Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[UT99] RA to DM part 2 (paused)

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: [UT99] RA to DM part 2 (paused)

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012, 14:34

I recently started this project for Unreal Tournament. It will be a mappack of the best Rocket Arena maps ported to Deathmatch. A guy named ''Coreper'' once made a mappack like this, but he only included those that came with this gametype. I will include only those that didn't make it in the package. So far, I was only able to contact Maverick to ask permission to convert his maps (RA-Dasa and RA-Maverick][) as all I can find are dead emails and dead websites :(

current progress:
RA-Dasa: weapons remain for all 5 arenas.
RA-Maverick][: weapons for all 5 (+1 from the old version) arenas.

I'm not listing the rest now since I wanna make surprise :lol:

OK now I need your opinion:
Do I really need to contact the authors for their permission (As I can't find anyway to contct them)? If no, then will a big ''If you don't like your made map in the pack, I'll update the pack discluding your maps IMMEDIATLY!'' sign help? :D

Thanks for your answer...
Last edited by UnrealGecko on 15 Feb 2013, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [UT99] RA to DM part 2 (in development)

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012, 15:22

If you can't contact the original authors, I don't think including their modified maps should be a problem as long as their names as still included with the map previews and you have that disclaimer in the readme.

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [UT99] RA to DM part 2 (in development)

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012, 16:50

Thank you, Al!
I'll definetly keep their names on the maps and the readme (I'm not a Kaal, right?). I respect other authors and if I hear even a peep of the original authors, I'll take actions immediatly.
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)