This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Bot Handler beta

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Bot Handler beta

Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011, 19:11

Why not just use the XBots9b ? I did get permission from the author of the original xbots
before I did that upgrade to it.

In addition to the extra lists, I also corrected a few minor bugs in the menus and eliminated a few accessed nones.

It also includes a 2nd mutator that attempts to fix the broken AutoAdjust bot skill feature.

If you are playing any sort of team games with bots, you should also try my BotOrders mutator available
here: http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/the_botorders_mutator/1-1-0-15
Mooo !

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011, 18:16

MrLoathsome wrote:Why not just use the XBots9b ? I did get permission from the author of the original xbots

In addition to the extra lists, I also corrected a few minor bugs in the menus and eliminated a few accessed nones.

It also includes a 2nd mutator that attempts to fix the broken AutoAdjust bot skill feature.

If you are playing any sort of team games with bots, you should also try my BotOrders mutator available

The 9b version is great, nice work on that one, I will be using it instead of the old version, but searching around the version mentioned the most is 055 so I am adding support also for that to my program :)

Since you're the author of the 9b version may I ask you to take a quick glance at this file http://xyz8000.altervista.org/XBotsList9bTry.txt and tell me whether everything looks in place to you, and if there is something missing or not necessary? This has been outputted by my program, I used a similar file in-game and I didn't find any trouble whatsoever. Don't mind the random junk names, I was just testing a couple of new wildcards :P

If everything is in place I will release the new version of Bot Handler in a couple of days, the support for both 055 and 9b versions of XBots has been implemented and I fixed up some other stuff. Personally I would have never had the patience of filling out all the 9 extra bot lists of XBots by myself :P

I gave a quick try to that Bot Orders and it's great, I was finally able to play a Domination match without getting angry at those stupid bots for following me around and generally not caring about control points, nice work on this mutator too :). I was always pissed off at the Domination bot AI which prevented me from enjoying offline the otherwise great gametype, now you fixed that and made me an happy man :D
Aside from team games, does the mutator also affect DeathMatch in any way? I didn't notice any substantial difference, but I played only a quick match with low-skilled bots so bots were little more than cannon fodder anyway ;)

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011, 02:10

Thanks for the kind words.

I took a quick look at your list, compared it to the list I use for a couple of my servers, and didn't see anything
that looked wrong.

Looking forward to your next release on this, will check it out.

Re: The BotOrders mutator in DM.

If I recall correctly, it didn't seem to make much difference what the bot orders were for deathmatch.
I think I have it just setting them all to Freelance, so at least none of them are following a player or another
bot around for TDM. (source code is on another PC atm...)
Mooo !

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 19:04

MrLoathsome wrote:I took a quick look at your list, compared it to the list I use for a couple of my servers, and didn't see anything
that looked wrong.

Thanks for taking a look, I did already test it in-game and it worked fine but since the 9b version adds the ChallengeBotsList I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something else that I was missing :)

I finally got my new website up so I just uploaded an updated version, 073. First post edited with the new info :)

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011, 03:39

MrLoathsome wrote:Why not just use the XBots9b ? I did get permission from the author of the original xbots

Thank you sooooo much for this new bot stuff! I especially appreciate the enhancements to the Xbots mutator. I had previously used all 6 bot lists, so I now have 4 extra lists to play with (including the UT list). You know, there is only one mod I wish Unreal Tournament had, and that is a Team size mutator that can add/subtract bots on the fly. Particularly, one that works alongside Xbots that adds a random bot from the selected lists to a team of your choice. The only mutator that comes close to this is "Teamsize", but you must restart the game every time you make changes (and there are some bugs with this mutator). In the case of hosting a dedicated server on the net, you have to restart the entire server for Teamsize changes to take place... This is very annoying. UT2k4 actually has a mod like this called "Bot Manager". It allows you to add bots to whatever team you like, even if it means they are uneven. Ever played with another human versus 6 bots? It's REALLY fun!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011, 16:37

Sounds like you need the Autofill mutator that Darkness over at UT99.org came up
with last year. It attempts to populate a map with the ideal # of bots. And does
a very good job with it for the most part. You can also specifiy # of bots for a map
in the ini file for maps that it doesn't work properly on. Been running it on one of
my servers for almost a year now.

Check it out here: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2573

You might also look for the Teambot mutator. It makes player vs bot games, with 2
bots for each player. I run that on my Assault server. Seems to work best for that gametype.
Mooo !

Previous