This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

227g - Can't enter certain servers!

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Subject: 227g - Can't enter certain servers!

Post Posted: 04 May 2011, 21:19

Hello once again, folks.

I've just installed 227G onto both Unreal and Unreal Gold (I have both installed).

Whenever I try to join Infiltration Standoff, Serpentine, Redrum Deathmatches and a few other servers, I end up in the prison-type map which seems to have replaced 'Entry' with CONNECTING across the screen, and nothing else happens. The game seems to be speeded up during this time. The connection attempts to these servers always end with 'Connection failed'.

Jackal's Coop and a few other servers work fine. What's the problem? Standoff is dying a death and I'm trying to do my part to keep it alive.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: 227g - Can't enter certain servers!

Post Posted: 04 May 2011, 21:43

Well, 227g is 227g, so installing it onto Unreal or Unreal Gold still makes it 227g, even if it's the 227g that includes RTNP support or not =P

As for not being able to join some servers, check the server version, as I believe some servers are still using 227f, of which g and f are not bakwards compat of course.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 04 May 2011, 22:54

Well, I decided the best thing to do was to re-install the game and use 227F for now.

Unfortunately, during the Unreal installation process, there was a loud bang and my Unreal CD has been smashed to smithereens.

Crap.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 05 May 2011, 10:47

SmotPoker wrote:Well, I decided the best thing to do was to re-install the game and use 227F for now.

Unfortunately, during the Unreal installation process, there was a loud bang and my Unreal CD has been smashed to smithereens.

Crap.

Dayum, that sucks.

Also, you said you installed g on your Unreal and UGold. Did you install UnrealClassic227gPatch on Unreal and UnrealGold227gPatch on your UGold installation?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 May 2011, 21:52

I have an extremely hard time justifying downloading any of this if it firstly don't work for UT.If it can't be as universal as oldskool or causing too many version mismatches or having to use OLD ! Unreal's editor .

I will try it someday, but so many variations and versions of new files flying around just takes the wind out of my sails to even try it.

All I will ever do is get some version all so I can see how new maps look running Unreal, no mapping, no online stuff.
Why "Unreal" I will never know the big draw to going through all this work, while UT99 is superior on all aspects, including playung Unreal using UT.

Should I upload the 227G to my files site, or do I need to wait for different new files?.
The last fix was something about using it on a Mac.Why is anyone on the face of this earth concerned about supporting this game for a Mac, waste of time.I would specifcaly write it so they can NEVER run this game, IMO.

Oh, and before everyone thinks I am against these are wrong, I am glad at least some people took the time to upgrade Unreal.It will be a whole new thing playing the new maps using the new stuff built in.
but my delema still exists, only unless I use "Unreal".
Just ban everyone

User avatar Gizzy

Post Posted: 26 May 2011, 12:49

redeye wrote:I will try it someday, but so many variations and versions of new files flying around just takes the wind out of my sails to even try it.

227g is the lastest version. There are 2 versions, one for regular Unreal and one for Unreal Gold.

redeye wrote:All I will ever do is get some version all so I can see how new maps look running Unreal, no mapping, no online stuff.
Why "Unreal" I will never know the big draw to going through all this work, while UT99 is superior on all aspects, including playung Unreal using UT.

With these new updates, improvements and enhancements Unreal is now more powerful than UT. With some extra unofficial files, you can also play UT in Unreal 1.

(Screenshot brought to you by 227g)

redeye wrote:Should I upload the 227G to my files site, or do I need to wait for different new files?.

227g is broken atm. the development team is working hard on a hotfix version (227h) and it should be done soon.

redeye wrote:The last fix was something about using it on a Mac.Why is anyone on the face of this earth concerned about supporting this game for a Mac, waste of time.I would specifcaly write it so they can NEVER run this game, IMO.

The mac port was created by Smirftsch, but Epic wouldn't allow him to release it, so that one is a dead end.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 26 May 2011, 23:21

That's pretty cool. Would it let UT mods work for Unreal? Is there a link for the botpack file somewhere?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 27 May 2011, 00:33

Teridax wrote:That's pretty cool. Would it let UT mods work for Unreal? Is there a link for the botpack file somewhere?

Depends. The edited botpack is unofficial and technically not even legal, IIRC. There's a lot of native functions from UT that are missing, so some mods may not work at all. For instance, EXU2 is virtually impossible to port without editing almost all of the classes, and with close to 2,000 classes, there's just no way that is going to happen. UA tried compiling it once and ran into dozens of errors that needed to be fixed within the first couple of classes.

Simpler stuff, like UT SP maps that don't make use of any custom content, might be fine. Mods with a lot of custom stuff are less likely to work. Your best bet is to keep running UT mods on UT and run Unreal stuff with 227.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 May 2011, 10:20

Pretty much anything that makes use of new classes/scripts in UT will not work on 227 (ONP, NC, SF, 7B, XIDIA, EXU2, etc...).
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 May 2011, 16:06

Waffnuffly wrote:
Teridax wrote:That's pretty cool. Would it let UT mods work for Unreal? Is there a link for the botpack file somewhere?

Depends. The edited botpack is unofficial and technically not even legal, IIRC.

Nah...it's perfectly legal, since you still need all the texture and sound files etc from UT99 for this converted Botpack to even work :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011, 11:09

I've decided not to make a new thread as Sana often yells at ppl making new threads :D
joke.

Anyway, I've tried to connect to some coop servers in unreal 227h. But I can't Every time I try to connect to a server Unreal starts to downloading packages including UnrealShare. And the servers I try to connect to are 227h. Even when it downloads it, it won't connect.
Where's the problem?

Second, can I connect to a 225 server?

Third, when this all fixed, can you give me some good coop servers urls? Cos I kind of never played coop unreal and I wanted to try. Thanks.

Edith:

Okay, nevermind, I got that thing figured out... Now I need good coop server adresses cos what I have found was... odd...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 02:23

Could try my server :P

<ER> Coop...currently in Halloween mode...

129.21.101.186:7777

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 04:51

If you want run and gun crazy killing time you can try any of Bob's crazy coop servers, or my Koopa's Ko-op Kaos server. If you want custom maps try hypernl's custom map server, and if you want semi-vanilla try Zombie's deadzone. Though I think it will be hard to find a lot of players outside of zombies. I dunno why, but people like his server.

You could also check out the UDHQ server if it's up for interesting sandboxish maps

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011, 11:45

I'd want a classic style Unreal original/custom map server. No fancy stuff, no crazy stuff, but yes, additional stuff indeed. And that is what I can't seem to find :D