This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Nali Weapons 3 - Release

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 17:46

Here it is, Nali Weapons 3 is finally released:
ZIP version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons- ... ip-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?ww2vzoxfy5cyg0v )
UMOD version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons- ... od-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?7qd84n6gb9ng0x5 )

Also, if you own a server or want to host one for these weapons, there redirect files can be found here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons- ... rvers-only
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?yxy174imtali49n )

Nuclear testing maps: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons- ... -test-maps
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?bdgei2ck5gi22pj )

I also made a "short" 6min video showing a glimpse on all available weapons and nukes (it's suggested to play it in HD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8LFpo0gDkU

I hope you enjoy it :)
Last edited by Feralidragon on 07 Dec 2012, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 19:42

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! \o/

edit: gamefront isnt working and the mirrors ask me to login to moddb. ill host a mirror of my own on my ftp storage if you want (once i can actually get it =P )
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 20:07

I literally had an orgasm.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 23:46

Gonna check it out first time in the morning cos I feel I might not survive that amount of awesomeness because I'm tired as a dog.
Oh fudge, I want to check it out! If I do tho sleepless night is inevitable. I can't do that...
CRAP!
*downloads*

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012, 00:11

Thanks all :)

Heads up: I updated the first post with temporary dropbox links until this gamefront issue is sorted out (I used moddb for years, and this is the first time I see such issue, I already posted in their forums and also submitted a ticket to gamefront).

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012, 10:58

NW3 is slowly becoming my fet!sh...

Nali Weapons 4? =D

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012, 01:54

Qtit wrote:Gonna check it out first time in the morning cos I feel I might not survive that amount of awesomeness because I'm tired as a dog.
Oh fudge, I want to check it out! If I do tho sleepless night is inevitable. I can't do that...
CRAP!
*downloads*

Sleep is for the weak!

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012, 02:17

I wanted to note one minor thing before I say anything else: the option to replace Unreal 1 weapons with Nali Weapons effects default Unreal weapon classes, not the oldskool replacement classes, which is what most people will be using if they happened to play anything SP in UT.

Okay, done. I want to note that every match I've played with Nali Weapons has been fantastic and highly-entertaining (aside from playing on CTF-High because that map is terrible). I also had a lot of fun just...playing around with the nukes and the ion cannon. And all of the minor touches are phenomenal at worst. We saw professional in the promotional material, and that's what we got. Incredible work, Ferali.

I do want to note, though, that these weapons, while amazing and fun in MP, are not as fun in SP without hordes of enemies to fight. Just putting it out there that Nali Weapons combined with EXU2 or something like it would be a new high to beat, I'd wager; I have the seed of a notion to build an SP pack around this mod, but I can only cram it into the back of my mind since I'm pretty busy and I think it would be too ambitious for me at this time. The EXU2 thing might work if there were some weapon damage mutator out there, but it appears that there isn't something specifically for that, and I'm already stretching my horizons a bit farther than what is probably sane.

Otherwise, again, this has already blown me away, and the MP will probably keep me hooked for quite some time.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012, 17:43

Thanks all :)

@NW4: LOL, it's not going to happen, this was the very last one as NW4 simply isn't possible to do in this engine (at least for me), as I already felt a bit restricted already in NW3 (the nukes were supposed to have more effects and the weapons should be a bit more detailed in my original ideas).
Probably I could make NW4 in UEngine2 or beyond, but if start to work in another engine, I will go straight to UDK instead and create my own game, but then I cannot call them "Nali" weapons anymore due to copyright issues with Epic.

@Jet v4.3.5: The old weapon replacements were mostly meant for MH, where people use the standard or where the gametype itself replaces by its own, I didn't think of oldskool at all.
However, the replacement mutators are very very very flexible, so one can simply add those weapons there or I can release a mutator specifically to replace those later, although then the whole SP atmospheric feel and gameplay would degrade with the usage of weapons which were not originally intended for the campaign, or at least that's my opinion. :)

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012, 23:22

Feralidragon wrote:Thanks all :)

@NW4: LOL, it's not going to happen, this was the very last one as NW4 simply isn't possible to do in this engine (at least for me), as I already felt a bit restricted already in NW3 (the nukes were supposed to have more effects and the weapons should be a bit more detailed in my original ideas).
Probably I could make NW4 in UEngine2 or beyond, but if start to work in another engine, I will go straight to UDK instead and create my own game, but then I cannot call them "Nali" weapons anymore due to copyright issues with Epic fail.
:cry: :cry: :cry: UT2004? That is my second favorite UT game. :D And you just called me NW4!!! HAHA.

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012, 09:47

Join Runestorm if you're thinking about using modern engine! I think they will appreciate your talent and creativity!
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012, 06:59

Played some MH with them last night, brilliant as always... Though The One Multimissile Launcher put the Nukes to shame (Infinity+2.5x speed+ 5x damage X missiles).

I missed the release because I was watching your blog. So is X Vehicles next? :D
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012, 12:37

@diamond: Well, they seem to have liked the mod (they have it posted in their forum by one of their community users).
But I don't have the needed skill to join them, and even if by any chance I had, as much as I like Runestorm (great guys) I have no intentions in the near future to join them.
Thanks for the compliment though :)

@zacman: Thanks. I didn't update my blog yet since it's the very last site I generally update (I prefer to update the big ones first), plus I am only going to post there in the mod re-release (a few bugs were found that need some fixing, some of them are in the core file in which the entire mod depends on).

As for what's next, that's not what I have in mind lol, sorry. Next I am thinking to do another weapon mod, but something not like NW3, it's actually what I think to be a new concept mostly directed to only DM, TDM, CTF, etc, those kind of gametypes in a perhaps more competitive and progressive matter (with a few RPG elements such as levels), something little bit more serious but also faster to do (since it's going to rely in the NW3 core file for all the visual features and such).
I will try to do a version of it for UT first, an in case people like the concept, I will probably do it for real in the UDK.

I won't announce anything yet though, and it will be quite some time before people hear about it (if there's something I learned with NW3 is to just announce things at bare minimum about 1 or 2 months from actual release, and not earlier).

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012, 17:43

just thought i should mention this since i heard u were gonna do a re-release due to some bugs...

on the multi missile launcher... if u have 3 ammo left and shoot a laser guided missile...it changes your weapon cause u ran out of ammo so u cant guide your missile and u just wasted 3 ammunition =P

not really major but yeh...thought u should know just in case noone told ya yet

EDIT: i actually found a lot more bugs but im not sure if i should post them or not =P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012, 00:02

Yeah, I knew about that one already since NW2 (lol), but I never really bothered fixing it since it can actually be frustrating firing the last missile and having to wait for it to explode to change weapon (you get highly vulnerable during this period, even if I make it able for you to change weapons manually, the reaction time in the heat of battle is just too short to realize it in time).
That missile also does more splash damage, so it still compensates firing it in some moments.

Feel free to post here or anywhere else any bugs you found. I meant it when I said for people to report any bug they find. :wink:

Next