Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Barney Calhoun for Unreal Tournament

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Which of the following applies to you?

Have played Half Life and Sven Coop
21%
Have played Half Life only
64%
Have played neither HL nor Sven Coop
14%

Total votes: 14

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Barney Calhoun for Unreal Tournament

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012, 05:57

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AFTER the Black Mesa incident, Barney Calhoun's primary source of income had fallen through. After tolerating so many odd jobs here and there, the former security expert decided to put years spent fighting human and non-human foes alike to the test of tests - the Liandri Tournaments...

~~~

A first crack at the whole Usaar33-style conversion thing. We've already got the Gordon Freeman model, so why not throw in his sidekick buddy into the fray? This archive comes with two skins, two faces, all of which are interchangeable; team colors for both skins and talk textures for both faces. A few bugs here and there, but I don't think they should detract too much from the overall quality of the model. If anyone with UScript/Modeling advice could demonstrate how to fix these bugs, it would be greatly appreciated!

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=3687

And while you're going ahead and getting some Half Life in your Unreal Tournament, why not bring the Barney Calhoun experience full circle with the Barney Calhoun voice pack? I didn't make the voice pack, that would be Digga at http://website.lineone.net/~ben_price/parametriceq/. Here's the download link:

http://fpsnetwork.com/downloads/ut99/Vo ... eyUmod.zip

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Barney Calhoun for Unreal Tournament

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012, 07:38

Oh man, now that I've played HL I gotta stick these guys into UT for the comedy value. I'm tempted to make a voicepack now but I dunno if Barney has enough lines. And I'd have to figure out Hammer and exporting audio from an engine I've never used before :o

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012, 02:16

Thanks! Glad you appreciate it, there's another one for Gordon Freeman which shouldn't be too hard to find but I can provide it if need be.

Waffnuffly wrote:I'm tempted to make a voicepack now but I dunno if Barney has enough lines.

Already done. Original post has a link to a Barney voicepack at the bottom, but here it is again:
http://fpsnetwork.com/downloads/ut99/Voice%20Packs/HLBarneyUmod.zip

It's actually pretty well done, as far as using his lines fittingly goes. It's a little on the quiet side though, that's pretty much the only downside.

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012, 16:46

"Hey, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer."
Image Image

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012, 02:30

Random fact time, now that you mentioned that: In the Half Life mod, "Redemption" (or "Absolute Redemption") there's a "russian" barney guard that says "Catch me later I will buy you a shot of vodka." Couldn't find a video of it, but, trust me, it exists.

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012, 03:09

Haha, that's great! Now I can just imaging hearing Barney say, "Now, about that Vodka I owed ya!" wait wut
Image Image