 18:44

sweet vid.. :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 22:05

whaaaaaaaaaat

This looks badass...how come i've never heard of nali weapons before?

man, i wanna port these to Unreal now haha :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 23:29

Honestly I am surprised that people used to high quality stuff are impressed with this kind of mod :o
Thank you very much :D

Now answering more specific questions:

Zombiehunter wrote:Did the modifies exist in Nali weapons 2 and where is NWI? :O

Yes, they were actually implemented on the first time in NW2, and that's why this pack was adopted in some MH servers. But they didn't look like this and the NW2 pack has more than a year (going to 1 year and half).
Regarding NW1, it was a really short pack featuring 6 new weapons only and nothing of modifers or nukes.
You can see them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBE5kUWoM_k (they're nothing special, just my first weapon mod, novice style).

Shivaxi wrote:whaaaaaaaaaat

This looks badass...how come i've never heard of nali weapons before?

man, i wanna port these to Unreal now haha :P

Well, afaik, I posted on this forum about them, and it was mentioned as theme of one topic at oldunreal regarding rendering issues (which the solution is to revert to v436 instead of using v451). :P
Either ways, it doesn't surprise me at all that lots of people still don't know about this pack, but if you want to know more details, if I may, here's my personal blog/website about it:
http://feralidragon.blogspot.com/

Plus, I think I saw also one or another post asking if it was possible to make that conversion :lol: (besides the port to UT2k4 and UT3 like some people wanted as well).

In a last note: Nali Weapons 2 was successfull and considered the best and most complete pack regarding nukes and certain types of weapons, with some quality (not my words, other people's words who played this pack). So basically, anyone today that loves nukes and plays UT, knows for sure Nali Weapons 2, since it has the biggest ones but with a logic attached (not just shoot and spam).
In my personal opinion, I don't think Nali Weapons 2 is a good pack, nor in quality or gameplay, and I pretend to destroy and bury NW2 with NW3 (pretty much like I did with NW1), however I wonder if people are already getting impressed with the new "basic" weapons, what people will say when I actually show the "real deal" weapons that made the previous pack a success: Graviton, Cybots, IRPR and the whole set of nuclear weapons. I hope to not disappoint anyone by then nor cause any heart attacks (because it might be one or another, based on the feedback so far).

Once again, thanks for the feedback (I didn't really even imagine to have such comments in such forum, where quality is the everyday basis). :tup:

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 00:13

This should totally go on the front page :tup:
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 03:15

WhirlWindWabbit wrote:This should totally go on the front page :tup:

It's a great-looking mod, but it's still not what this site is about. ;)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Legendslayer222

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 09:32

It would be awesome to see a SP with Nali Weapons in it! :D Where did Zacman go, he was making a mod with the NW2 Vulcan right?

Also with NW3 I think they are much better than UT's actual weapons in some cases! :o :tup:

Next