Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Grave of the Machine

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Grave of the Machine

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 22:02

Corrupt savefiles so I had to start again.
This time it took me less than an hour to remove all resistance before the Titan (around 350 kills I think). Savegame works.
I actually got past the Titan, took some serious damage but got to the redeemer with 9 health left (allammo and used nothing but the razorjack to kill the Titan), then jumped in, killed the rest of the vermin or at least I thought so because some hidden Krall got me just as I was going to fill up on health.
No problem, as I said samegame works now (and I copied it to a safe place).

I have a question. You said not to use the Redeemer because I'll need it for the Bridge. Since I went for the Redeemer first, then allammo'd for the razors, I have a fully loaded Redeemer, instead of only 1 warhead. Is it acceptable to continue using that Redeemer on the bridge or should I only use it once?

edit at 23:58: Titan and allies are history now. I'm ready to go down that pipe, in fact I've already killed 3 or 4 Slith but there are tons of Slith down there, so I'm hesitating.

User avatar armymen
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 05:13

nice
WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 05:47

salsaSkaarj wrote:Corrupt savefiles so I had to start again.
This time it took me less than an hour to remove all resistance before the Titan (around 350 kills I think). Savegame works.
I actually got past the Titan, took some serious damage but got to the redeemer with 9 health left (allammo and used nothing but the razorjack to kill the Titan), then jumped in, killed the rest of the vermin or at least I thought so because some hidden Krall got me just as I was going to fill up on health.
No problem, as I said samegame works now (and I copied it to a safe place).

I have a question. You said not to use the Redeemer because I'll need it for the Bridge. Since I went for the Redeemer first, then allammo'd for the razors, I have a fully loaded Redeemer, instead of only 1 warhead. Is it acceptable to continue using that Redeemer on the bridge or should I only use it once?

edit at 23:58: Titan and allies are history now. I'm ready to go down that pipe, in fact I've already killed 3 or 4 Slith but there are tons of Slith down there, so I'm hesitating.

In theory, you would have infinite as long as you were on the balcony, but then 2 left once you jumped down. Besides, there's another Deemer just after the bridge (Infinite) But you may have trouble (Since Jumpboots don't respawn)
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 13:36

zacman wrote:In theory, you would have infinite as long as you were on the balcony, but then 2 left once you jumped down. Besides, there's another Deemer just after the bridge (Infinite) But you may have trouble (Since Jumpboots don't respawn)

Almost finished (I think).
[spoiler]First time when I went down the pipe, the Slith were all over me. So I thought: I wouldn't use the Redeemer for the Titan, instead use one Shot into the pipe to give me some space down there, that would then leave me 1 shot with the Deemer for later.
The one shot cleared the dead end and I was able to withstand the Slith assaults in the sewer (although there are so many that the Flak was necessary at times when they came too close).
Then the 2 parallel causeways with bunkerlike structures with shooting windows (what you call the bridge I think). This part looks harder than it is. The only real difficulty is securing the first section (between the bunkers) but from then on the enemy can only pass through a narrow opening in the middle, or by the side of the bunkers. For once I found good use for the biowaste gun, and the DP (splash damage is perfect from far, saving the other ammo). The second bridge is just about the same with the only real difficulty again securing the first section.
My savegame is now just before the teleporter (I didn't see any Redeemer).

I also had a quick try at the queen, used the Redeemer once and then the plasma and Flak, but I got stuck on the floor too much and died. Next try this evening perhaps.[/spoiler]

I have to say that concerning gameplay the whole part up to just before the Titan is seriously good fun once you get the hang of it, but the Titan part isn't fit for single play, I can't even consider the bridge as it is now a real challenge (although there is good potential there with snipers and ambushes).
Summarizing: although it's not made for single play, the first half does fit single play, although the approach won't be your standard Unreal single play method. Concerning the other sections, for single play some of the fights would have to changed to keep the tension but I could see it getting favourable reviews from those liking difficult but fair situations. BTW the whole construction was really well done and convincing.

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 13:49

Yeah, you're almost finished. But now I have to upload a fix. Which means you have to start again :P
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 17:48

zacman wrote:Yeah, you're almost finished. But now I have to upload a fix. Which means you have to start again :P

Managed to avoid the "bug" and killed the Q easily. It was just a question of getting my bearings and running backwards in the pathway (where I am standing in the image). I didn't even have to use the Deemer, nor get extra health, ammo, powerups.
So basically I beat this without cheating (except for the allammo for the Titan). Where's my medal? :wink:

Now it's time to finish another one I was busy with (Return the Heart).

