A random sentence for a random mind.

[RELEASED]MH-Purgatorium

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Kew
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: MH-Purgatorium (renamed)

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012, 20:39

I would like to run your map but your link on the first post returns a url not found message. I am sure that is an easy fix, so please tell exactly what I need to run the map. :)

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012, 21:55

fixed download link, seems link phpbb don't like " [ ] " characters. replaced them with a simple dot.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: MH-Purgatory

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012, 11:55

Terraniux wrote:Well, I hope you like the final version then, see first post.

Downloaded, played and died. The Warlord is too much for me;
I thought you hadn't increased his HP and only gave him a more powerful attack. My only way of even slighlty harassing him is by hit and run attack from outside the church but even then (his distance punch is quite powerful :shock: ).

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012, 20:10

salsaSkaarj wrote:
Terraniux wrote:Well, I hope you like the final version then, see first post.

Downloaded, played and died. The Warlord is too much for me;
I thought you hadn't increased his HP and only gave him a more powerful attack. My only way of even slighlty harassing him is by hit and run attack from outside the church but even then (his distance punch is quite powerful :shock: ).

Monsterhunt is designed to be played with more than 1 player. On dU when you play it, 8 men are needed to kill it within 5 min. And what were you exspecting from a boss that represents the devil? ;) haha. :twisted:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012, 19:34

Terraniux wrote:...
Monsterhunt is designed to be played with more than 1 player. On dU when you play it, 8 men are needed to kill it within 5 min. And what were you exspecting from a boss that represents the devil? ;) haha. :twisted:

I don't care what it was designed for. I think the SP experience in Purgatory is quite good. All I need is a couple of free hours to replay this and beat the crap out of that Warlord. Pity there no way to save at a certain point. I guess the Warlord will take about an hour and a half (perhaps less, if I can find a way to get to the Redeemer, or if I can lure the Warlord out near to the superamplifier).

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012, 13:00

If you have knowledge of the editor, you can open the map and lower it's health and save it as MH-Purgatorium(weak boss).unr or something. All my MH maps are designed for multiplayer or single player with bots as backup. Even though my a.i /bots/ botpathing knowledge isn't great :P

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 19:05

Reporting this map as completed. added: [released] to title.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012, 19:17

Terraniux wrote:Monsterhunt is designed to be played with more than 1 player.

Then it should be in the Multiplayer Matters forum, as I'm afraid UnrealSP is a single player-centric site and doesn't directly support purely multi-player projects. I'm not sure how I took so long to notice this.

Don't you think it's possible to add a single-player mode to the game by filtering out enemies, events etc. via the bCoop tag under Filters?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [RELEASED]MH-Purgatorium

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012, 00:28

Actually it can still be considered single-player if played with a small squad of bots to support the player. Mass Effect uses this kind of solution all the time, providing the player the support of two squadmates. Yes, in the light of that example, I firmly believe that Monsterhunt CAN be considered a variation of single player game.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012, 14:18

To sana and Delacroix, well I don't mind if you move it to mp matters. You are the boss here ;)
And perhaps I could make a singelplayer version once, but I'll leave it this way for now.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012, 12:05

Delacroix wrote:Actually it can still be considered single-player if played with a small squad of bots to support the player. Mass Effect uses this kind of solution all the time, providing the player the support of two squadmates. Yes, in the light of that example, I firmly believe that Monsterhunt CAN be considered a variation of single player game.

Many monsterhunt maps can be played as SP, but a true SP experience (for me) implies that the map is played without bots.

I would make the distiction between a true multiplayer section (which is per definition online) and the single player experience (offline). Monsterhunt maps could fall into both categories so I would make that a section by itself in which (perhaps overkill) a map could be discussed in a separate topic depending on how it's played (multi or SP).

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012, 21:36

salsaSkaarj wrote:Many monsterhunt maps can be played as SP, but a true SP experience (for me) implies that the map is played without bots.

Sadly, no. I must always have my faithful random bot to back me up for when I invariably get myself into trouble.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012, 09:26

Well I tried your map and is pretty nice.It seems the bots act funny and not follow me like they should if I order them to cover me.The stairs going across to the rocket launcher, and to the long area before you get in the fliies room.I need to really coax them along .

I think this map has much more room to squeeze in much more enemies, it just seemed to fall flat being the main fight or thing to do was killing that queen.

I might have added a first angel right in the place you spawn at the start back wall, another one behind that tree with the big health or in the fly room.and maybe a secret one to find.Or like one you can see but need to figure out how to get there.

all in all it was good but was disappointed when I jumped into the telporter having the map end.I thought it was going to bring me to some other abstract place in the map.
Just ban everyone

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012, 21:47

redeye wrote:Well I tried your map and is pretty nice.It seems the bots act funny and not follow me like they should if I order them to cover me.The stairs going across to the rocket launcher, and to the long area before you get in the fliies room.I need to really coax them along .

I actually found the bot-pathing very good. I played this map with 3 bots, one stayed at my back the whole time, the other two did okay but didn't traverse the whole map. Mostly just stuck to one side once the main floor was clear.

That and it has traps. Who doesn't love a map with traps?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012, 00:58

No he doesn't have pathnodes going to places.So he must have intentionally left them out for some reason.
Same on another map as well, the bots must have been triggering things he didn't want.because I added paths and the pawns are all over the place, and the bots , and they follow commands as well.
Just ban everyone

Previous Next