Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Nali Weapons 3 - Release

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013, 23:39

*in an high pitched voice* Ho lee schitt! My head is gonna explode!!! CANNOT WAIT OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013, 12:41

Thank you all :)

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013, 15:56

Not so fond of the flyng robot (reminds me too much of the GasBag) but the rest ... WOW!!! *drooling*

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013, 03:41

zomfg@The volcano.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013, 05:26

Yeah that volcano is just legendary. Only stock effects I recognize are the UT smoke trails from rockets, and maybe possibly chunktrails on the lava rock bits. The rest, holy FUCK

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013, 12:56

salsaSkaarj wrote:Not so fond of the flyng robot (reminds me too much of the GasBag) but the rest ... WOW!!! *drooling*

I am not 100% satisfied with it either to be honest. But the oversurrections are mainly manifestations of the power of their original weapons, and since the WRE is a small assault-rifle-esque weapon with ion grenades, I thought in giving it the look of the weapon, the shape and ionization of the grenades and the bullets power as miniguns... the result: a WRE frankenstein :lol: lmao

Bug Horse wrote:Yeah that volcano is just legendary. Only stock effects I recognize are the UT smoke trails from rockets, and maybe possibly chunktrails on the lava rock bits. The rest, holy FUCK

Yeah, the initial smoke coming out from the floor (as it breaks) it's the stock UT one, but as for the lava, the glow itself is custom and is made in a way so even if the lava changes its shape, the glow reshapes itself too, but the lava itself is the original UT bio blob from the biorifle, except with another texture and the glow around it so it can look as melting as possible (it turns out into an actual rock in contact with water though).
The lava itself is the same one that the original FlameTracker spills in its alt-fire, but in a much larger scale and larger quantity (so although the screenshot doesn't show, the lava looks more liquid than what the screenshot suggests).

The texture of what becomes the volcanic crater always matches the actual floor it was spawned on (whenever possible that is).

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013, 19:04

Bolt Rifle Oversurrection:
It casts a lightning storm for about 30 seconds (configurable). The lightnings may or may not hit the opponents directly, but if they land nearby they may still kill.
I have to say that the screenshots do not reveal that much of what is really going on in-game (effects-wise, as the electrical activity is a lot more intense than what's portrayed here and aren't meant to be seen as still images). Soon I will make a preview video on this and the other oversurrections.

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013, 20:21

forward to the video be a big boom! :B

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 15:29

Well, I decided to start doing some streaming and some small videos at twitchtv, here:
http://www.twitch.tv/feralidragon

Some of which will be about NW3 (and perhaps other UT stuff), others will be about other stuff or just plain gameplay in other games and such, and some of which will eventually be exported to youtube as well, as in the case of the following video, which is a very short video on the Executioner oversurrection (the big skeleton one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHwGlOYz34

More videos like these will follow relative the other oversurrections, and perhaps other related stuff (who knows). So instead of making big boring videos in the interval of dozens of months, I am thinking to do short, some of which live streamed, on the progress of the final version of this mod.

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 16:03

yuhuuuu! this is a big fucking skeleton :shock:

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013, 00:26

Even though I'm not a fan of overpowered weapons and I think not even a single Nali had anything to do with this, these weps are just... it's just... wow.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013, 19:51

absolutely awesome, beautifully rendered, outstanding effects... if I keep going this post will be a huge block of compliments. Just incredible work overall!

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013, 21:57

AndryxaXP wrote:yuhuuuu! this is a big fucking skeleton :shock:

Indeed. Given how a lot of us play MonsterHunt, I wanna see Ferali make that thing in a video on a map with monsters on it. To see what it does to them and what they try to do to it!
Bleeder91<NL> wrote:I think not even a single Nali had anything to do with this

I'm fairly certain the package was originally called Skaarj Weapons but Ferali was worried the Skaarj would sue, or worse, and figured "What could the Nali possibly do to me?"

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013, 06:58

Beautiful weapons, but remind me how that is in any way balanced :lol:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Previous Next