Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Playing MH-maps as SP

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Playing MH-maps as SP

Post Posted: 22 May 2011, 23:16

salsaSkaarj wrote:I started this topic because I wanted to try out a MH map playing as SP - this means that I select and start it via the menu (oldschool) as a new single player game. Having found out that ammo and health regeneration is absent, most MH games are unplayable as SP because of lack of ammo and health.
However, it is possible to take advantage of the MH gametype by starting the game as A MH gametype, yet playing it alone (seemingly SP) by setting bots = 0. I have found many MH maps to be very playable that way and (contrary to expectation probably) quite fun (and requiring different strategies).
What is the advantage of playing MH maps in Oldskool? You can also add Mutators via the Oldskool Configuration menu. So either way (Oldskool or "Start Practice Session") all you need is to know some health & ammo regen mutators (for being able to complete every MH map alone). Perhaps Nelsona knows some?

I think, there are more MH than SP maps. I wonder why. Not every MH map fulfills the high standards to run on servers.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 May 2011, 00:28

integration wrote:What is the advantage of playing MH maps in Oldskool? You can also add Mutators via the Oldskool Configuration menu. So either way (Oldskool or "Start Practice Session") all you need is to know some health & ammo regen mutators (for being able to complete every MH map alone).

I have no idea whether there is an advantage or not. I just started a MH map as a new Single Player, which is something made easier which oldschool (menu driven). But now, I play MH maps as Monsterhunt gametypes through practice sessions (as MonsterHunt). And the advantage here is that no mutators are necessary - which means I can play the game as it was meant to be played (although I play as single player).
Ah, wait, there is an advantage with oldschool - at least I can save a game, something which doesn't work in MH gametype (perhaps a problem with my setup).

Nelsona
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 May 2011, 07:03

integration wrote:at least I can save a game, something which doesn't work in MH gametype (perhaps a problem with my setup).
integration wrote:What is the advantage of playing MH maps in Oldskool? You can also add Mutators via the Oldskool Configuration menu. So either way (Oldskool or "Start Practice Session") all you need is to know some health & ammo regen mutators (for being able to complete every MH map alone).

I have no idea whether there is an advantage or not. I just started a MH map as a new Single Player, which is something made easier which oldschool (menu driven). But now, I play MH maps as Monsterhunt gametypes through practice sessions (as MonsterHunt). And the advantage here is that no mutators are necessary - which means I can play the game as it was meant to be played (although I play as single player).
Ah, wait, there is an advantage with oldschool - at least I can save a game, something which doesn't work in MH gametype (perhaps a problem with my setup).

I don't think is possible to save a MH game, I didn't see something in code according to a game-type MH to be saved and restored from a point, only if you have a mutator to do this.
Ok, about some regen mutators which can be used ? UTJMH, SMORegen, there are a few goods for local play. I used them for testing maps using Practice Sesion. Even you can use maps without more inventory. You can be loaded with a weapon loader mutator or with UTJMH random giving a weapon at spawn/respawn.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 May 2011, 21:52

Could a mod edit the above post so that the doubled line is removed and the quote adressed correctly. (and remove this post then :) )

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 24 May 2011, 10:50

Sorry for my late answer, but yesterday I had no internet connection because of some bloody eco-terrorists (grrr and I lost one hour waiting for a train). I have tried out SMoRegen and UTJMH. SMoRegen does, what I have been looking for. The mutators are called SMoRegenHealth and SMoRegenAmmo. I have edited the last one for my own, so that ammos regenerate faster when having a high maxammo.

Comparing Oldskool with MonsterHunt gametype:

Advantages:
You can save.
You can choose difficulty settings.
The old Unreal weapons have decals.
Some pawn improvements (e.g. Krall carcasses have normal collision height).

Disadvatages:
No restart, when died.
Don't know, when map ends (not teleported to next map).

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011, 07:35

some coop for nali chronicles, not MH just made to work online some maps changed a bit.

http://ankor.samara.ru/root/
Just ban everyone

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:14

salsaSkaarj wrote:
salsaSkaarj wrote:... I'll play your map again as MH before I try the rest.

Right, that did it. no more playing MH-maps in the MH gametype (I think). My allies don't respond to my orders, get stuck everywhere, get in the way all the time, just plain get themselves into impossible situations and even shoot me :(.

Just before I'm leaving on vacation I might try again with setting bots to 0. The MH gametype does have the advantage that the exit works, weapons and health spawn, but I have the distinct impression that the enemies are stronger. Especially the Warlord was a lot faster and more aggressive and cornered me regularly (with dismemberment as the logical result, mine, not his :shake: )

There's a bot AI glitch, just a tip, when giving orders, DON'T order them to "Attack" their pathing will fail and they'll run in place. Give them the order "Freelance" instead. As long as the map has proper AI paths, they'll be fine then.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Previous