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 09:58

salsaSkaarj wrote:Where's my medal? :wink:

:lol:
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010, 22:34

I'm at the part where you have to kill the Titan. No cheat for now. He's on 85000 health still.

Hard Difficulty + 115% speed obviously.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010, 15:25

XD Ok, lets see if you outdo Salsa's Score (He didn't kill everything possible I don't think, cud be wrong, and the Krall/Sliths are an unknown)
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010, 18:05

Not going for a score run just for a [H] pass because the differences in properties between [H] and [E] are heavy.

Everything is easy except the Queen. Queens do fight hardcore unlike other enemies.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010, 18:10

UBerserker wrote:Hard Difficulty + 115% speed obviously.

Hahaha, good thing because I'll start this on Unreal one of these days, but it'll be 100% speed.
Concerning Krall and Slith. I didn't bother to try to kill them all in the Titan pit. The Titan took me long enough as it was. After the Titan I just killed the Slith and Krall in the open and the occasional one who came out op the pipes. I just needed a short moment without molestation for one guided Deemer shot into the Pipe so that I could drop down without being surrounded immediately.

The thing with the Titan is that without allammo you'll be forced to use the DP or have nothing else left for the next part (which, with only the DP, is impossible I think).

UBerserker wrote:I'm at the part where you have to kill the Titan. No cheat for now. He's on 85000 health still.

Hey UB, how can you find out the remaining health of any enemy?
And how did you tackle each section?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010, 18:20

You can kill the Titan with the DP from the second floor without any danger. It will just take days to do it.
I decided to console-decrease his health to 10000-something just to go faster because I had enough of shooting. Queen is another story because she gets insane health boost on higher difficulties due the Boss properties. Also rofl those Slith, all DP because they're immune to Bio stuff.

All I learn though (actually I already did I just needed confirmations) is how awful and impractical are the UT weapons against monsters. Enforcers and Ripper are beyond useless, the Ripper's accuracy is so hilariously bad for headshots; and the Enforcers are even worse. Even the Minigun has been actually stronger than both and Pulse Rifle.
BioRifle is always the exception. It's the only weapon which Epic knew how to improve in every game of the series.

If you ViewClass the enemies, their health will appear normally in the HUD (just where the Health icon is located).
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010, 23:44

UBerserker wrote:You can kill the Titan with the DP from the second floor without any danger. It will just take days to do it. .

I know, which is why once you've reached the second floor (which is strictly speaking the most difficult thing to do in this section), I have no objection to allammo, it just speeds up things, although again strictly speaking it's not fair that all weapons get all ammo. (so when I reach the Titan, I am just going to call the redeemer and use that all the time untill the Titan is killed).

UBerserker wrote:Also rofl those Slith, all DP because they're immune to Bio stuff.

I didn't know that. Do you mean really immune? or just that biowaste isn't very effective against Slith (this is what I thought).

UBerserker wrote:If you ViewClass the enemies, their health will appear normally in the HUD (just where the Health icon is located).

ok, now I'll have to find out how to ViewClass.

Anyway, I started on [U] and damn the mantas are a lot faster, and the flies and mantas are more difficult to kill (and they evade DP shots now, on easy they didn't). Finally got rid of them all I think but if it continues like this it's going to take much longer than I thought :(

And I think I found another reason why zacman said I didn't kill everything (I know about the Slith and Krall in the Titan pit which I left in the pipes). In the area with the mantas and flies there are also Skaarj coming from below. While fighting those they sometimes jump into the acid below and die there, those don't count as kills it seems.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 00:34

type "mutate spyd00d"

then type "viewclass <insertclass>

Slith have total immunity against Corroded damage, so they get 0 damage from U1/UT BioRifles and SlimePools.
And no, this is normal Oldskool so you can only get score points by killing enemies from your own weapons. For all of those Minigun Skaarj Troopers, use the Minigun's secondary like crazy. They like to shoot themselves actually.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:22

I was actually going by the counts :P And the Skaarj are all Roaming AI, so they will be in different places every time you play. I actually meant your count of Mantas and Flies. There's 100 Mantas, and I think about 200 Flies (CreatureFactories) And damn... It's that easy to finish as an SP? This won't do... I'll have to make a conversion... 8)
ImageImage

Previous Next